It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd in China attacks police car over fireworks ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   
More evidence of public dissent spilling over into violence in China as a video has slipped under the great red firewall of a crowd attacking a police car in Henan after the officers tried to uphold a ban on public fireworks for New Year.

Another sign of discontent with the authoritarian Chinese government.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This isn't going to end well......

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

As they've already shown with the protests against China's zero Covid policy direct action can yield results , it was public disobedience that led to the scrapping of the zero Covid policy.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It's signs like this leaking out that lead me to think they're playing the COVID scare game with the reports of White Lung over there.

They're all trying to control again through fear more than there is any serious problem. Of course, I could be wrong and it might be real this time, but this is the problem with having been the Boy Who Cried Wolf - no one believes you when you really mean it.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
When the chinese populace gets too large to wrangle.

They may need a war to direct all that anger, not good in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I've been saying that for a while. They have a large population that is demographically lop-sided. It's largely young men that won't be able to find wives because of the effects of the one child policy coupled with the cultural desire for sons.

What do you do with that when those men realize most of them have no meaningful future because they can't fulfill the normal biological imperatives?

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thats hilarious, the straw that broke the camels back..You don't mess with a Black Mans radio, and looks like You don't mess with a Chinese fellers firecrackers..after all gunpowder was kind of their thing was it not.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Several years back I knew a Chinese woman, she was married with one son and had left them to come to the USA.
She said that the Chinese government at that time assigned everyone a particular job, and you kept that job for life. There was also that law of having only child per couple, and if you dared to have another child there were major penalties.
She was in the United States for several years before she could send for her husband and child, their laws are completely different from ours.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

There are horror stories about what happens if you tried to flout the law by having more than one child. That policy has been relaxed in recent years, but the damage remains. There is a reason why there are so many adopted Asian girls in the US. A lot of them are abandoned Chinese girls.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: nugget1

As they've already shown with the protests against China's zero Covid policy direct action can yield results , it was public disobedience that led to the scrapping of the zero Covid policy.

Right, you are!

With past history being the best indicator of future behavior, I may have misjudged Xi. It's quite possible he's seen the error of his tyrannical ways and no longer wants to weld people in their homes or use any other heavy-handed method of control.

All hail the new, improved Xi, bringing democracy to china!

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Denying an ancient cultural tradition will do it every time.

The history of fireworks and their traditional uses in China

Origins of fireworks

The earliest “firecrackers” in China date back to between 202 BCE – 220 AD during the Han Dynasty. In these times, Chinese people would roast bamboo in fires, whereby hollow pockets in the bamboo would expand and eventually explode, producing a loud bang.

A few hundred years later during the Tang dynasty, a Chinese alchemist accidentally discovered an exploding black powder while trying to make an elixir of life. He had combined saltpeter (potassium nitrate), sulfur and charcoal to make what we now know as gunpowder.

One of the more popular legends as to why Chinese people believe fireworks ward off evil spirits is the story of a monster called “Nian”.

www.bing.com... EDSE

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
Several years back I knew a Chinese woman, she was married with one son and had left them to come to the USA.
She said that the Chinese government at that time assigned everyone a particular job, and you kept that job for life. There was also that law of having only child per couple, and if you dared to have another child there were major penalties.
She was in the United States for several years before she could send for her husband and child, their laws are completely different from ours.

It's still pretty much that way.

A friend married a "mail order bride" (today an "internet order bride) from China (this was about 20 years ago).

It's very controlled and regimented -- at least in the cities. You have to get government permission to do almost anything.

You can't change jobs or move without government approval.

Any children belong to the husband's family.

The day her daughter became of age -- she had her on a plane to the US.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I tried it with " joke about Americans" and "Mexican" ... Same result

I can't post the picture here but it gave me a generic joke about umbrellas and the Sun for Americans and said it couldn't be offensive for the Mexicans.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

That is something is likely coming to the west with the way WEF its polices aiming for.

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Who do these Chinese think they are? Americans??😂

top topics

join