It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Cowboy Prophetic/Inspired Songs - Messages Through Time -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So let's listen to the Steve Miller Band together:

Let's look at the lyrics:

"I told you 'bout living in the US of A
Don't you know that I'm a gangster of love?
Let me tell you people that I found a new way
And I'm tired of all this talk about love
And the same old story with a new set of words
About the good and the bad and the poor
And the time's keep on changin'
So I'm keepin' on top
Of every fat cat who walks through my door

I'm a space cowboy
Bet you weren't ready for that
I'm a space cowboy
I'm sure you know where it's at
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I was born on this rock
And I've been travelin' through space
Since the moment I first realized
What all you fast talkin' cats would do if you could
You know, I'm ready for the final surprise
There ain't no way around it
Ain't nothing to say
That's gonna satisfy my soul deep inside
All the prayers and surveyors
Keep the whole place uptight
While it keeps on gettin' darker outside

I'm a space cowboy
I'm a space cowboy
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I see the showdowns, slowdowns, lost and found, turn arounds
The boys in the military shirts
I keep my eyes on the prize, on the long fallen skies
And I don't let my friends get hurt
All you back room schemers, small trip dreamers
Better find something new to say
'Cause you're the same old story
It's the same old crime
And you got some heavy dues to pay

I'm a space cowboy
I'm a space cowboy
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"

Songs are often a polished version of remote writing. Our own Annee gave me (unintentionally) the idea that that's something people always do one way or another:
Let it flow

The question is why is everything so tainted by fear?
If you look at that song and think about the olden days you'll see it was never different.
It ebbs and grows, calmer moments between the storms, but we the people have always been up to our neck in peed pants.
The thing the elites don't understand is they're not above everybody.

'Alien' is very likely only useful as variable, for something very ancient, something I can easily see how it could be misidentified as 'demon', a shapeshifting Earth 'spirit' which incorporates but is really the Sum and Guardian of Life on Earth.
The issue I often despair on a little is because we don't differentiate.
Does that mean there's no life on other planets: no, it's not an either or issue.
Does that mean there can't be things like IDE besides that: no, for the same reason.
That's also in no way implying there aren't other mystical, spiritual,... entities and phenomena out there.
God, ghosts, Ascended Masters, Saints, Angels, Faery, ... none of that is excluded.

That's the other issue I have with ... well humans in general I guess, we oscillate between total submission and that joy of dominating.
A destructive, vicious circle that's a symptom of the fatal human mental condition.
Remember all those Hippy-Remote-Messages? Almost all about: Harmony

But I still do think also there are agents amongst us, including myself, whose only purpose of existence is to lift the veil, open the gates, lit the fuse, and all of that.
Which isn't centered around questions of good and evil, just pushing the story forward, to keep time moving and the Earth spinning, because that's I believe the quintessence of what consciousness contributes to the universe: The Flow.

I have seen zig-zagging lights, I have told the story before.
So there's really no doubt in my mind, the phenomenon is real.
But for one: I think it's insane to assume any one would haul a bulk of metal through space, in the age of nano-material we should assume that that's the way to the future: the thinest possible bubble.
And two: we're mostly dealing with a mental, or psychological phenomenon, we can't see 80% of the time we're interacting with it.
Are those seperate issues? I'd be totally fine with that, but I don't see how we could know.

What is beyond a doubt totally visible here on ATS is that Space Cowboy vs Fat Cat struggle is taking place
within
But the time where the demons called for harmony seems to be for sure over.

Thanks for reading

edit on 27-12-2022 by Peeple because: urrrgh

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   
My Mom used to say that as Christians we are the aliens because we are in this world but not of it..lol..she is strong in her faith, though we don't share the same one Ive sure learned a lot from her..

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
So let's listen to the Steve Miller Band together:

Let's look at the lyrics:

"I told you 'bout living in the US of A
Don't you know that I'm a gangster of love?
Let me tell you people that I found a new way
And I'm tired of all this talk about love
And the same old story with a new set of words
About the good and the bad and the poor
And the time's keep on changin'
So I'm keepin' on top
Of every fat cat who walks through my door

I'm a space cowboy
I'm a space cowboy
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I was born on this rock
And I've been travelin' through space
Since the moment I first realized
What all you fast talkin' cats would do if you could
You know, I'm ready for the final surprise
There ain't no way around it
Ain't nothing to say
That's gonna satisfy my soul deep inside
All the prayers and surveyors
Keep the whole place uptight
While it keeps on gettin' darker outside

I'm a space cowboy
I'm a space cowboy
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I see the showdowns, slowdowns, lost and found, turn arounds
The boys in the military shirts
I keep my eyes on the prize, on the long fallen skies
And I don't let my friends get hurt
All you back room schemers, small trip dreamers
Better find something new to say
'Cause you're the same old story
It's the same old crime
And you got some heavy dues to pay

I'm a space cowboy
I'm a space cowboy
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"

Songs are often a polished version of remote writing. Our own Annee gave me (unintentionally) the idea that that's something people always do one way or another:
Let it flow

The question is why is everything so tainted by fear?
If you look at that song and think about the olden days you'll see it was never different.
It ebbs and grows, calmer moments between the storms, but we the people have always been up to our neck in peed pants.
The thing the elites don't understand is they're not above everybody.

'Alien' is very likely only useful as variable, for something very ancient, something I can easily see how it could be misidentified as 'demon', a shapeshifting Earth 'spirit' which incorporates but is really the Sum and Guardian of Life on Earth.
The issue I often despair on a little is because we don't differentiate.
Does that mean there's no life on other planets: no, it's not an either or issue.
Does that mean there can't be things like IDE besides that: no, for the same reason.
That's also in no way implying there aren't other mystical, spiritual,... entities and phenomena out there.
God, ghosts, Ascended Masters, Saints, Angels, Faery, ... none of that is excluded.

That's the other issue I have with ... well humans in general I guess, we oscillate between total submission and that joy of dominating.
A destructive, vicious circle that's a symptom of the fatal human mental condition.
Remember all those Hippy-Remote-Messages? Almost all about: Harmony

But I still do think also there are agents amongst us, including myself, whose only purpose of existence is to lift the veil, open the gates, lit the fuse, and all of that.
Which isn't centered around questions of good and evil, just pushing the story forward, to keep time moving and the Earth spinning, because that's I believe the quintessence of what consciousness contributes to the universe: The Flow.

I have seen zig-zagging lights, I have told the story before.
So there's really no doubt in my mind, the phenomenon is real.
But for one: I think it's insane to assume any one would haul a bulk of metal through space, in the age of nano-material we should assume that that's the way to the future: the thinest possible bubble.
And two: we're mostly dealing with a mental, or psychological phenomenon, we can't see 80% of the time we're interacting with it.
Are those seperate issues? I'd be totally fine with that, but I don't see how we could know.

What is beyond a doubt totally visible here on ATS is that Space Cowboy vs Fat Cat struggle is taking place
within
But the time where the demons called for harmony seems to be for sure over.

Thanks for reading

Didn't some people call him Maurice? and others called him the gangster of love I seem to recall he also spoke of the pompatus of love, he was also a picker and grinner and IIRC a lover and a sinner. He mostly played his music in the sun.

I was always mystified as to what the pompatus of love was personally.

I revisit this later tonight when I'm midnight toking and perhaps I can wrap my brain around the Peeple theory.

But the basic theory is Steve Miller's lyrics are based on "remote viewing" as in the book "The Men Who Stared at Goats" ?

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't think you have the basic idea behind the song .
It was the 70s.
You had to be there to understand .
Look up Space Truckin .
Begin to get the message .

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I don't think you have the basic idea behind the song .
It was the 70s.
You had to be there to understand .
Look up Space Truckin .
Begin to get the message .

Are you referring to Peeple?

I know who Steve Miller is, I'm a huge fan BTW. I was a kid in the 70s. Hell, I remember being disappointed in Abracadabra when it came out because all of his previous albums were mostly off the charts, and it seemed like another 80s sell-out to me at the time

The last time I saw him in concert about 2012 he even mentioned the story behind his sitar used for Wild Mountain Honey which is severely underrated

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned
My Mom used to say that as Christians we are the aliens because we are in this world but not of it..lol..she is strong in her faith, though we don't share the same one Ive sure learned a lot from her..

Here ya go…..

John 15:19 - If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

John 18:36 - Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 John 2:15 - Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

John 17:14 - I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

John 8:23 - And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 17:16 - They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Probably your Mom’s references from the Bible 😉

👽
edit on 27-12-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

got to do it, got to post a couple of favorites. but first Steve Miller didn't write space cowboy by himself, he co wrote it with band member Ben Sidran, so i guess they stared at goats together.

i'm sure somebody knows who Paul Ramon is? hint he plays drums, bass and sings pretty damn good too.

thought people like to hear one before lido missed the boat, and got low down

thirty years later,

there's a bunch more.

edit on 27-12-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is one of the best things about ATS, It gets me thinking. When I come across a thread like this, which has individual parts that all interest me, spun into a theory it just makes me search and try to learn more.

The remote viewing aspect is really cool, the Why Files did a vid on it recently so it was fresh in my mind, but ive read a detailed synopsis of "The Men who stare at Goats" book, which definitely piqued my interest even further. Even though the movie bastardized it a bit and turned it into a poor comedy the gist is still there.

Below is what the man himself says, for what it's worth the song's co-writer Ben Sidran had an interesting life and sounds like a well-educated and talented man. None of which dispels the remote viewing/CIA, throw in a few conspiracy theories in the same time period with all this going. There are some loose circumstantial connections. In other words an interesting theory. Not to mention getting a brand-new artist to listen to. 10 songs in you can see how he influenced Miller, wicked ass horns and keys damn good production value is all right up my alley. 70s funk to Jazz and more seamlessly.

To bring it full circle and hopefully avoid the removed for thread drift banner It wouldn't be the first time the alphabet agencies showed an interest in remote viewing, and being more than a few theories of how involved they got in the entertainment industry in the 60s and 70s.

Some have suggested it's these mind/psychological elements that bothered Eisenhower so much. The MIC was heavy into this psychological/mind stuff just the aforementioned alphabet agencies were supposedly as well. It fits and it's more entertaining to have an open mind.

people.com...

“Space Cowboy” (1969)

“Space Cowboy” is a funny song because I was staying at the Chateau Marmont when I was working on it and I was stuck for lyrics. Ben Sidran was in the studio and he and I put the words together in about 15 minutes. I didn’t think very much of it! When I heard the final mix I was going to take it off the album—I didn’t think I wanted to release that version. And here I am 50 years later playing ‘Space Cowboy!’

Ben Sidran/Don't Let Go

Damn good album in its own right,

now I got to check out his whole catalog

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Wise lady!a reply to: didntasktobeborned

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Miller seemed to dip his toes into an infinite pool Peep. He seemed capable of scoring a variety of topics and senses with his composing but the thing that made it even greater was his capacity to perform at the highest of levels. Who couldn't dance to Dance Dance Dance and who couldn't fly with Fly Like an Eagle?
For me, Miller was transcendent, capable of expressing and expressing well the variety of of directions of those hippie times. The spiritual, the party, the recognition of the death facing Western Civilization, the revolution. All of it.

I first heard his Sailor album when it came out in 68. ''Song of our Ancestors'' with the sounds of the fog horns and wave on the Bay, oh my. I was 20 and in and out of the Haight. Later in my career, every Friday before the week's work ended, I"d put on ''Livin in the USA'' to get me out of the forty hour doldrums.

For me Peeps, Miller was one of those ''agents'' lifting the veil at times. Pushing back against the entropy of our existence.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Love the first. ♥️
Listen to it for the second time, at this very moment. Awesome stuff.

The second is too clean for me I like my Blues a little more edgy.

The third is really nice, also gets its second run right now.
I think it's the one 'that speaks to me'.

And the last one is a good song.

On the topic of the thread, I think what this shows in regards to the human mental condition, it strongly varies, not just from person, to person, but also over time.
I was super surprised, when Kindra(? I hope I remember that right?) had her thread about how not everybody has an inner dialogue ongoing.
I was mind blown, because that's the number one asset to my personal growth and fun stuff like stories, music, movies, games,... that is what gives life its meaning isn't it?

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

One World Army!
Oh my gawd I almost forgot about that.
My favourite documentary about it:

I hope it's the right one?

What comes into my mind, my inner dialogue wants you to know:
One World Army! Report!

After I was thinking: imagine the 'nutty' USArmy would have had success, what weird propaganda that would make: we can go through walls, we can manipulate time, metal and your mind.
So let's hope it has some integrated Palladin* Update in the same package, imagine that combined with the DarkSide*.

*all to be understood as Meme

I'd still so sign up for that.
Superpowers to save the world.
I wouldn't sell my soul, but I'd give up parts of my free will,
if that were an requirement.

And that's the end of the circle back to what I said earlier:
One World Army.
Because for us there are no borders.
We'll find you wherever you hide, and don't even have to travel to get you.

edit on 28-12-2022 by Peeple because: lol took a slightly dark turn though didn't it?

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Notes on the *

You get what that means right?
You have to make a choice what you are fighting for, that's your enlistment, you choose the best possible good resulting out of your actions.
Pro Choice, if that doesn't trigger you too much.
The Dark Side associate as it looks though always loses its mind in all the stories down to Jack Parsons and Crowley et alia diving into such.
The prize to pay. That got lost then a little how deeply unhappy the Dark Siders all were. They're torturing themselves in the end, don't they?

So who wants to save the world?
Report in

I'll go first aaaaaand

Ping

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   

The third is really nice, also gets its second run right now. I think it's the one 'that speaks to me'.

lots of people say Boz Scaggs tunes do that. he was part of the early days from high schools to the second Steve Miller album.
he wrote and was lead vocals on this tune.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Got to love the BBC really dig thier documentaries. I'm halfway through the documentary and it makes me want to read the complete book.

Generally though if true it shows the lengths our government and military will go to, almost making it seem nothing is off the table to be explored and weaponized. From the documentary, some of these guys get off in a department alone and come up with some wild #. FWIW the remote viewing is completely another paranormal experiment independent of staring at goats.

Unless this all is the military's version of a "snipe" hunt, or perhaps a diversion from what they are really fiddling with. Regardless it's an interesting topic to ponder and once I start pondering no telling where it will take.

In the words of professor Jim Stafford, you can take a trip and never leave the farm.

Side note I find it hilarious that all the goats were debleated. Earlier experiments led to one unfortunate soldier becoming this.

Here is part 3 where the remote viewing comes into play, it seems our military and government really aren't afraid of deeking around the human mind at all.

this definitely feels apropos...

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Just checked out that Paul McCartney and Steve Miller tune somebody posted..she would've enjoyed that.The Heavens are a broad reference with much to be imagined, who knows what the mechanics were behind what Christ ws implying, moms sermon was her thoughts on extra terrestrial life and why looking was a waste of time because Jesus had already given us all the disclosure we need.a reply to: Ophiuchus1

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Another one I think is inspired

'I can't stand it, I know you planned it
I'm gonna set it straight, this Watergate
I can't stand rocking when I'm in here
'Cause your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear
So while you sit back and wonder why
I got this #ing thorn in my side
Oh my God, it's a mirage
I'm tellin' y'all, it's a sabotage

So, so, so, so listen up 'cause you can't say nothin'
You'll shut me down with a push of your button?
But you, I'm out and I'm gone
I'll tell you now, I keep it on and on

'Cause what you see you might not get
And we can bet, so don't you get souped yet
You're scheming on a thing that's a mirage
I'm trying to tell you now, it's sabotage

Why

Our backs are now against the wall?
Listen all y'all, it's a sabotage

I can't stand it, I know you planned it
I'm gonna set it straight, this Watergate
Lord, I can't stand rockin' when I'm in this place
Because I feel disgrace because you're all in my face
But make no mistakes and switch up my channel
I'm Buddy Rich when I fly off the handle
What could it be? It's a mirage
You're scheming on a thing, that's sabotage'

One might almost say it's prophetic.

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 02:46 AM
link   
sticking to Stevie guitar miller.

one of my favs.

shubabado mama. peace out.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

top topics

join