It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Barry Year in Review: 2022 was the opposite of good. But it had some positives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Could have sworn I saw a thread about this by ATS's distinguish Hispanic bowman the Castilian fletcher and Spaniard toxophilite, but it seems to have disappeared into the ether. So we are about to find out if it was a self-imposed erasure or if we have caught a case of the cancel culture. Either way, it's gonna be entertaining

While Barry goes rather light on JB, He does start there rather effectively and bounces from each month touching on so much, that you realize a lot of stuff went down in 2022. Barry hits on them as only DB can. It would have really funny if we hadn't just lived it, but I swear some of the events seem like they happened 5 years ago.

Just a small excerpt and apologizes for all the links evidently it's what happens when you copy and paste, the Herald makes damn sure you know where the article came from and where you can read the rest of it.

If I wasn't such a huge fan of Barry's and the Miami Herald I don't think Id even post this, the tagging has become so ridiculous. I get it it's the Herald's and ultimately Dave Barry's intellectual property , but damn it's honestly a new invasive feature that old Dave Barry would have likely written a hilarious column about.

If this is the new thing I'll likely be sharing fewer articles here in the future

Dave Barry Year in Review: 2022 was the opposite of good. But it had some positives

Read more at: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

www.miamiherald.com...

The best thing we can say about 2022 is: It could have been worse. For example, we could have had nuclear Armageddon. This briefly appeared to be a possibility, at least according to the president, who broke the news in October at (Why not?) a Democratic Party fundraiser at the home of a wealthy donor in New York City. That must have been an exciting event! One moment everybody’s standing around chewing hors d’ oeuvres, and the next moment WHOA WHAT DID HE JUST SAY? The next day, after the news media ran a bunch of scary headlines, the White House Office of Explaining What the President Actually Meant explained that the president wasn’t suggesting that we were facing Armageddon per se, but was merely, as is his wont, emitting words, one of which happened to be “Armageddon,” and everybody should just calm down. So we dodged a bullet there.

Read more at: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   
BIDEN KILLED THE ALL AMERICAN HAPPINESS OF LIFE IN AMERICA BY DESTROYING THE AMERICAN FRABRIC OF NORMAL BEHAVIOR

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
BIDEN KILLED THE ALL AMERICAN HAPPINESS OF LIFE IN AMERICA BY DESTROYING THE AMERICAN FRABRIC OF NORMAL BEHAVIOR

Nah, only if you give them that kind of power and control over your emotions. Sure some stuff bothers me, but it doesn't stop me from finding humor in some situations.

Sure it's a blue liberal slant to it, but it also like Shane Gillis alluded to before Trump was President many of us including myself used to think he was kind of irritating, smarmy, and the atypical unpleasant New York businessman. Hell, I didn't like Trump from his USFL days. So regardless of how I feel about how he was as a President, I can still understand where those things are kind of hilarious.

Hell does anybody remember how the media danced around the tidbits of the Clinton Lewenski details, hell now those details would be splattered all over the news 24/7. Its a different world, it never remains the same it is always in flux. Adapt or die

It's all theater and sometimes it's hilarious even if it is ironically so. Besides I'm in a good mood, it's Christmas. When I grew up we made fun of all the Presidents and government officials FWIW. After I became a young adult I pretty much was so busy with my life that I didn't give a rat's arse what the people in Washington were doing regardless of party affiliation.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Nice to always see your kind comments on my post. Enjoy the presents under the Christmas Tree.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   
"The White House Office of Explaining What the President Actually Meant"

that line alone was worth the read

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Castilian fletcher and Spaniard toxophilite
a reply to: putnam6

You use a thesaurus for them there big and very cool words there? Me likey lol. The really funny thing is people take the nick seriously and think I'm from Spain and an archer and I'm neither. Just a bloke from Vegas who likes Deep Purple and the title of the song felt as good as any other nick.

Yeah, they trashed my post, probably because of the title which is weird as it's in the article that was printed around the country.

Whatever, I don't care, just as long as someone links it here. I may have to ditch this account and go with Spaniard Toxophilite though.

top topics

join