It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare workers quitting at an alarming rate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The Healthcare Industry Is Crumbling Due To Staffing Shortages
www.forbes.com...

In a study done earlier this year, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported “that more than 275,000 additional nurses are needed from 2020 to 2030. Employment opportunities for nurses are projected to grow at a faster rate (9%) than all other occupations from 2016 through 2026.”

Feds announce $346M to address worker shortages in health care
www.medicaleconomics.com...

"Many healthcare workers, nurses among them, have worked around the clock throughout the pandemic to care for those in need and save countless lives, often while risking their own health and well-being,” U.S. Secretary of Labor Marty Walsh said in a news release. “Today, they face diminished ranks of colleagues to help shoulder these burdens as patients continue to depend on them. The funding opportunity announced today will support training and other programs to help advance workforce equity while bringing more nurses into the industry.”

Pandemic spotlights shortages in U.S. health care workforce
southernmarylandchronicle.com...

Healthcare workers quit their jobs in large numbers during the COVID-19 pandemic, intensifying an existing worker shortage in healthcare professions like nursing. The overall healthcare workforce was down by 7.5 million workers in 2020, a 3.2% decrease from the previous year after growing steadily for the past decade.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   

On average, 57 nurses are assaulted every day in the U.S. That's two nurses attacked every hour, according to an analysis using data from 2022.

To some advocates for nurse safety, the persistence of violence against nurses is nothing new. "There's very few protections for nurses because it's a female-dominated profession," said Gerard Brogan, RN, director of nursing practice at National Nurses United. "But as we saw, as with a lot of stresses on the RN profession during the pandemic, it amplified everything."

www.asrn.org...

Do you blame them?

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Horrible timing, with America's baby-boomer population aging.
-plus-
The Covid vaccines are causing a greater need for medical care.
-plus-
Health Insurance is paying Hospitals/Doctors less $$$.
-equals-
A Trifecta of bad developments for Healthcare careers.

edit on 12/21/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   
They could’ve just spoke up and stopped all the nonsense but nope, instead they made choreographed dance videos for TikTok and said “Trust the science”. I don’t feel bad for them cause now a large percentage of the population doesn’t trust any medical professionals, if you can call them that anymore.

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Psychology also has an insanely high turnover rate and burnout comes fast these days.

Health care is a mess all the way around in this country.

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
They could’ve just spoke up and stopped all the nonsense but nope, instead they made choreographed dance videos for TikTok and said “Trust the science”. I don’t feel bad for them cause now a large percentage of the population doesn’t trust any medical professionals, if you can call them that anymore.

I think what you have here are the elements of a perfect storm.

A large percentage of the nurses, presently, are in or reaching retirement age. There are not enough younger nurses at this time to fill the gap that those retiring will make.

Nursing has fallen victim to the downfall of medicine to the business for profit industry. Us older nurses fought the good fight, but invasion of technology, and big businesses into a care industry, destroys the caring, and replaces it with a billable function industry. It is straight up about the money.

Younger nurses are being enticed into the field for money, or by ridiculous movies, TV shows, or internet influencers that are so far removed from reality that many don't make it past their 3rd month.

Healthcare in America has gone to the wolves. People be are right to not trust the medical industry.

Take a brief look at CMS, that wonderful government run group, and it won't take long to see what a Trojan horse that is.

Business, Government, and government controlled science, is interested in one thing, and your health or well being is not it.

This is one time we should listen and believe. They have told us and showed us that we are a disposable commodity. They have shown us repeatedly, that they don't give a damn about us. Believe them.

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

to think like an establishment bod.. consider

when the vulnerable die it saves on healthcare, welfare and pensions..

the last is important as we can already see the $80trillion pensions black hole that'll bring the heavens down on these idiots..
edit on 22-12-2022 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

not just the us, the uks nhs is just filled with bureaucratic bloat rather than front line staff paid a decent wage they create lots of invented roles that are akin to the 60s/70s job for the boys that weighted society down then, as it does now but then it was linked to the freemasons, now its to political activism but is identical to the corruption freemasonry created

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
No guts no Glory.

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

not just the us, the uks nhs is just filled with bureaucratic bloat rather than front line staff paid a decent wage they create lots of invented roles that are akin to the 60s/70s job for the boys that weighted society down then, as it does now but then it was linked to the freemasons, now its to political activism but is identical to the corruption freemasonry created

I guess it has always been thus.I guess this is why America was so popular in the past, and why so many desperate, and deceived people want to come here. We believed the illusion and thought America was different. The land of the free and the home of the brave. We had a good run there for a while, but the greed and the evil in our system has outpaced the good.

I used to ask myself what it must of felt like back in history were a happy and productive town or village had thrived for decades, to one day wake up to strangers on horses informing them that their homes and land belonged to the Emperor and he is demanding they give to Caesar what is Caesar's.

We have always had the haves and the have nots. Even the Bible states that the poor will always be among us.

I think I hear hoof beats in the distance.

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crackalackin
No guts no Glory.

Funny how people think they can physically fight their way out of this, when they can't do something as simple as just doing without. Cut off the blood supply to the system that is sucking us dry.

It is almost like they will fight if they believe their death will be quick, it seems they are willing to accept the risk of death by the control of the system, and are willing to suffer at the hands of the master, but they are not willing to willfully sacrifice, and willfully choose their own source of suffering.

We are an enigma.

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   

working for American corps for 3 decades it feels you've ended up where the British Empire did in the 1920s, specifically 1922/23 at the end of new liberalism. for the British that was the end of 100 years of liberal dominance. the sad part is its failing are replicated so it means then and now we all go down together..

I do find the 22/23 end point of liberalism as the dominant force quite interesting in terms of mirroring similar declines over 2 differing empires in 2 differing century's..

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Let's practice considering offering individuals who have found themselves in this position, some words of encouragement and moral support.

I wouldn't want to be in their position, and don't know where they are finding the strength. With everything going on and all the difficult challenges of the recent years, who would like to trade places with them?

I called it earlier on, when others were feeling disappointment about what how some of the health care professionals were being overwhelmed or questioning their decisions. The darkness would love nothing more than to play both sides against the middle and have our differences tear us apart!

We all need to focus on practising loving each other more than ever if we are going to get past these difficult lessons sooner rather than later.

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

i wanted to pick up on the last point..

used to ask myself what it must of felt like back in history were a happy and productive town or village had thrived for decades, to one day wake up to strangers on horses informing them that their homes and land belonged to the Emperor and he is demanding they give to Caesar what is Caesar's.

We have always had the haves and the have nots. Even the Bible states that the poor will always be among us.

I think I hear hoof beats in the distance.

many here will talk f the USA as Rome or Babylon but ignore the true natural evolution and conclusion it brings, that the British empire was the 5th monarchy and like Babylon was the tail end of the first monarchy the USA is the tail end of the 5th monarchy..

5th monarchism hold Millennialism views that these are the end days..

the irony of the prince of wales going for Charlie III are the links between the carolean ages and the 5th monarchiasts.. its why the POW would be a king George rather than another Charlie iii, the other Charlie iii was the last Stuart..

so your hoofbeats might not be far off the mark..

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
Psychology also has an insanely high turnover rate and burnout comes fast these days.

Health care is a mess all the way around in this country.

I have been in the medical field about 50 years. It was not my first career choice, but I needed it to support me with my first career choice. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I fell in love with nursing, because I loved being there for my patients. I was a Mamma bear from almost day one.

In the beginning, it was wonderful. This was before insurance companies and the government took control of the industry. Nurses became a necessary inconvenience and they were treated with the least regard. The best thing that happened with the lock downs for nurses was that those that had given their lives to the field woke up and realized their worth. They either demanded better pay, better and safer nurse patient ratios, or they just took their IRA accounts and applied for Social Security.

Healthcare providers have too many master's so it will continue to fail until it goes back to a nonprofit industry that is "expected" to run in the red. It was a such better industry when money was no the deciding factor for care.

new topics

top topics

join