It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask the Experts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 03:42 PM
link   
In these uncertain times, let’s help each other out.

Name your speciality and what you are an expert in, and users can ask you questions.
Who knows we might actually help someone survive by teaching them something new.
I’ll go first.

I’m an expert gardener. I can grow almost anything without even trying. I have brought plants that people said were dead back to life and can grow almost anything from seed or propagation, even really stubborn ones.

I also have worked and have intensive hobbies in textiles. Sewing, quilting, the actual makeup of fabrics. Hand sewing techniques.

ASK away!
edit on 20-12-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I like this idea. Falls in line with my thread a while back:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your skills are incredibly useful! Especially, in the times ahead!

If I were to nail it down to my most dominant skill: Operations Management. Give me the problem and all the pertinent data. I will figure out the best solution, and delegate accordingly. Additionally, when encountered with an incredibly difficult, high stress situation, I have an internal reactionary mechanism, that instantly kicks into mode. It’s like adrenaline x 10 with 100% clarity and instantaneous reaction. I’ve had many lifetimes as a warrior/ general in combat. For some reason, I feel like I’ll be using that experience again in this life.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I’m also very highly skilled at cooking from scratch scratch.
When I say that I mean from raw ingredients.

Ie:
Corn grown and dried and then pluck the kernels and grind them into cornmeal, or grind finer into corn flour.

Grinding rice down to rice flour.

Processing potatoes into potato flour.

Growing sesame seed plants and picking the seeds and using an expeller to create oil.

Grinding and processing soybeans to turn it into tofu

A lot of people (especially in the US) really don’t know where food comes from.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I am a retired semiconductor process engineer.

I used Scanning Electron Microscopes and vacuum processes.

I am now a full time potter. I make pots and sculpture.

Ask away

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Filmmaker/producer/SAG/AFTRA/IATSE
Digital moving images and sound...

Want to get your message out? Have a story to tell? We can do it...

edit on 20-12-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I don't think I could call myself an expert but I've had many careers and passions that got me quite informed on subjects.

Gardening for the most part with an interest in common nursery plants that are also edible in times of survival. Raising small livestock and all that entails. I can tan fur and do some silversmithing. I can weld and teach bellydance. Very handy with sewing and other crafts though not expert level by any means.

I'd like to gain skill in identifying types of rocks and canning/preserving food. It's something that's always eluded me. Maybe hard to learn from books.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
IATSE.

Audio engineer and lighting, and Stage manager.

I can also fix anything electro-mechanical.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Me and KKLOCO do have the same set of skills but I would say that my skill is writing down the business process and procedure to hand to day-to-day Operation Manager. It is specifically called, ITIL, and is applied to all business processes instead of just IT (where it originated).

In order to do this work, you need to know the silly terms, and have several years of experience (you can’t pick up a book for Dummies and learn it over the weekend). I have 13+ years of experience working with this stuff across various IT services. I have the v3 certification and am ready to sit for the v4 test. Bunch of new terminology and ideas but after working with this for so long it is stuff I already know how to do (just wouldn’t call it something that seems to define the very term you are using! But that is my struggle with ITIL, not a huge concern).

I write bad poetry (occasionally a good few lines or ideas pop out), play guitar (all styles), and can brew beer (and probably wine)…

So, I guess, IT Service Management nerd and drunk poet!!

Go ahead! Ask me anything! From abstract IT service SLAs to how to play an Eric Johnson song… if I don’t know off the top of my head then I have a crap load of reference materials!!

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Jack of all trades, but master of none LOL

It happens if you own and run a small business in a niche market, the failure rate in the individual manufacturing, wholesale and retail groups is extremely high. So many aspects you had better be proficient in or you will get swallowed up.

The high-profile white-collar parts like marketing, trade shows, and photo shoots to the distinct blue-collar aspects you had better know as well from the blueprint to frame construction drywall to painting and basic lighting, inventory setup, shipping, and billing. etc

When you grow up in a family business most of this is done as second nature.

Dad used to have a list of all the "hats' an independent contractor has to wear, it's dozens. It's even more if you have to travel constantly.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Public health, environmental science, and finance.

None of which were obtained from pharmaceutical promoters, the church of The Science, authoritarian politcians, green energy profiteers, intelligence agency psychological operations, the Fed, or sponsored corporate media.

Naturally my statements have been thoroughly pre-bunked by the infallible and altruistic fact-checkers. All done courtesy of benevolent foreign billionaires and unelected officials known for their honesty and deep commitment to accountability.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Founder and CEO of an electrical/ mechanical/ general contractor service. General electrical, generators, solar, ect. As hobbies, I’m a master scuba diver, commercial boat Captian, privet pilot var only, light weapons expert. I can fly, sail, or drive nearly anything. If it has hair I can probably ride it, if it has a beat I can dance to it.

I’m a man with some unusual skills.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Great idea Jag.

I’ve built a career on being exceptional at business development ie; cold outreach to identify and onboard new customers in a business to business sales environment.

I now work in banking but can not give financial advice (I put together business loan and credit applications and manage a portfolio of business customers within a certain amount of lending under management).

Outside of that I am a novice; fisherman, deer hunter and amateur fire wood cutter.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
By trade I am an IT professional, mainly programming, databases and business intelligence. But what I’m really good at is making beer. I can pretty much brew just about anything, I want to get into distilling. I haven’t been able to brew too much as of late due to having a five month old. Several years ago my buddies and I were doing yearly trips where we would travel around the entire state of Michigan to see how many breweries we could hit in a four day period. Ya, I love beer.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Mortgages, finance, real estate...

However, my wife says I am a know it all.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   
small arms and anti materiel rifles
[redacted]
plumbing
electrical
[redacted]
[redacted]
boilers
contracting
memetic warfare
[redacted]
sfx
flower arrangement

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

But what I’m really good at is making beer. I can pretty much brew just about anything, I want to get into distilling. I haven’t been able to brew too much as of late due to having a five month old.

Brewing is actually a very important skill that would have high bartering value.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

But what I’m really good at is making beer. I can pretty much brew just about anything, I want to get into distilling. I haven’t been able to brew too much as of late due to having a five month old.

Brewing is actually a very important skill that would have high bartering value.

It’s funny you say that because up until 2020 I never gave that a much of a thought. That was then…

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

flower arrangement

I’ll add to that..
Poisonous plant identification.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I dont need answers because I am not asking anything. If I have a life problem I sure as hell wont be trying to find it on the internet.

That is one of the stupidest things I ever heard, had to make sure I made it a point to say that.

edit on 20-12-2022 by SeriouslyDeep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join