It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awaken The World Films Presents Samadhi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Has anyone had any experience with "Samadhi", which is a sanksrit word which can mean "complete absorption". That makes me think of the word Ecstacy and how it can mean to be "outside" oneself. Which then makes me think of "Maha Mudra" which can mean orgasm with the Universe.

There are stages of Samadhi. In my understanding, none can be attained until the foundation of the human being is in order (integrity, right livelihood, detoxified mind/body).

Integrating one's traumas through efficacious shadow working is an essential element to having the appropriate foundation for Spirit activation.

WAY too many peoples of old have spoken to these higher capacities of the human being for me to discount them. This coupled with a few experiences I've had make me know there is indeed a path of inward and upward. A vertical path of Soul Development in contrast to a horizontal path of materialism - aka the path ''down and out''.

It was important for me to hear this particular individuals (the creator of these movies) suggestion of that in no way shape or form should we become ''mediating pacifists''. In fact, the contrary is true. However one cannot neglect the higher capacities of oneself if one is to fulfill one's higher functioning as expressions of consciousness in this ever unfolding Universe of Thought.

This is a three part documentary. Also offered are a series of guided meditations which can serve to catalyze a meditation/breath practice.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   
"higher capacities of the human being for me to discount them"

But therein lies a trap. If the egoic mind chases higher capacities then the higher capacities will be suppressed by the limitations of the egoic mind. Knowledge of 144,000 is hidden in symbolism for that reason. Only way forward seems that of Bodhicitta. The pure desire to achieve the 144,000 for the sole purpose of benefiting others. To sacrifice oneself for the whole. In Christian terms, loving everyone as Jesus has loved you. Is again sacrificing oneself for the whole as he had done.

The founder of Awaken the World films, Daniel Schmidt was raised a catholic and in his own words, come full circle now following the likes of John the Cross and other highly spiritual followers of Jesus. Yet he believes that the one perennial truth exists in all religions. I believe that be true as well.

FYI ... Many have tasted samadhi to experience the absolute truth but sustaining oneself in samadhi is a different kettle of fish. It is not something to attain. Its preparing oneself so those waters can flow into our consciousness.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: livinglight108

I have watched the first of this series. The voice though is quite similar with another spiritual teacher, Shunyamurti. His teachings are beautiful though still limited within the undertakings of psychology and the buddhist teachings, I guess.

Samadhi as "complete absorption" you say? How is that "absorption" done so?

I thought samadhi is just like the result of "enlightenment." Never have thought that there is indeed this "complete absorption" as its another definition.

Why would you ask people here in ATS about this then?

new topics

join