It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on pyramids and the Great Flood

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It is a fascinating theory that deserves looking into dude

Highly recommended to Dandan.

a reply to: XipeTotex

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Dude. That rocks. What do you think of the theory that it was used in initiation rituals?

The pyramid being a representation of the celestial pillar, spoke of the world, the missing benben stone being the ceasing of the central sun and the amazing acoustics reinforcing the dramatic ceremonies.

Plausible, possible or improbable?

a reply to: Hiram33

Backed up by the proven celestial layout of pyramids and temples on the landscapes of the earth. Could you recommend an avenue of research for perusal? I’d love to read your thoughts.

edit on 23-11-2022 by Dalamax because: Eta

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax
I very much believe that .... Here is why .... After being In the great pyramid.... Later that night I went to bed .. I laid down...instead of going to bed ... I was concious lucid ....aware of my body......'___' released in my brain and I went into other dimensions..... Some beings there told me that we must reclaim our dreamspace that too has been hijacked just like our day to day reality..... I came back into my body ...and was like this is maddd I am going back .. did that about 5 or 6 times...travelling to amazing realms that were so colourful......

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Imagine what initiates under the guidance of priests could do a with this ....
I have been all over the ancient world.....many times over.... Egypt ..Angkor watt.. pyramids and temples in Mexico...Peru.....Bolivia tiwanaku and pumu punku...Easter island.... Stone henge and all sorts of other amazing places.... It's one thing to see it on a documentary it is another to feel it the energy of these places..... And to see it with one's own eyes ...speaks to the power of who ancient man was....

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   
In Australian tradition the dream time is in the moment and is as relevant today as it ever was.

Dreamtime. Such a welcome release.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I remember reading a theory that suggested that christs capital crime was leaving Egypt after initiation whilst still covered in the ritual spells.

Then spreading that knowledge and how to acquire it to the people.

The creation is a miracle and a wonder dude.

edit on 23-11-2022 by Dalamax because: Eta

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I am Aussie .. I was initiated by uncle Bob Randal in the dessert into the medicine wheel... I have a lot of respect for their wisdom keepers

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Interesting 🤔.... The story of Jesus ....you know there is a lot of missing time in his story..... Be was in some mystery schools for that period would make sense

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The answer is simple.

Thousands of years ago, a space creature conquered mankind's early civilizations and was worshipped as a God.

It forced humans to build pyramids around the world to act as localized doorways so it could instantly travel to Egypt, Mexico, etc.

After many human experiments, some genetic, mankind rebelled against the creature and destroyed these doors in order to trap it in one location. That location being Atlantis.

Before being killed by the Atlanteans, the creature being a sore loser yelled, "That's it! You're all getting wet!" and pulled it's trump card like the Predator.

Earth got flooded and the different civilizations around the world told their own versions of the tale.

Some humans were loyal to the alien after it's demise and created cults which infiltrated their societies years later and rebuilt these temples in an effort to pay homage/resurrect the forgotten space God.
edit on 23-11-2022 by CloneFarm1000 because: It's name was Squerch.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000
The answer is simple.

Thousands of years ago, a space creature conquered mankind's early civilizations and was worshipped as a God.

It forced humans to build pyramids around the world to act as localized doorways so it could instantly travel to Egypt, Mexico, etc.

After many human experiments, some genetic, mankind rebelled against the creature and destroyed these doors in order to trap it in one location. That location being Atlantis.

Before being killed by the Atlanteans, the creature being a sore loser yelled, "That's it! You're all getting wet!" and pulled it's trump card like the Predator.

Earth got flooded and the different civilizations around the world told their own versions of the tale.

Some humans were loyal to the alien after it's demise and created cults which infiltrated their societies years later and rebuilt these temples in an effort to pay homage/resurrect the forgotten space God.

Excellent satire!

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
We often wonder, why did so many different cultures all around
the world build such monumental pyramid structures and why
does their purpose seem so enigmatic?

Keep in mind that back then,
there was no gaming, t.v., internet . . .
Out of boredom comes creativity

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

That's true plus people like to have a purpose in their life. But there are other ways of living a life that could make our material outlook a very narrow possibility of what could be achieved. Take the drug Kurari it instantly paralyzes prey it is just a slight wash on the end of a blow dart. How does that get into the hands of supposedly simple natives< when asked where it came from, it was given to them by forest entities. So is there another way besides going to University to get the knowledge that we haven't got the slightest concept of?

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179
I don't have any problems examining all theories. So...
An immediate thought came to mind. If pyramids were meant to be an escape from a flood, wouldn't they of made the tops flat instead at a point? Also the tunnels and all that were built underneath, and often times going even deeper into the ground. These tunnels would have filled, and you would have a flooded pyramid, with no comfortable surface to climb to as the water rose.

Just my first thought on it.

Valid thoughts, I would expect the design to include some flat top if it were primarily to escape floods, but then again I've seen a few large pyramids which do have flat tops. I sort of suspect the purpose was to act more like a bunker which is why they have larger inner chambers. Looking back at the structures inside the Great Pyramid, we see there are multiple shafts stretching out from the inner chambers and going upwards at a sharp angle until they exit the pyramid. It would seem these are some sort of air shafts and they wanted the exits to be located at a high location on the pyramid.

We also see there is quite a large shaft connected to the Kings Chamber but it's going down and connects to a thinner shaft which extends under the ground and connects to a subterranean chamber. That tells me those shafts may have acted as a safety guard to funnel water down to an underground chamber in case it did manage to enter through the high air shafts. Another thing we need to keep in mind is that some of these pyramids went unfinished and some were built upon by multiple cultures. So some of the inner structures we see in the pyramids might not correlate with the original reason the pyramid was built.
edit on 24/11/2022 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder
Go to Egypt ... Look at the pyramids.... Go inside it. Then tell me if you think It is to escape floods... The maths ..the geometry ..the perfection of how it is made... The acoustic resonance.. escape floods 😂

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
Wow some interesting speculations in all those. Most however are incorrect.

Pyramids were built starting from around around 2675 BCE to the Aztec ones in around 1500 AD so widely dispersed in time and geology and built for different reasons, tombs and foundations for temples (the ones that have stairs up them).

If you haven't watched GH's new show on Netflix I highly suggest you watch the first few episodes. He provides extremely compelling evidence from experts in the field showing that many of these large scale pyramids were being constructed as long as 15 thousand years ago. Which is right at the period in time when the Earth was rapidly warming and large land masses were being submerged.

Last Glacial Maximum- a time, around 20,000 years ago, when much of the Earth was covered in ice. The average global temperature may have been as much as 10 degrees Celsius colder than that of today. The Earth has a long history of cycles between warming and cooling. Currently we are in an interglacial period where warming has occurred for about 15,000 years.

Link to chart showing Ice Age Data

There was a rise in the oceans but it was slow. People could have easily moved further in land - instead of oddly leaving and going elsewhere but then the idea they formed other civilizations would mean they sailed around for a few thousand years before doing so in many cases. Folks would have just moved inland. Remember most people don't build right on the edge of the sea. The volume of the ocean is immense the amount of water in the ice was a tiny percentage of that and it took thousands of years to melt.

Yes it would have been a relatively slow rise in sea levels, but over time it would have swallowed entire countries and impacted huge populations. In the grand scheme of things, a few thousands years isn't very long for a considerably large percentage of Earths land mass to disappear and it would have freaked people out. Yes, people could have simply walked to higher grounds, but I'm betting many of them eventually got surrounded by oceans until they had no other option but to sail away. Plus they probably had no idea when oceans would stop rising or if they ever would stop.

Also, if melting ice really has such a small impact on rising sea levels why are our governments so worried about it? I constantly see news reports and petitions claiming there are already many places around the world being impacted by rising sea levels which is primarily the result of human activity. Of course I don't really buy into those reports because I've lived on the coast most of my life and nothing has changed. The land masses usually affected are smaller land masses with quickly changing shorelines, they aren't being submerged by rising sea levels otherwise we'd see the same thing all over the world.

But it's a nice tear jerking talking point for the climate fanatics so they often use it. Nevertheless, the amount of ice which would have been unfrozen over the last 15 to 20 thousand years is massive, and would have impacted every land mass on Earth. Within a period of 5 to 10 thousand years, entire countries were swallowed by rising sea levels, and it clearly had a big impact on them. I don't think scientists really dispute the fact this would have occurred, so the idea of a Great Flood is certainly not a far reaching theory.

'Bunkers', they would suck at that. The pyramids in Giza are lower than nearly hills in the area of Cairo (also known as the Mukattam Mountain or Hills). Why not just use those instead of spending vast resources to make artificial ones - that can hold few people.

Well quite a few large pyramids are built on mountains, as I said it would be very interesting to know what percentage are built in high places. There does seem to be something a bit different about the Giza pyramids compared to other massive pyramids around the world. One thing I did notice is that the Giza pyramids seem to be located near the center of a rather flat area. They are also located exactly at the point where the Nile river starts to open up into the Mediterranean Sea, so it seems the Giza pyramids were built in a flood plain, maybe to protect the nearby population dependent on the Nile. The inner chambers may not be as big as expected, but it seems to me they were striving for structural integrity, and making the chambers too big might compromise that, or maybe they were only intended to save the elite.
edit on 24/11/2022 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hiram33
I am Aussie .. I was initiated by uncle Bob Randal in the dessert into the medicine wheel... I have a lot of respect for their wisdom keepers

How thoughtless of me, my apologies. Preaching to the choir.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It’s a theory that always struck me as plausible.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
It seems Hancock's shows has really upset some people... baffles me how some people can be so afraid of alternative theories.

Nobody is afraid of alternate hypotheses (Hancock has no "theory.")
Some people know enough information about the past to plainly see Hancock is just inventing BS.
Evidently, you are not one of those people. That's unfortunate for you.
The problem is the BS. See, what he describes didn't happen.
That's the problem.

Harte

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte
What exactly do we really know about the distant past ? History is written by the victors to suit the narrative..... And some just go with whatever the mainstream tells them is truth .... I am open to finding out I have no set view on what that looks like....truth is none of us knows what the truth is..
And here you are pretending that you do know

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

I would counter your comment about mostly flood around rivers.

There has been speculation that when the med was created due to the atlantic ocean breaking through the straights of Gibraltar, it effectively created the "great flood" story.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join