It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Capture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   
So I just finished Season 2 of "The Capture". One of the most gratifying season enders I've watched in quite some time.

If you haven't seen season 1, it centers around a police detective who is investigating a murder which involved a government(s) deep fake program aimed at providing legal evidence against known terrorists - in the absence of evidence by utilizing realtime deep-fake technology. She's read in on the details and joins a task force who controls this tech in the UK.

The new series expands on the story, along with the role data-mining analytics companies could use predictive behavior algorithms to influence governments.

Anyone thats watched any of the current Star wars movies can see that deep-fake tech is becoming better and easier even at iMax resolutions, to the point that even the average joe soap at home can make a convincing deep-fake video on their own computer. The alphabet agencies have access to probably more advanced tech than even the TV show portrays, and considering the resolution of most CCTV systems it's hardly a leap to believe doctored footage has not been widely in use for years. Combine Meta's realtime virtualization combined with image maps of alternative persons and you have yourself a convincing, live deep-fake.

All in all a highly eye opening show from a major broadcasting network (BBC) thats easy enough to follow for the not-so-tech inclined, and kind reminder not to believe everything you see or hear via any media outlet if you already understand the implications of where this kind of technology is leading.

edit on 21-11-2022 by TheResidentAlien because: video links

edit on 21-11-2022 by TheResidentAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheResidentAlien

I have seen a couple of episodes, this is a great show. It’s pretty impressive the deep fake tech.

Though the alphabet agencies would have superior programs that it would be hard to tell fake from real.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Loved both series!
Very spooky when watched with your tin foil hat on!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Reminds me of the dictum that anything goes as long as they forewarn us

"But, but, we even made a TV series about us doing this!"

Cheers

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2
Yup!