It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bezos tells people not to buy big ticket items

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Here

Why did Bezos offer the tip for consumers and small business to go easy on big-ticket items? He provided one big reason. “If we’re not in a recession right now, we’re likely to be in one very soon,” he said in the interview, picking up on a cautionary tweet last month that “the probabilities in this economy tell you to batten down the hatches.”

Something is fishy as heck. Why would a billionaire care? He doesn’t unless it benefits him.

So how would it benefit him?
Either there is going to be a massive recession and people won’t have money for anything.
Money will go digital
Will Amazon start selling big ticket items? Cars?

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Remember before I told you when they zig, you zag.

I have a feeling if you need a big ticket item, now might be the time to buy it…

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It is a strange one for sure.

One thought is that he doesn't sell cars, and not many Big Screens.
So he wants people to spend more on his little items.

Another thought is he runs the Washington Post.

Lots of dots to connect.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I only buy a big ticket item as I need it and can prep for it. So if I'm needing one now, it gets bought now.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:01 PM
link   
With how the economy is going, I think I would be cautious about buying things you don't really need right now, especially if you are going to increase your credit card or loan balances or increase your car insurance premiums by buying a new car.

People's credit card rates go up when the feds rate goes up, people are going to get themselves deep in debt if these interest rates keep rising. There will be lots of bankruptcies which will really hurt our economy if people keep spending more than they can afford.

Bankruptcies do not work like they used to, most times it does not wipe out debt, the companies can put leans on youre house in the future. People should be aware that that was changed years back.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I see the possibility of everyone doing their regular holiday shopping as the final break in the recessionary dam. I do not mean just gifts. Food, beverages and all of the other consumerism of the holidays, too.
edit on 17 11 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Last month I had a tire blow out, when I went to have it replaced, instead of buying two, I went ahead and bought all four. I didn't want to spend that much money, but with all the shortages going on, I decided it was better to not to have to worry about them later on. Plus I went ahead and paid off my car, it's time to batten down the hatches.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Here

Why did Bezos offer the tip for consumers and small business to go easy on big-ticket items? He provided one big reason. “If we’re not in a recession right now, we’re likely to be in one very soon,” he said in the interview, picking up on a cautionary tweet last month that “the probabilities in this economy tell you to batten down the hatches.”

Something is fishy as heck. Why would a billionaire care? He doesn’t unless it benefits him.

So how would it benefit him?
Either there is going to be a massive recession and people won’t have money for anything.
Money will go digital
Will Amazon start selling big ticket items? Cars?

- bad corpo, why didn't you tell us what will happen!
- i did, you just didn't believe me...
- REEEEEE

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:08 AM
link   

With the economy, and the left tearing down the house right now. I am already in survival mode. I keep watching the elections and the house election map. I still only see we have made it to 118 without any further movement. That worries me. The republicans make all of these plans about investigations, and then the massive fraud kicks in and they say "oh, by the way a few of those house seats actually belong to us. You lose again, because we have cheated our way to your destruction".

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: StarsInDust

With the economy, and the left tearing down the house right now. I am already in survival mode. I keep watching the elections and the house election map. I still only see we have made it to 118 without any further movement. That worries me. The republicans make all of these plans about investigations, and then the massive fraud kicks in and they say "oh, by the way a few of those house seats actually belong to us. You lose again, because we have cheated our way to your destruction".

The takeover of the House by Republicans has already been confirmed. 218 was the magic number, and they have it.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I need a new tractor, I believe he’s correct. I’m going to push it out another year, just damn nervous right now. Ugh, always something.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chuckles55
Last month I had a tire blow out, when I went to have it replaced, instead of buying two, I went ahead and bought all four. I didn't want to spend that much money, but with all the shortages going on, I decided it was better to not to have to worry about them later on. Plus I went ahead and paid off my car, it's time to batten down the hatches.

I had a two tires damaged from a nasty pothole, friggin state is too poor to fix roads, anyways. What would have been $300 bucks a couple years ago cost me over $600!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   

His timing is precious.

Because with Christmas approaching next mouth i imagine its the time of the year when a lot of people will indeed decide to purchase some rather "big ticket items".

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I only buy a big ticket item as I need it and can prep for it. So if I'm needing one now, it gets bought now.

This is such a valid point. Unless it’s a luxury item, most people buy a big ticket item when one breaks down.

For instance a car, a fridge, a stove, or in our case a water heater.

It’s not something that can necessarily wait either.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Combi boilers/boiler replacements can indeed set you back an arm and a leg.

Been there and got that tee-shirt.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Combi boilers/boiler replacements can indeed set you back an arm and a leg.

Been there and got that tee-shirt.

Yep, just got one replaced almost 3K with installation.
Ours was over 16yrs old so can’t complain too much.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
not sure but there was always going to be a price to be paid for 14 years of can kicking and printing adding covid costs to it, thats a steep bill about to be repaid..

that some countries are starting to consider repaying it (looking at the uk) it won't be long before all are in tat same boat.. and no one will want to be in gov when that bill is die.

its why we have needed inspirational and aspirational leadership since 2008/9 not the mediocre we have.
edit on 18-11-2022 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

am looking at going for an lng boiler next year to free me from total reliance on gov supplies next winter I would go multifuel but they cost a real fortune and only for the rich who'll always be warm..

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw
not sure but there was always going to be a price to be paid for 14 years of can kicking and printing adding covid costs to it, thats a steep bill about to be repaid..

that some countries are starting to consider repaying it (looking at the uk) it won't be long before all are in tat same boat.. and no one will want to be in gov when that bill is die.

its why we have needed inspirational and aspirational leadership since 2008/9 not the mediocre we have.

I think some of us have known it’s coming.
I’m not saying it’s going to be like the Great Depression, or 2008. It will be it’s own thing and probably very painful for a lot of families.

What I’ve been focused on the last few years. Reading and studying how people lived without modern conveniences. Buying with longevity in mind. Buying high quality items is very expensive. Real materials like wool, alpaca, silk, organic cotton, real 100% linen is much more expensive but will outlast plastic clothing.
Buying “toys”, I call them my toys, but what they are really things like rocket stoves, fire starters, tools, etc.

I consider myself a pretty artistic and crafty person, but there is alway something new to learn. I’ve learned to cut hair pretty well. I’ve learned more about foraging. I’ve leaned more about propagation and what works fastest vs. easiest.
I pray it’ll be enough.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

am looking at going for an lng boiler next year to free me from total reliance on gov supplies next winter I would go multifuel but they cost a real fortune and only for the rich who'll always be warm..

If worst comes to worst there are two easy ways to heat water,
Using the sun in a dark container (of course during the warmer months) or good ol’ fashioned fire.
Although it’s not convenient, there are still a lot of people on earth that use this method for all cooking and bathing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join