It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Witcher" is getting an Unreal Engine 5 Remake !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Big fan of The Witcher 2 and 3 but never played the first Witcher game so CDP's announcement that they are remaking The Witcher from the ground up in Unreal 5 is welcome news indeed , development is still in the early stages so it will be a few years until the game is ready but for fans of the trilogy missing that vital piece ... the beginning , can now right that wrong without having to endure the jank of the 2007 original.

Has to be said I thought Witcher 2s story was better than Witcher 3 so looking forward to experiencing the origin of Geralt of rivia and hopefully the characters from Witcher 2 that were missing in Witcher 3.

We're thrilled to reveal that, together with @Fools_Theory, we're working on remaking The Witcher using Unreal Engine 5 (codename: Canis Majoris)!

We want to do this right, so please be patient — it's gonna be a while until we can share more details.
twitter.com...

Time to mix up a few Blizzard potions and dust off my Griffin armor in preparation.

edit on 29-10-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I really hope they finally get a handle on controller layouts. I've tried to play the Witcher 3 and have played Cyberpunk 2077; they both feel terribly dated in their controls and gameplay mechanics. The characters and stories are amazing, and the graphics look fantastic, but the gameplay is hard to look past.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Still waiting for the PS5 update for the Witcher 3. Honestly I'd prefer they made a new game, not redo an old one

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Interesting, the old Witcher has some fantastic mods for it but is very dated (I have it but never played it all the way through being more an elder scroll fan), a remake would be likely to be a hit if they learn from the later Witcher games.

Found cyberpunk which I just replayed again with mods to be a great world, but it is not as good as the Witcher world, not as large and not as complex though cruising the neon streets in the rain on a Kusanagi can't really be beaten even though GTA did it all before and some would argue better.

Were that latter game let me down was its claim to be an RPG when in fact it is pretty much an on the rails experience with a set main questline, but it still hinted at what the game could have been at times such as the detective mission for your friendly barman tracking his wife with Keanu Reeves ghost doing a noir voice over, I would have loved another completely separate story line playing a detective in the game, bugging apartments, working as a freelance for foreign spy agency's often against one another so you could have two quests overlapping and odd jobs for fixers,. It could also have done with more interiors; more interesting NPC's and all those vendors should have been interactive with some variation on price and quality and some pawn shops and seedy dealers like the BD dealer thrown into the mix to give it more life.

Sadly, Cyberpunk is still an unfinished promise that never realized it's true potential, some great ideas, some really great graphics and much of what is left can be fixed with mods, but it is still buggy with cars spawning on top of one another and sometimes exploding as you drive past them for no apparent reason and people spawning in a T pose on roads at times even after all the supposed fixes.

I hope they learn from this and the Witcher remake which is almost definite to be a mega hit will be done right but it sounds like me they are just looking to capitalize on a cash cow after all the bad press they got from the broken promise that Cyberpunk really was.
(More NPC's, proper interaction with NPCs on the streets and make those traders usable instead of street furniture and a ton more quests for on the street detectives and petty criminal players would go down really well, some mod authors are trying to fix it but the level of fix it really needs is massive, still a great game but not a brilliant one, I want more gumshoe style detective quests and some more spy related quests in the game as well and something from behind the black wall, perhaps it's the digital ghost of bartmoss or perhaps a rogue AI that really infected you and later Johnnys chip when you connected to sandra dawcette, but either way that need's expanding on, Johnny's chip - reminds me of bagman, gunner and helm from rogue trooper - may have saved your character from more than a scared fat fixers betrayal,. Add a full gang line quest tree as well with a choice of all the main gang's and bring back the Sewer levels and the cyber vampires.)

edit on 29-10-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I got very excited when I read The Witcher and thought of Henry Cavill & the series.
If there was ever a role for him that would be the one, HAVE MERCY..

Sorry don’t know anything about the game! 🤣

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   

It deserves an upgrade.

Was a great game but those graphics and some of the voice editing was hilarious.

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Played 2+3 on the xbox platform, played 3 before 2 and then used the fantastic backwards compatibility, look forward to playing the first entry in glorious HD and of course bug free
CDPR certainly need to stick the landing after the debacle that was CP2077

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Big fan of The Witcher 2 and 3 but never played the first Witcher

The original was great. A Little dated now , but still in the field of "great" .
Get it.
I myself cannot wait for a UE remake .

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Unreal 5 is a game changer. It's been two years now and will take another 6 months to a year for the first wave of AAA games to appear for the most part, but from what I've seen, it's going to be pretty great.

There are so many great games they could just remake and I'd be happy. Fallout(s) alone would please a few million people including me.

new topics

top topics

join