It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google is Listening

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Uber Eats for Dogs spamming my websites

I love my dogs, and they eat well.

They love their chicken wings, lamb chops, mince and bacon bones. I live alone with my three dogs and talk to them all the time.

Yesterday I started yelling at them because they turned their noses up at some very expensive, top quality dog food that I purchased for them.

They looked on curiously as I put their new food into 3 separate bowls, then one by one wandered over to smell what I had served up.

Well "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR", all 3 of them gave me a look of utter disgust and turned their backs on me to go outside, that's when I started yelling at them.

Google must have been listening in when I yelled at them that there was no more "Human Food" and they would have to eat "Dog Food" because supermarket prices on everything is going through the roof.

This morning when I visited my usual sites I was greeted with this advert on several of them.

Real, nutritious meals for dogs
We believe mindful food choices will help our dogs stay healthier for longer. That’s why we use clean, fresh, human-quality ingredients, and cook slow-and-low for maximum nutrition. It’s also why our breakfasts and dinners are made different. All our recipes are informed by science to address the unique health needs of dogs living modern lifestyles.

Notice the "Human Quality Ingredients" in the sales pitch?

I have never googled anything pet related before and I have never had any pet related products come up on my algorithms.

Google listened in on my rant and selected a product based on "Key Words" and flooded my usual websites with this product placement.

Has this happened to you?

This is creepy, you must be careful about what you say in the privacy of your own home

edit on 26-10-2022 by PureBlood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This has been the case for years and I'm sure that everyone here with an android smartphone has experienced something similar.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PureBlood

It gets real creepy when you don’t speak it or search it. All you do is think it and the ad pops up. Happened to me multiple times. Jagstorm wrote a thread about this same topic while back I think.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

That happened to my sister and when she told me I thought she was losing it.

I'll have to take a look at that thread from Jagstorm, this is new to me and very frightening.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Happen to me last week.

Wife and I were talking about "mouse jigglers" which are programs and devices that make it look like your mouse is active to fool corporate workplace monitoring programs. I've NEVER googled, searched, or done anything in anyway to indicate that I am interested in a mouse jiggler. In fact, the first I ever heard of it was this conversation with my wife.

Less than 24 hours later, I start seeing mouse jiggler ads popping up in my Facebook feed.

They are absolutely monitoring conversations and looking for keywords to customize advertisements.
edit on 26-10-2022 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Google must have been listening in when I yelled at them

What device was Google listening in on?

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

Google must have been listening in when I yelled at them

What device was Google listening in on?

My laptop was close and online, my phone was in my bedroom with the door closed.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   

It would make more sense if it were your phone - Google Assistant.

Do you use Chrome or Google on your laptop?

Any Alexa devices listening in your home?

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Worth a shot

How to Stop Google From Listening to You Constantly

How Google Is Listening to You
If it surprises you that Google is always listening to you, Google offers acceptable reasons for keeping the microphone on your mobile device open.

The OK Google feature on your phone needs to recognize the words “okay Google” when you speak them.

Google Assistant needs to recognize whenever you ask for help.

Google Maps needs to activate voice recognition whenever you say “Hey Google”.

Android Auto also activates voice recognition when you say “Hey Google”.

These may make listening to you legal, but for many people, it’s still unacceptable. And Google does this by having you “approve” active listening when you install these apps. Most people pay little attention to the permissions they’re providing these apps.

edit on 10262022 by MetalThunder because: Stand and be Counted

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Welcome to the internet.
It sounds like you might have been honey-d*ckd

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Absolutely experienced it. My friend's job had a few leftover rolls of gorilla tape that he sent me a text about inquiring if it might work for a project of mine. Simple as that. Then his computer started showing ads for all types of tape. He doesn't have his phone linked to his computer either, other than the number coming up for filling forms. Mine is more logical as my computer and phone are synced. Really creepy.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Creepy

Get out of my head mr.google ....last warning....not kidding....kid you not

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
All Yall need to learn to speak Pig Latin! I kid you not, makes for an enjoyable experience, lol!

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
All Yall need to learn to speak Pig Latin! I kid you not, makes for an enjoyable experience, lol!

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If anyone remembers, Snowden pretty much confirmed that every phone conversation is recorded. Since the digital assistants need to hear you say "Hey Google", SIRI, etc to work, it should be obvious your cellphone is ALWAYS listening.

I think what trips most people up is that they are customizing advertisements based on words you may say while it is listening.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
delete your google app. if you cant delete it, force stop it and delete data in app. make sure you do not allow microphone to be used in any permissions. those are the first things i do when i buy a new phone.
a reply to: Edumakated

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I have no doubt they are listening, but I never get any evidence as all my browsers have ad blockers and stuff (Brave)
Perhaps I will know if I get a call from the Man for making non PC jokes .

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

The funniest part of this, is the comment from a year ago that says

I thought about this scene the other day, and now YouTube recommended it to me.

Wild stuff.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It's not just that your devices are listening to you....they are transmitting data from other devices as well.
I've had conversation with someone else in a vehicle while the only device present was THEIRS. I do not always bring mine with me. Still got ads on MY TABLET based on that conversation. Has happened more than once. It's creepy as hell. Have also had instances of only thinking about something and it pops up as an advertisement.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Lol.Crazy isnt it.

Basically it is today,With all our lives, submersed in 5G or better.
If you think it,to the global ether, we walk and live in, its is picked up .
SO inherently from an electromagnetic spectrum perspective, It is all the same thing to a computer,its no different as digital sound
Give it a name ,its all 0s and 1s.

All information is the same now,Call it wireless.(give it a name)The tech is,Its basically Digital telepathy.
Where ... "They"... have removed the Brains Diode if you will.

We still have our diode,So we cant hear their thoughts yet converted digitally.But they have the means to hear ours.
Thats why.... "They".... are so many steps ahead, of most of us.(unpacking that goes down all kinds of rabbit holes)

Thats why it seems they truly don't give a rats ass.
But it is getting ready to be the same for everyone.The Elites,and politicians And leaders of military,and countries wont have the advantage anymore.Information wise,we as a hole of people on this earth ,for the most part will all be on level playing ground,In the near future.

Unless they Reset it all.

edit on 896896October521 by BBF521 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join