It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘One kid might just think it’s candy’: Increase in children eating edibles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This just sounds like the yearly pre-Halloween scaremongering PSAs.

Maybe parents should be focusing on being better parents and not trying to parent other adults.

I highly doubt most people are going to be giving their kids edibles from a dispensary. That crap is expensive. It's anywhere from $25 to $50USD or more for like a few days worth in my experience.

As far as kids having vapes again that's on the parents not being decent parents if they don't want their kids running around with vapes.

It's not even hard catching them vaping or drinking or anything else since most kids doing it are dumb enough to post it on social media.

This boils down to parents being lazy and yet again wanting the state to do their job for them, and making it harder or more expensive for responsible adults to do what they want.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Pffft.

We had jenkem.

I think the kids will be ok.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

It ain't hard to hide something as a parent, just think of Xmas presents. If you bring them in, bring them in so the kids can't even know they exist and they won't know about them hence won't eat them.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000

Of the approximately 150 children who die every year from food allergy reactions, 100 of those are attributed to peanuts.

With this math, you can conclude that peanuts are 5 times more lethal to children than cannabis edibles.

they probably are
but I still don't want to see kids ingesting them.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I vividly remember the first major jenkem post on 4chan that got media attention. Priceless.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

There is no probably. Unless someone has a severe allergy to a cannabinoid (I've NEVER heard of it but anything is possible) no one... NO ONE.... not even kids are going to die from weed edibles. Google ld50 for THC. It's not humanly possible to overdose.

That being said, I don't think kids should be eating them either. No rational person does. But this is just blatant, stupid fear mongering.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
That is bad enough but with all the fentanyl supposedly in country I would be concerned about deaths

because as an addict, I'm gonna do a B&E, pawn what I steal, buy dope, and give it to trick or treaters
please show me just one documented case of this happening in the last 20 years

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

originally posted by: 727Sky
That is bad enough but with all the fentanyl supposedly in country I would be concerned about deaths

because as an addict, I'm gonna do a B&E, pawn what I steal, buy dope, and give it to trick or treaters
please show me just one documented case of this happening in the last 20 years

I'd rather try to repeatedly use fake money at the corner store.

Wait...

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Salisbury Police and EMS Stations 1 & 16 EMS Units are responding to College Lane for a report of multiple people who have overdosed. There were three ambulances requested for this incident.
Update: The patients are juveniles and have taken THC edibles.
Update 2: EMS is advising that they will be transporting at least 4 subjects to Tidal Health.
Update #3 at 8:35 PM - SPD is still out at the unit. They are requesting EMS to respond back out to the location for 2 more patients that will need to be transported to TidalHealth. EMS has been dispatched and are enroute.

source: www.easternshoreundercover.com...

will add more details if I hear anything.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   
cbs12.com... e-say-november-3-2022

A woman from Miami is facing multiple charges after police said she sold marijuana edibles to minors, causing them to be hospitalized.

The Miami Police Department said emergency crews responded to Citrus Grove Middle and Elementary School on Wednesday after multiple students were exposed to possible THC overdoses. Police said a student bought the edibles off-campus, and brought them to school and gave them to other students.

The children, whose ages range from 9 to 13, were taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital.

ages 9-13??

I hope this doesn't become a trend...

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That being said, and as you point out, its hardly lightly to kill them, and more inclined to just make them sleep or develop the munchies.

Or to do something stupid, like walking out into traffic.

If it's tweens then the risk of unproteted sex is a problem.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Dealers have been doing this for decades, only it's much easier now as the come in ready packaged child friendly forms.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Pffft.

We had jenkem.

I think the kids will be ok.

Not too sure that sentiment is shared by all

Good lead though..
edit on 27-11-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: crow consumption knee jerk city

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Yeah..and by the way..apologies for double post, if that's what this is..anyway, I think the detail Im about to bring up is worth it..

Inversion.

This is the word being used to describe black market cannibas products being sold from licensed dispensaries. From what Im hearing, it's rampant. Seriously?? So, now we have a quasi-legal federally banned substance (wouldn't matter if it was cotton candy) being openly traded in an illegal market and making its way..non regulated keep in mind, to LEGITIMATE? businesses..So my question is this..If cannibas is still a federally regulated, schedule 1 substance, then is any cannibas business actually legitimate? state legal or not..does create prime picking for the federalies though.. My opinion is no. Its all black market, because the buck stops at the feds..Its like the states are trying to subvert dual sovereignty in reverse or something..wierd way to put that, but anyway..

So this 'Inversion' term I been hearing thrown around is just more BS
edit on 29-11-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: .

Even with the passage of the 2018 farm bill and its little .3 percent loophole..which is hilarious..good ole T, it doesn't in my opinion give the states the right to vote these things in..In my state they used Veterans and Law Enforcement as proponents for passage of legalization, shamelessly and inaccurately..and it worked..Guess everybody wants to be a bong token bozo once in a while..As I stated, wouldn't matter if it was cotton candy or horse boogers..Its the principle of the thing..
edit on 29-11-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: ..

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 05:31 AM
link   
the only way you coukd die from cannabis is if a 25 pound block of it fell on your head.

comparing it in any way to fentanyl is ridiculous.

a reply to: 727Sky

edit on 29-11-2022 by angus1745 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   
www.npr.org...

The number of states that have legalized recreational use of cannabis more than doubled in the last five years. A new study finds that between 2017 and 2021, the number of very young children eating edible forms of marijuana spiked dramatically, with many kids ending up in hospitals.

The study, released Tuesday in the journal Pediatrics, found that in 2017, there were just over 200 reported cases of accidental consumption of cannabis edibles by children under six. In 2021, the number shot up to 3,054 – an increase of 1,375%.

The vast majority of the kids found the drug in their own home. While most children suffered mild impacts, 22.7% of exposed children needed hospitalization, and 8% of them – 573 children – needed critical care.

a lot of people dismissed this as fearmongering. sadly, it's a thing.

if any of you have these products KEEP THEM SECURE FROM THE KIDS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join