It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AINT! Oh ya lets say "am not" everytime!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: godsovein

You are out of date and Webster's has nothing to do with it. Aint officially became a word when Bill Clinton used it while he was president. That is what counts, just like OK.

Ew yeah. Acronyms are now part of the Webster's word rolodex?

Next you'll say so is "LOL"... and then you'll have shown your hand!

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: godsovein

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

You are out of date and Webster's has nothing to do with it. Aint officially became a word when Bill Clinton used it while he was president. That is what counts, just like OK.

Ew yeah. Acronyms are now part of the Webster's word rolodex?

Next you'll say so is "LOL"... and then you'll have shown your hand!

Has a presiding president used LOL in a speech yet? I don't think text or Twitter would count.

It would not surprise be if Biden has.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:19 AM
link   

a reply to: shaneslaughta

Well yeah, Inconveniencing my affairs makes you very unergonomical.

Which come to think of it, thats the great challenge of our time. Getting everyone out of antiergonomical radicalism. So first we'll start wih taking out all the Grammar Nazi's!

Grammar Nazi's Lives Matter!

Don't make us start protesting. We'll take to the streets and read books. Books with paper and hardback covers! We'll bring this government to its knees! And when we take over, everybody will be forced to read.

Maybe I shouldn't have had that last shot of tequila.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Hmm.

So acronyms are in the word list. And 'counter-contractions' are too. Wait, and then a bunch of neo-liberal euphemisms and jingoistic newspeak terms. It went from conservative (ie am not), to liberal (ie aint), and before we knew it we "need" drag queens in every school.

No, no no no! Not perhaps instead we need to bring back the Grammer Nazi;s?

What a dark dystopian world wide web we're all woven into. Oh, you want to say "aint", you got it. Like we signed our souls over to the devil, or else you're a transphobe! Like worse than Nazi's. No. I just wanted everyone to lauf and have fun.
edit on 25-10-2022 by godsovein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Well then I am OK cause my spelling and grammar sucks.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

a reply to: shaneslaughta

Well yeah, Inconveniencing my affairs makes you very unergonomical.

Which come to think of it, thats the great challenge of our time. Getting everyone out of antiergonomical radicalism. So first we'll start wih taking out all the Grammar Nazi's!

Grammar Nazi's Lives Matter!

Don't make us start protesting. We'll take to the streets and read books. Books with paper and hardback covers! We'll bring this government to its knees! And when we take over, everybody will be forced to read.

Maybe I shouldn't have had that last shot of tequila.

Those don't count and go so far as to challenge the status quo. Only what can be electronically edited and sources changed can count.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Sorry, had too.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Laugh Out Loud! I just noticed in that Hitler Grammer nazi meme, they have him saluting to the left.

edit on 25-10-2022 by godsovein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   
That debate is now out of date, because common speech (judging by the way people write) has gone way beyond that abbreviation.
It is becoming commonplace to see the complete omission of any negative indicator in negative statements.
That is, giving permission takes the form "You can do that" and refusing permission takes the form "You can do that". How on earth are people supposed to tell the differenc? A society which can't clearly express the difference between "yes" and "no" really is losing the ability to communicate.

And that is why "grammar nazis" have a point. If there isn't at least some gradual consensus about language changes, with some awareness of what words actually mean, communication breaks down.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 04:11 AM
link   

gotta love language...

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   
What is wrong with aren't ?

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   
FWIW grammar nazi is not PC anymore, now they want to be called comma-kazees

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

here, I fixed it for you...

what is wrong with "a rant"?

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

You are the one complaining about it ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join