It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden Being Urged to Limit Gun Owners to ‘Eight Bullets in a Round’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A member from SK families had urged Biden to address "high capacity" and had being asked what the Biden admin is currently to do to limit with those high capacity magazines

8 Bullets in a Round.
Joe Biden Pushing to Limit Gun Owners to ‘Eight Bullets in a Round’

Natalie Barden, whose brother was killed in the December 14, 2012, Sandy Hook Elementary School attack, urged Biden to “address ‘high capacity’ magazines” and asked what he is currently do to limit those magazines.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Lol, I wish I could get eight bullets in a round.

Unless this is him just trying to pitch shotguns again.

(post by KKLOCO removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Maybe he is referring to D&D rounds vs Turns which is a common misconception?

A number of rounds exist in a turn based on a few factors, suffice it to say roughly 10 rounds in a turn, 6 seconds each.

Biden once again power gaming trying to break the system wants 8 shots from a PC per ROUND!?

Presumably for lower level PCs (as he is always the champion of the underdawg) where theyt would on average have only one action per round, this blows the game wide open throwing care to the wind... whats next, all levels of spells available at 1st level?

This is disgusting and OP like no ones ever seen.
edit on 10242022 by Butterfinger because: fun

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   
When you have Law Enforcement Officers, who are supposed to be experts, expend over 100 rounds with only minor injuries to the criminals, but, you want to restrict the average citizen to only 8 rounds, there's something wrong.

My carry pistol holds 10 rounds in the mag. I carry 5 mags. I can still get all 50 rounds off in under two minutes. The Democrats are losing their attempt to ban weapons, so under their "by any means necessary" mantra, they are attacking magazine capacity.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Eight bullets in a round? WTF?

Eight bullets per mag?

Eight shot buck-shot?

I don't know what's going on here....

ETA: I see now that is a direct quote from Biden. That explains it.

This won't go over.

edit on 10/24/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I agree and this whole idea to push gun/weapon owners to ‘Eight Bullets in a Round’ shows these so called "Gun activists"
dont understand how guns/weapons work..

The reason i changed the thread title is because its not Biden/Biden admin pushing it as in the article says.

The gun activists, allegedly SK families are demanding to know what Biden is planing on doing with high capacity magnetizes.

edit on 24-10-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I love it when the left doesn’t know what they are talking about.

(post by Bluntone22 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

6 sec for the whole round is 5e. Doesn’t matter if 1 character or 30 characters, still 6 sec per round. The DMG has guns on page 268 but only automatic rifles have burst fire. But as per the rules, an automatic pistol (misnomer—should be semi-auto since it is 15 rounds) could whip off 8 shots as an 11th level fighter if you took a bonus action and action surge and somehow managed a reaction shot.

Or if you accepted that it was a fully automatic pistol, then you should get the whole 15 shots (+1 in the chamber) in six seconds, just with disadvantages and penalties.

But that requires a DM that would allow such alternate rules in the first place to allow guns. Of course if you wanted fantasy in a Rifts setting, Palladium is a better system that is more fleshed out and has decades of play.

As for Joe, I’m pretty sure Thac0 got him in 2e.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Maybe he is referring to D&D rounds vs Turns which is a common misconception?

A number of rounds exist in a turn based on a few factors, suffice it to say roughly 10 rounds in a turn, 6 seconds each.

Biden once again power gaming trying to break the system wants 8 shots from a PC per ROUND!?

Presumably for lower level PCs (as he is always the champion of the underdawg) where theyt would on average have only one action per round, this blows the game wide open throwing care to the wind... whats next, all levels of spells available at 1st level?

This is disgusting and OP like no ones ever seen.

Ummm WOW

Did not expect to read a comment like this.
Thank you for the chuckle.

As to the OP, he can try to push mag capacity limits but I don't really see how that will change a damn thing.
As far as I am aware almost all shootings have used guns with standard sized mags.
I guess this will make those anti-gun folk get a warm cozy winning feeling inside. But in all reality doesn't change sh!t besides open the door to do something that really will have a not cool outcome.

(post by JAY1980 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
1911 .45 ACP, 8 rounds.
Walther PPK/S James Bond’s gun, typically .380 ACP, 7 rounds (James Bond was a 7 round.32 ACP).
Walther P38, 9mm, 8 rounds.
Colt New Agent .45 ACP, .40 S&W, 9mm, all 8 rounds.
Beretta 8045 Cougar, .45 ACP, 8 rounds

Lots of guns came with a standard 8 round (and even less) magazine. Many 9mm designed for concealed carry are 8 round magazines. Sig P230, .380 ACP, 7 rounds is a particular favorite backup gun.

A what? Fastest reload is a New York reload meaning drawing a second gun.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Obviously more ignorance when it comes to firearm vernacular.

Fine. Ban all mags, clips, drums, etc, doesn’t matter. I’ll convert all of my firearms to be belt-fed. No more magazine issue!

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The law would obviously prohibit shooters from using eight bullets
without a break to buy THE HOUSE a round.

What's wrong with you people

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Just be please civil on this thread/subject everyone thanks..

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

As we have seen in the past Old Joe has a liking for shotguns.

00 Buckshot cartridges contain 8 pieces of shot.

Joe said give em both barrels.

'Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here ... put that double-barrelled shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house.'

Is that 16 rounds Joe?

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Sounds like he is describing 00 buck in a 2 3/4 inch shotgun shell. But I am pretty sure he knows not of what he speaks.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This following the coverage on Spectrum about no one "Needs to carry everywhere"
From Cathy Hochul.

As if taking guns from law abiding citizens is the answer to the majority defending themselves.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ok, one mini 12ga buckshot shell has 4 #1 buckshot and 7 #4 buckshot, that is 11 pellets. Now the shotgun holds 24 shells in two fixed magazines, non removable. That is 264 pellets and they say that counts as 33 rounds for some reason. Hummm.

Let's try slugs. 22 in one shotgun, the slugs are a little longer. That 22 divided by 8 is 2.75. Still doesn't work.

I think their math is off.
edit on 10 24 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join