It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Probe, Sentient Machine, Nuclear Weapon, or Junk? What is the Betz Mystery Sphere?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

In the Spring of 1974, a large brush fire swept across the property owned by Antoine and Gerri Betz.

While assessing the damage, they noticed something very out of place.

Lying in the smoldering grass, was a highly polished, metal sphere. This became known as the Betz sphere or the Betz orb.

Terry Betz, Antoine and Jerri's 21-year-old son, went to pick up the sphere. Although it was only 8-inches in diameter, it was extremely heavy.

Then the Betz family did something with the sphere that would change their lives forever. Something that the family would come to regret.

They brought it home.

Foo Fighter? Ancient Dusty Atlantis Nuke?

It's been said Dennis Hopper had found one of these on his property as well.

21 lbs and it moves on its own.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Holy smokes! I literally just watched this, lol.

To me it's amazing the amount of times the sphere was returned to them. I would've thought after what the Navy found, they would have done the switcheroo then instead of delivering it back with what could be considered a classified analysis of an object that may have posed a threat to national security.

The possible international operatives angle is thought provoking as well.

edit on 10/20/2022 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Damn I got to get out of the political crap, never heard of this and I do enjoy the Why Files

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I watched this one today, too. The Why Files is pretty good stuff.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Futuristic detached alien testicle?

Just hammering out the possibilities...

Your threads lately are a welcome break from the BS that our politics have become.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I believe this was in Jacksonville, Florida. I've heard alot of explanations but none seem believeable.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   
So it was stolen...

The V stamp description is intriguing, heard rumors of anti-gravity properties if a magnetic ball is spun in a fluid or molten metals at a high speed, or am I just mashing UFO stories?

edit on 20-10-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I grew up in Jacksonville. There are several military bases in the area. But, some of the footage of UAP the Navy filmed was offshore Jacksonville. I happen to be in the camp that those UAP are not built by our adversaries on Earth. If they are alien constructions, it wouldn't be far fetched to have one of those craft send out probes or sensors like little drones. It went down and Betz found it.

I heard on some documentary 20 or more years ago that the Navy didn't drill into it because it contained 2 or 3 heavy metal spheres inside. They thought it could be a nuclear power source and that drilling into it could cause it to detonate.

If we built it, the x-ray should have revealed a 2 piece construction of the shell if it contains technological apparatus that makes it function. I recall the sphere was solid like it was cast that way. If so, how did the meal spheres get inside of it?

All in all it is an amazing story. I too am surprised the Navy returned it. If it was really alien, the government would have 'lost' it. That is my opinion.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
That trips my male bovine excrement detector. Otherwise, words fail me.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Apparently, mercury has some anomalous properties. In the ancient Indian vedic texts (don't recall which) they described the Vimanas the Gods flew in detail. Down to electrical cables and a 'Mercury vortex engine' in 10,000BC. So you are going in the right direction. Supposedly the TR3B (US built anti-gravity craft supposedly) has a ring of mercury compressed to 300,000 atmospheres with coils wrapped around the tube. The mercury is then accelerated to near the speed of light and it allows the ship to block the gravitational waves due to mercury's anti-gravity properties when manipulated in that manner. Pretty cool technology if it is real. I wish I had the time and capital to experiment with mercury and see if it has exotic properties when manipulated. I read that if you put it in a pan and rotate a heat source clockwise, it turns counter-clockwise.

Anyway, don't want to derail the thread but wanted to reply.

edit on 10/20/22 by KorosStrohna because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The sphere is one of the universes prolific shapes. From atoms, to the heart of a black hole to the shape of the very universe.

The alien oddities would likely be found in this shape.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I saw this one today. I've known about this sphere for a while, but this guy brought new incites to the mystery.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Pondering the orb.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Damn! Can't believe I've never heard of this. I wonder if Hynek really took it and where it could be now. That is some weird stuff right there man.

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Seems like there's a movie about this too. I remember something like this when I was younger.a reply to: Lysergic

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
Pondering the orb.

Not sure why but that pic reminds me of my cat as he sits in judgement of me.

"F#ck you cat, you ain't the arbiter of truth, k?"

posted on Oct, 20 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179
Seems like there's a movie about this too. I remember something like this when I was younger.a reply to: Lysergic

Link please.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Holy smokes! I literally just watched this, lol.

To me it's amazing the amount of times the sphere was returned to them. I would've thought after what the Navy found, they would have done the switcheroo then instead of delivering it back with what could be considered a classified analysis of an object that may have posed a threat to national security.

The possible international operatives angle is thought provoking as well.
Did the navy study it the first time to copy it, then do the switch the next time they got control of it.
It would have taken time to make a copy.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Debunked!
skeptoid.com...

I'm surprised somebody hasn't come out and claimed to own it, and they just use another ball check valve. How would anyone know? Just got to get the size and weight right.

posted on Oct, 21 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: baggy7981
Debunked!
skeptoid.com...

I'm surprised somebody hasn't come out and claimed to own it, and they just use another ball check valve. How would anyone know? Just got to get the size and weight right.

Lol yeah ball check valves roll on their own, like the Navy couldn't figure it out the first time they took it?

I also saw this video this morning but have known of the story for years.
edit on 21-10-2022 by ATruGod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join