It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Corden - Believe People When They Show You Who They Are

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
here

“And the most abusive customer to my Balthazar servers since the restaurant opened 25 years ago.”

Here's the quick and dirty, James Corden behaved very rudely to servers at this restaurant. Apparently it wasn't the first time either.
He made demands, was rude, and overall just a piece of crapola.

He of COURSE apologized when he realized the stick of cancel culture was going to bop him over his big noggin.
The Restaurant owner was very gracious and said everyone deserves a second chance...
See that is where I disagree. This was not a one time thing. This was just him getting caught in his behavior. Is he really sorry, or sorry he got caught?We'll never know. I do know this, so cliche but so true, when people SHOW YOU who they are believe them!

I worked as a server for a few years and can say I saw some of the worst of humanity at that time.
I really do think that more people should be banned from restaurants (and stores) for bad behavior!

I am totally totally against social credit scores but in this one little instance it would be nice if service people could ding customers. If they got enough dings across enough different places, they could be banned. I'm sure employers/businesses would be totally against that though. That's the sucky part, we all know with the way the world is the social credit score would be offered to CUSTOMERS so that workers will have to walk on eggshells even more.
edit on 19-10-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'm a Union Mason and we use Union Labourers as our helpers.

Some of the Masons I work with treat the Labourers as if they are their personal slaves.

I was always taught to treat EVERYONE with respect.

This guys should have been thrown out on his arse and never allowed back.

POS.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Corden is the perfect celebrity for the groupthinking masses. Like Jimmy Fallon, Colbert, Kimmell, and those types.
Untalented, unfunny, and unaware, yet they somehow manage to convince themselves that they're just delightful.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I’ve got a better idea than a BS social credit score:

“We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.”

I’ve got about 10 names on my 86’d list. Those people were so terrible that I can remember them all by name. And this goes back 7 years.

If they call for a tour (and they have), I tell them right to their face what a terrible person they are. Have some accountability assholes!

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I’ve got about 10 names on my 86’d list. Those people were so terrible that I can remember them all by name. And this goes back 7 years.

Don't leave us hanging, I want to hear some stories. They must be pretty bad, but like I said I was a server so nothing would surprise me.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

They say if you're on a date( what's that?) that you can see the true character of your date towards the servers.
If he's courteous, polite , patient etc, that's his character irl.
If he's short tempered impolite rude etc , you know what awaits you.

My ex (narc) was very rude towards servers, but I ignored all the red flags (naive).
I have no clue who this James Corden is

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I’ve got a better idea than a BS social credit score:

“We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.”

If they call for a tour (and they have), I tell them right to their face what a terrible person they are. Have some accountability assholes!

That reminded me...A friend of mine was at a coffee shop when a woman started berating the barista about something. He said the young barista looked right at the woman and said "Calm down, Karen."

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

They say if you're on a date( what's that?) that you can see the true character of your date towards the servers.

This story is a little personal for me. My family is of mixed ethnicity, Asian, White (German/British/Irish).
I look 100% Asian, my daughter however is very tall, with blonde hair and light eyes. She easily passes as a European.
She recently started dating a European guy. She really liked him, and he knew of her ethnicity, but probably easy to forget.

He made some very racist jokes against Asians when they were on a date. Then he also made comments with friends about black folks, not knowing that my daughter is actually named after a black woman. Needless to say, she dumped his sorry azz and now he is all begging and dejected.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I think Corden has started believing his own PR etc. He's become the epitome of those 'luvvy' types that infest the 'entertainment' business.
Bit of a wanker really.

Ironic that you showed a clip of Ricky Gervais; I know a guy who worked in that industry for a few years - he was a photographer for a magazine.
I asked him once who was the biggest knobhead he'd met, without hesitation he simply said 'Ricky Gervais' and then added that he was nothing but a pretentious, stuck-up-his-own-arse, condescending twat.

Guess it goes with the territory?

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: ancientlight

This story is a little personal for me. My family is of mixed ethnicity, Asian, White (German/British/Irish).
I look 100% Asian, my daughter however is very tall, with blonde hair and light eyes. She easily passes as a European.
She recently started dating a European guy. She really liked him, and he knew of her ethnicity, but probably easy to forget.

He made some very racist jokes against Asians when they were on a date. Then he also made comments with friends about black folks, not knowing that my daughter is actually named after a black woman. Needless to say, she dumped his sorry azz and now he is all begging and dejected.
She was right dumping him. Not fair though that your daughter gets to be a blonde and I'm 100% European and brunette

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I’m glad the jokes are on him lol.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: putnam6

I think Corden has started believing his own PR etc. He's become the epitome of those 'luvvy' types that infest the 'entertainment' business.
Bit of a wanker really.

Ironic that you showed a clip of Ricky Gervais; I know a guy who worked in that industry for a few years - he was a photographer for a magazine.
I asked him once who was the biggest knobhead he'd met, without hesitation he simply said 'Ricky Gervais' and then added that he was nothing but a pretentious, stuck-up-his-own-arse, condescending twat.

Guess it goes with the territory?

I believe it 100% and I guess that lifestyle must bring out the worst in some people

it's definitely his schtick and perhaps it's gone to his head. After watching an Idiot Abroad which I enjoyed, I started listening to the Ricky Gervais show he is a bit of a one-trick pony in a lot of ways.

I always go back to Keanu Reeves and I'm sure there are others that aren't pretentious twats. Most seem like they absolutely are, however, the same with professional athletes and singers.

I guess when you are filthy rich being a twat to the GP is all they have for entertainment.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

By all accounts an entitled little asshat. The company he keeps suggests he sold his soul to the system a long time ago. Wouldn't surprise me to see him on the flight log for the Lolita Express.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
The best putdown I've heard is after meeting Stephen Fry, a mate called him an insufferable cnut.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I have never liked James, same as Jimmy Carr, they are not in the slightest funny, unless they are mocking someone else.

I hate James’s voice acting, so bad that in Peter rabbit, emoji movie, trolls. I just sense his overacting in his voice.

Here’s one clip where he was a mere nobody years ago, hard to tell if it is tongue in cheek.

Though looking at James body language, he was getting angry.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I always go out of my way to be polite to servers/bartenders, etc. Their job is very difficult, and they deal with a-holes all the time for crap pay. I usually try to tip generously. In fact, you would have to do a pretty terrible job for me not to tip at all.

I always said if I were to ever hit the lotto and strike it rich, the fun part would be to spend it on others. It would be awesome to tip servers and staff a few hundred dollars when eating out.
edit on 19-10-2022 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Never liked either of them, particularly Gervais.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   

This may sound odd to you, but I think that there is something about being the center of attention that spurs people on into being like this. It's not as if there is some specific ''line of demarcation'' that I can ascertain, it's just a sense of it for me. It may be as simple as attempts to maintain the image of being ''something special'' that celebrities attain while in reality they know deep down that they are not that,'' something special''. That indeed it merely the luck of the draw and circumstance that has allowed them to expand into whatever image they are falsely esteemed for.

top topics

join