It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Propaganda and Speech Writing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Usually people are credited for the things they create.

For example if a popular song gets covered by another artist, credit will always be given to the original composer.

If you don't give credit, you have plagiarized someone else's work and in most cases that person can and will take you to court.

This is true in 99% of industries, except politics and media.

Why are scriptwriters never acknowledged in the media? And if they are, how does one go about finding out who actually wrote the script?

How does one find out who wrote a politicians speech originally?

Is there some sort of archive or library that is accessible to the public?

I want to know who the people are behind the words.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

The only way forward is to make it utterly illegal to lie to We The People.

Jail sentencing to be 1 minute jail time per person you lied to with a minimum of a decade.

The rats would jump ship as soon as the law was passed.

Sadly, getting such a law is impossible since the lying ones would never pass it.

Just imagine if you had a job and told your boss so many lies. You would get fired and so should these bastards.

P

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

If you ask the googles they'll tell you who the speech writer is for each politician. For instance, Jeffrey Nussbaum is Biden's current speech writer, having replaced his long-time writer Vinay Reddy.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You bring up a good point about lying.

Why are representatives of people allowed to lie to their constituents?

In a world that prides themselves on 'fact checking' it really does a number on my brain how consistently lies are being fed to people who pay the salaries of people who are perpetually spitting lies in order to manipulate their base.

Of course this is true on both sides of the aisle which makes this subject something ordinary people should be bipartisan about.

If lying is allowed by the system, then it should cut both ways.

The IRS should simply accept it if you decide to pay $1 in taxes.

The court should accept your innocence in any matter simply because you say so.

Need an alibi, tell the police you have a 'reliable source' as a witness but then never name that person in order to protect his identity.

Alex Jones gets crucified for spreading misinformation by being ordered to pay damages to the tune of 200x his net worth.

Which means Pfizer should loosely speaking pay off the USA's national debt for the lies they sold the public and the damages it caused to people and small businesses.
edit on 15-10-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I want to know who the people are behind the words.

I have worked on many political campaigns for the GOP and libertarians as a media geek and as a free lance stringer for news organizations.

Copy writers are never credited.

It's propaganda if you don't agree with the message, but it's gospel if you do.

www.scribbr.com...
edit on 15-10-2022 by olaru12 because: syntax

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MichaelFinn

I have no issue with someone refining words and getting paid to do so.

I sometimes wonder whether politicians say things they have no feelings about one way or another, and yet still passionately delivers someone else's narrative.

For example Joe Biden 2022 is contradicted many times by Joe Biden in his earlier years.

I don't believe he has had a personal change of heart, I believe he was instructed what to say.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Why are scriptwriters never acknowledged in the media? And if they are, how does one go about finding out who actually wrote the script?

Scriptwriters and copy writers/editors are two different animals. I'm blessed to be both of them and paid handsomely I might add. Anyone with a halfassed command of the English language and the ability to convey a coherent message is in demand by so many platforms it's astonishing. Often you can get paid for a "treatment" written on a 3x5 card if you know how the media biz system operates. Game developers are like a gold mine.

I always get credit for scripts, never for copy. Politicians all have people working on media presentations. It's an industry that flies under the radar.

www.celtx.com...
edit on 30-11-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Few people have come to appreciate, as I have, that what you see/hear/get from a politician is exactly what you want to see.

Their primary function is to gather support for the party. Support for the party mean revenue and legitimacy - in that order.

Politicians are there for you to like. They want you to feel they are just another version of you.

To that end industries have arisen to "make" you like them. They use science, psychology, and most importantly lies.

Science - to inform them moment to moment, psychology that you may never "feel" the need to question, lies because all we want from you is your "support."

I can't tell you how many conversations I have had with people agreeing with me about the entire class of political thespianism - and end with them interjecting ... "But my gal/guy is the best!" Even after acknowledging that they have never done squat, never changed anything, and simply rah-rah'd for the party their entire career.

Writers are part of that industry (and nearly always devoid of credit - not all of them suck.)

Gone are the days where Jack Kennedy would craft something so powerful it would make you cry. Now a committee of 'experts' crowd-sources or compile the content, the screens the speech with a panel of professional "listeners" and send the final draft to the party for a blessing. (Which by the way is how you end up with government by committee.)

Most speeches are cleverly disguised carbon copies of past speeches. Most words are as empty as you can imagine. These people aren't trying to talk to you - they are talking at you. Cloistered sources lead to what we see now...

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
SPAM deleted
edit on 22/1/23 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   
NEVERmind
edit on 22/1/23 by argentus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join