It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Energy Wars: Norwegian Energy Incident Tracker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Greetings,

After the NS2 pipeline was bombed, I mentioned to my wife that the next piece of the puzzle to monitor is Norwegian Nat gas installations and pipeline.

This thread is intended to track potential issues with Norwegian energy supply to The UK and Western Europe.

Why?

Because Norway represents one of the larger pieces remaining of the energy suppliers to UK and Western Europe. Any disruption to Norwegian energy supply would be disastrous and bring with it material problems for the global financial markets.

Incidents of note:

Hoax at a Norwegian facility that supplies a material amount of energy to the UK:

www.zerohedge.com...

There is the below thread about a ship inspecting pipeline that stopped over a section of pipe, did it find something?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I’m a foreign policy, economics, etc. nerd who also happens to like to invest. I posted this in WW3 because I suspect the next phase of this war may involve destruction of additional energy infrastructure. Prime targets, in my mind, are Norwegian supply and potentially a Canadian line.

I say this because we are in a precarious position with energy and any additional, large disruption in supply could cause very serious economic damage. Very serious.

So serious that if this comes to pass I expect markets, globally, so sink materially on the news - and a fair amount of civil unrest to follow.

The “war” right now is The Energy War - which is actually WW3 - but it just looks a lot different than WW2. It is a war of indirect assault, and societal/economic damage - which causes far more problems and lasts much longer than a conventional shooting war. It also impacts huge populations - which is exactly what’s going on right now.

Keep an eye on energy infrastructure, and in this case, Norwegian infrastructure. If you see something in the news post it here.

Lastly, curious if anyone has a hot take on my take above - always open to hearing more perspective.

Thanks, all.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Prices for energy here in Japan have gone up to nearly 40% in some areas and we still get nuked by the nuclear plants cost of low energy prices. Totally bullcrap.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

I agree.

By some amazing coincidence, the attacks on the Nord Stream pipelines left one of the Nord Stream 2 pipelines still functional and available to supply gas to Germany from Russia. How fortunate for Putin.

By another amazing coincidence these attacks happened on almost the same day that the Baltic pipeline carrying gas from Norway to Poland and Germany became operational.

It would be a shame if the Norwegian pipeline to Poland were to suddenly have a terrible accident, wouldn't it?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer
a reply to: VulcanWerks

I agree.

By some amazing coincidence, the attacks on the Nord Stream pipelines left one of the Nord Stream 2 pipelines still functional and available to supply gas to Germany from Russia. How fortunate for Putin.

By another amazing coincidence these attacks happened on almost the same day that the Baltic pipeline carrying gas from Norway to Poland and Germany became operational.

It would be a shame if the Norwegian pipeline to Poland were to suddenly have a terrible accident, wouldn't it?

Terrible shame.

Difference is, it would be the Russian’s this time. I suspect we blew up the NS line. It actually makes good strategic sense if you’re trying to economically cripple Russia - very easy to raise a lot of suspicion who did it, very hard to prove who did it. We’ll probably never know…

Problem is, those Norwegian lines are now one of the few things standing between The UK/EU taking wild steps backwards economically and potentially societally. It also has the potential of creating a huge rift between the UK/EU and the US - which we haven’t really had in a long time.

This is a real big game of chicken, of sorts, and I sincerely hope we crunched all the numbers properly before we started playing.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Bumping this thread as it might have been ahead of it’s time.

From the link:

Russia on Saturday sent six ships carrying personnel and equipment to a Soviet-era military base in the Arctic that it is reopening to bolster its presence in the region, Russian news agencies reported.

Moscow is ramping up its military presence in the pristine but energy-rich region as other countries such as Canada and Norway are also staking claims to access its resources.

Interesting to see where this goes.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It appears this is spinning back up:

Months after famed journalist and Pulitzer Prize winner Seymour Hersh revealed the US blew up the Russia-to-Germany natural gas pipeline in the Baltic Sea in September 2022 during a covert operation under the guise of the BALTOPS 22 NATO exercise, yet another undersea gas pipeline, this time, connecting Finland and Estonia has allegedly come under attack.

www.zerohedge.com...

The current US administration has lost control.

new topics

top topics

join