It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Places With High Natural Ground Radiation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This nuclear war threat now make me look the odd`s against radioactivity . There are several places in World where ground itself is much more radioactive than generally elsewhere. It dont look like the places were abandoned , like beach in Brazil , which would be expected if people would get sick.

So can someone maybe explain where is the point, red line what comes to radioactivity levels per year . Sure there is natural and man made, and nuclear weapons generate more harmfull forms most likely, thought i dont know any details .

Brazil :

High Background Radiation Areas of Ramsar, Iran

There are many other areas with high levels of background radiation around the world, and epidemiological studies have indicated that natural radiation in these areas is not harmful for the inhabitants. Results obtained in our study are consistent with the hypothesis that a threshold possibly separates the health effects of natural radiation from the harm of large doses. This threshold seems to be much higher than the greatest level of natural radiation.

Ground Radiation (World)

Hot Spots: Earth’s 5 Most Naturally Radioactive Places

Is the natural and man made completely different things what comes to radioactivity , and what is the difference ?

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
natural vs. man-made depends on whether it conforms to the standard model of scientific understanding.

for example the Oklo natural reactor in Africa. It is the only one in the world, and it just so happens to have the precise ratio of materials present to produce a sustained nuclear reaction, something that scientists spent decades trying to do deliberately. It even cycles at a regular rate because the water boils off, heats, then cools and refills, boils off, etc...

totally not related to Annunaki gold mining operations in the long past.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: juulzverne

Wow! natural nuclear fission reactors in mountain....holy cow!

My scientific understanding is very limited i am afraid in this nuclear area.

Thanks for the link. Nature is marvelous

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Dont need a spoiler alert. Cant say the F word. It ends with an A not a K. There is one word tho....we're F@%&$#D!!!!!
There is nothing natural about this. Plain as day, every day for how many years? Take a guess folk's?
edit on 9-10-2022 by AnrkE because: forgot to add an S

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
These radioactive places are the result of geologic activity, rather than human activities. The beach in Brazil (known as Guarapari) has high levels of thorium-laden monazite sand that is slowly eroding out of local rocks. The Oklo reactors were active around two billion years ago during the Orosirian period, as uranium had a much higher U-235 concentration back then, and it was able to collect in concentrated ores for the first time as the Great Oxygenation Event that started a few hundred million years earlier provided the conditions needed for it to separate out as uraninite. Other radioactive areas include places with large amounts of volcanic rock due to volcanic activity pulling up uranium and thorium from the mantle.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Would this not be down too weak spots in the magnetosphere? or could the myths of a nuclear war which happened hundreds of thousand of years ago be true?

I mean nuclear war is just months away to years max it’s going to happen IMO

I just wish we had a vaccine as a defence against radiation and spent two year vaccinating the world against it

Oh hang on

edit on 9-10-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Did they check the toilet at Taco Bell?

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Radiation is one of the predominant agents of EVOLUTION.

The background radiation on earth tampers with DNA constantly and causes slight mutations in each generation. It combines with the chemical effects of what is consumed, cosmic radiation and other factors like our behaviour too (sins of the fathers and all that). Without radiation there would be no evolution. There are scientific papers about this. It is a fact, not just me making it up.

There is much diversity of radioactive presence in environments. Here where I live there is a problem with Radon gas because of all the tin mining over hundreds and thousands of years and we live in on very exposed quartz based granite plateau. There is a much higher rate of people born with learning and physical disabilities/birth defects here in Cornwall I am sure of it. There are still areas where you can see the abnormal chemicals on ground level landcapes that should be deep underground. Nobody has ever measured the effects of the tin ming pollution upon the Cornish people, but I know they are still being poisoned to this day. It is even in the water we drink. Extensive studies should be carried out.

The Sun is radioactive. All the stars are radioactive. All the planets are radioactive. Humans are radioactive too. Our thyroids store a lot of it,

Radiation dose is measured in units of millisieverts (mSv). For typical activities of thyroid scans administered to adults, the effective radiation dose (ie. the dose to the whole body) is approximately 3.2 mSv.

All creatures are X Men. Radiation helped to turn monkeys into people to simplify the process. Radiation is a prime cause and shaper of evolution of everything that exists. DNA is constantly bombarded with it and minor mutations occur generation to generation because of this. Some mutations are favourable, just by chance and if they better aid survival and procreation they become dominant traits as the most successful survival and breeding attributes.

We are all a bunch of mutants and how it shows. We all belong in a circus of freaks to be honest.

edit on 10-10-2022 by Tarantula777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That was good, radiation for dummies
thanks -

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

The " vaccination" might come, and i dont specifically want to take part of it this time.

Premier Xi is hopefully finally starting to realize that he`s good buddy Vlad is mad as hell....all the goods in Chinese warehouses will be stay there for thousands of years,if Vlad starts playing wrong game.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

They should

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarantula777

So we come long way with some pesky radiation ..

I should buy some iodine, thought i still have some Lugol`s drop

If my memory serves me well, they used tons of boron in Chernobyl disaster hmm

new topics

top topics

join