It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden pardons thousands with federal convictions of simple marijuana possession

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: AOx6179

The Biden Administration might be too incompetent to accomplish this, like they were with getting student loans forgiven.

This! My student loan from community college when I was 18 ended up being some obscure, retired type of loan now. Federally insured, privately owned.

A few Republican states (as they're described in the articles) sued the administration to exclude these even though its a very small percentage of federal student loans. They're not worth much, but anything to fight the administration is going to be found and utilized. I'm sure you'd do the same thing automatically. Nothing personal about it.

I don't have to make payments right now at least because im on the income driven plan. I don't make enough from working full time according to them.
edit on CDT02Fri, 07 Oct 2022 02:53:34 -050000000010b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Yeah, the pardons are nice but will they ever legalize MJ for the whole U.S. of A? I use it as an alternative medicine and my doctors know about it. I have a cronic pain condition in my spine and knees. No opiates for this guy.(Oops, did I say that out loud?)

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: juulzverne
...and for the prosecutors it still gets the perp off the street.

You mean, 'adds a conviction to their stats.' Surely this is not an offense that gives the impression that one is doing a great public service by getting them off the street.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   

while i agree this is long overdue and the war on drugs caused more violence and death on innocent victims,, didn't sniffy joe pass and or contribute to the regulations that put many minorities behind bars in the first place .

so the fix is to undo partly what he did, lol.

edit on 311031America/ChicagoFri, 07 Oct 2022 08:31:36 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Not sure this is anything big What exactly is a low level federal pot charge El Chapo ? I'm sure there's no one in federal prison for possession of a joint .

He's just desperate for votes .

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
As far as decriminalization and rescheduling goes, I'll believe it when I see it, but this is a step in the right direction.

edit on 7-10-2022 by IndieA because: Fixed Link

edit on 7-10-2022 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I haven't heard Peter Tosh in decades! Thanks ✌️🤙

A little 90s style for everyone.
youtu.be...
Enjoy..
edit on 7-10-2022 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's just pandering by biden...sort of like the "lock her up" chants we used to know and love.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: juulzverne
...and for the prosecutors it still gets the perp off the street.

You mean, 'adds a conviction to their stats.' Surely this is not an offense that gives the impression that one is doing a great public service by getting them off the street.

better than that DA for San Francisco who decriminalized everything below a felony then touted that they had reduced burglaries by 100%

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Guy destroyed black lives for years and now he's suddenly all forgiving?

F#ck Joe Biden and his clown world administration.

They are devils without a disguise.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's just pandering by biden...

Correct.

.sort of like the "lock her up" chants we used to know and love.

Lol, your talking points are up to date.

Investigate further and you will see that there is more to this than meets the eye.

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Biden is legalizing the Devils Lettuce!

:O

posted on Oct, 7 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If Biden decriminalizes Fentanyl, then he can solve one of the open border issues.

(Just kidding democrats, please don't really do it, that would be stupid)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

It's about time.

Take a look at the date.

It's a great idea, but a month before election day is just manipulative.

They're expecting all of those people who were pardoned to vote Democrat now.

It would mean more if it was done long before the election. Just another part of the Political Game.
edit on 8-10-2022 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...
More insight into all this. Sounds like a bunch of 💩 at this point now. Same old empty promises.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
No one is currently in jail at the federal level for simple cannabis possession.

The move would affect 6500 people previously charged with simple cannabis crimes.

www.cnn.com...

Officials said there are currently no Americans serving prison time solely on federal simple marijuana possession charges. But they said the number who had been charged with that crime was north of 6,500.

It seems that smugglers would inherently fall under federal jurisdiction.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 03:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179
www.cnn.com...
More insight into all this. Sounds like a bunch of 💩 at this point now. Same old empty promises.

Our Gov. has already pardoned people in jail for simple possession.

And now that we have Recreational and medical freedom. Business is booming with Texans streaming across the border, lining up on the sidewalks outside of the dispensaries.
edit on 1-12-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join