It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Avoided a Hit & Run - A Display of the Current Trend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This needs writing to get as much off my spirit as I can -

I was just walking in a crosswalk, when I am in public I am very attentive and respectful to everyone around me, as one car was waiting for me I jogged across the crosswalk and a truck came speeding to make a right turn at the stop sign - he sped through without stopping and I had to dodge the truck. So I basically ran right into a speeding vehicle while I was in the crosswalk and jumped out of the way.

This is getting me because before that happened I was really let down - I learned today my adopted family lied to me for one and a half months, I feel so betrayed.

My day, deep in my soul I just feel like I want to be loved so much. I am one of those people without any friends or relationships, mostly due to my sobriety which is a good thing but all my friends are in my past and today we are facing this violent society - these darn shootings are happening in my state becuase two people get into an argument while driving, as simple as that. This man who displayed his large state of inaffection and almost hit me nonchalantly drove into a fast food drive thru, I confronted him and right away he took off his seat beat to get out the truck and attack me. I said "what are you going to take out your gun and kill me now?" - not a bad question since that same situation killed like 5 others in my state in the last month.

These times are the least times were I can just go out and find friends, the types of crimes that are happening are so crazy, another example is a few days ago two men entered the tent of a homeless man, attacked him, and stole his homeless property - what the heck are you going to gain from muggin a homeless person? Simple little arguments are turning into shootings left and right in Southern California while I am trying to find friends...

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If the man didn’t care when he almost hit you crossing the street what made you think approaching him was going to be any better like your confrontation would just magically make him care about you?

Sucks that happened to you but also what exactly did you expect to achieve besides getting yourself killed. You said it yourself what are you gunna do shoot me? That’s what you actually expected and you did it anyway.

Good luck next time.

a reply to: MatterIsLight

edit on 6-10-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Have you tried getting professional help on Reddit?
Good God man

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I am glad you are safe! What did the guy say after you engaged him while he was getting out of his truck? How'd that end?

Don't worry, like attracts like, you will find someone(s) soon!

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I am trying to find friends...

We could be friends, but I'm going to warn you now, the road will be painful as I teach you how to function and go through life without your emotions steering the car.
I will care about your successes in life and cheer as you take back control of your life with logic and reality.
..like the true confident captain you should be.
..not some dude getting domed at McDonald's

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Maybe leave California.

I went there for a week and couldn’t wait to leave. I was in Orange County, visited Disneyland and Hollyweird.

It was so commercial, overcrowded, transient looking, the perfect evil combination of greed, depravity, gang violence, homelessness, hopelessness. The roads, the smog, coming off exit Ramps like you are on the autobahn. Place is like GTA.

You need a change or some friends/hobby or a new place to live! Good luck!

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Swagger when you walk

When you confront the guy in the truck, don't say a word. Walk right up with a blank pleasant look on your face and punch him in the face through his window. Throw your shoulder into it so it has force. Allow him to open his door, and when he sticks his left leg out, using both arms and full torso force, slam the door on his leg. He won't be walking anywhere soon.

And the good news is: You moved yourself from the victim list to the Bad Ass list. Just let people know up front that you don't plan on being on the receiving end of any painful situation.

Another choice is: continue to do what you are doing now. Afterall, you know how that goes.

Northern California has a serial killer on the loose. Mostly homeless people are getting shot in public parks late at night or in the wee hours.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

No. The reason why I approached him was because I was angry at him and if he kills me fine - hopefully you would care if he killed me but you would probably just talk crap about me saying I should not have confronted him about his idiot actions.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
your confronting a man who already almost killed you I don’t see any good outcomes for you or him. “If he kills me fine” you ok buddy? Your choice of words in both instances suggests part of you actually wanted him to kill you.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Advice that could actually get him killed.

Encouraging him to be a road rager and hurt others he deems less then appropriate drivers.

Lol I heard you like being a victim so we you moved from the victim list to victim list.

a reply to: visitedbythem

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

I am glad you are safe! What did the guy say after you engaged him while he was getting out of his truck? How'd that end?

Don't worry, like attracts like, you will find someone(s) soon!

Hey, I feel we have a mutual wave length, thanks for your post.

So I walk up and say "Do you remember just almost hitting me, what the heck happened?" As he took off his seat belt and started to open the door I yelled the comment, then immediately I started to back up and there was a wall and the food menu so it cut off his line of sight. For me personally the only way I can hit somebody is if they hit me first, and I also had sandals on. As I was backing away, instead of him charging at me like a bear he chose to get back in the vehicle - good thing. I continued to taunt him, I felt like saying words would be better than not, basically saying to him that it is not smart to do that in society. He would then act like he wanted to come back out of the car and say "well you are the stupid person and scared because you will not fight" and I said, "I don't feel any need to hurt you" which is true and I am trying to be the person that is reprimanding him. Around this time he points something directly at me, I wasn't close enough to see it was a gun but it could have been. Then I said to "go and get eat your food," I guess that was my ego trying to have the last word, I was also trying to convey that eating a meal is more of a sacred thing than to be fighting like savages.

I am not proud of my actions today, in fact I regret making a fuss because at that point I am guilty. First thing after writing this point I read articles about how to handle these types of things, and I found that it is true these things are happening more now after the epidemic. Here is a smart exert I read:

It happens to everyone. You're driving along, and suddenly another driver does something so idiotic you feel like you might lose it. Unfortunately, the other driver often returns that rage, and both leave the situation with a ruined day. Other times, these anger filled moments escalate into serious incidents.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
And I kept taunting him….lol…”I don’t want to be the one reprimanding him” lol wtf are you doing coming up to his truck then?

Seriously kid you are gunna get your teeth pushed in or worse. Especially if you keep looking for a fight in flip flops.

Funny you posted that quote. So try to remember you were the one who approached him in anger.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Maybe leave California.

That was going to be my exact suggestion.
I moved a lot in my life. People don’t realize how much a place can influence their happiness and well-being.
Moving is not easy, I know that. It sounds like the OP is not in alignment with his surroundings.

I had a hard time being in Florida because every single person I knew was very into drugs. I live in a nice higher end area too. We are talking teachers, business people, literally everyone I knew. Some of them shocked me.
I’m just not into that.

I think the OP should move to the Midwest, or another small town friendly kind of place.
Join groups that you enjoy or share a hobby with.

People think they will make friend out of the blue, but it does take some effort.

edit on 6-10-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MatterIsLight
So I basically ran right into a speeding vehicle ......

Joggers,

....nearly as bad as cyclists.

a few days ago two men entered the tent of a homeless man, attacked him, and stole his homeless property - what the heck are you going to gain from muggin a homeless person?

Free stuff for two other homeless people perhaps.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

"Northern California has a serial killer on the loose. Mostly homeless people are getting shot in public parks late at night or in the wee hours."

I don't want to take away from OP's thread but could you PM me any news info on this or possibly make a thread about it?

new topics

top topics

join