It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun With Words -Providence-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Google says:
noun

the protective care of God or of nature as a spiritual power.
"they found their trust in divine providence to be a source of comfort"

timely preparation for future eventualities.
"it was considered a duty to encourage providence"

I somehow think it has to have some serious internal conflicts, the poor word means two opposites.
I wait for help & trust in fate.
And I prepare for the worst.
I wonder how that happened?

etymonline says:

providence (n.)

late 14c., "foresight, prudent anticipation, timely care or preparation," from Old French providence "divine providence, foresight" (12c.) and directly from Latin providentia "foresight, precaution, foreknowledge," abstract noun from present-participle stem of providere "look ahead, prepare, supply, act with foresight," which is from pro "ahead" (see pro-) + videre "to see" (from PIE root *weid- "to see").

Providence (usually capitalized) "God as beneficent caretaker of his creatures," is recorded c. 1600, from earlier use of the word for "God's beneficent care, guardianship, or guidance" (late 14c., short for divine providence, etc.). The noun in classical Latin occasionally was used as the name of a goddess and in Late Latin as "God; the government of the world by God's infinite wisdom and foresight."

To forsee. Back with the ancients and for a very long time I'm pretty sure it was easier, mostly you'd live pretty much the same life as your parents. And to some degree of their parents.
But now could you tell what your children's lives will be like?
Try to prepare them for it. But what exactly?

I think we don't even have a choice anymore. We are at a point where it's basically impossible for one person to know everything we as species know.
Our knowledge is now basically bigger than our ability to comprehend it. Holistically.
Isn't that amazing?
I mean: who are we collecting that information for? It's for sure not us. We have a very hard time connecting facts.
It's very recently that we started to share notes outside our expert-bubbles.
Even younger than psychology. lol meaning: we need still to push forward.

Providence to prepare for the Will of God.

Or small-g gods? If you want to go Anunnaki(?) is that the 'gold' they're after?
Or is time a circle and that which will come is preparing its birth? A super AI we have to build because it is the seed of intelligence in our universe.
How would we know? I believe that's where the comfort aspect comes in. You decide and you prepare for that.
The moment you die you'll find out if you were right.
The problem is none of us is in a position to know.
It's not like the public has a mole in the relevant caste. I mean sure you can work to be president. Or any politician. But after you went through the process, will you be the same?
Or will you feel important? Better than the rest. Part of a clique. POWER!!!

It would seem to me in life there are a lot of those situations where you can see a 'has to fail' trap inbuilt.
We really have to fix our issues. Mostly how our political system incapacitates citizens. Sovereign my ass.
They have really taken the position of Providence for us.
They decide how we prepare and for what.
And we have to trust it will be their will.

edit on 3-10-2022 by Peeple because: oopsey

new topics

join