It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortality - Deathlessness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser
While humanity is not eternal in my belief, the fallen angels
In my opinion, are. Jesus addressed this issue in Luke 20:35-36, when he said, "But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.”

Death is over for those who can now die, not for those who have eternal life, angels.
I don’t pretend to have all the answers, just my opinion
No church or body governs my opinion
Believe or not, it will all be revealed in time

The bible uses poetry and metaphor, maybe hell fire is burning conscience not literal fire

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

True, the fallen angels are not as frail or die as humans do. But they are not immortal. They will be put to death along with Satan the Devil. That is the whole theme of the Bible as set out in Genesis 3:15. The crushing of the head of the serpent.

There is a difference between everlasting and immortal. That is a distinction many fail to realize exists. For example, the Bible promises that humankind will always reside on earth and that the righteous will live forever on it (See Psalms 37:29.) But those who gain eternal life on earth will not gain immortality. While they will be perfect and never grow old, get sick, or die, they still can die. Say if they throw themselves off a high cliff. They will still be bound to the laws of physics.

Immortality can only be possessed by spirit creatures. And since prophecy tells us that Satan and his demons will be destroyed they cannot be immortal. They will die.

Immortality was never given as something innate in any of God’s sentient creatures to begin with. If Satan never would have sinned, it never would have been offered either.

Imagine if God had created Satan and the demons (while they were still angels) with immortality. They could never die. And evil would always exist. That is why immortality was only given to Jesus AFTER he proved loyal unto death. He earned the right to receive the reward by means of the sufferings he went through. And that is also why the 144,000 are rewarded with immortality (not just everlasting life). Because they are tested all the days of their life, and they have to die loyal and faithful to Jehovah. They will have gone through tests that God allowed Satan to put them through that earns them the reward of immortality, and they will be lifted up above the angelic creation. Because the angels never went through, never had to go through, what we had to.
edit on 26-9-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
"Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.”
John 8:51

"And when this mortal hath put on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: Death is swallowed up in victory."
1 Corinthians 15:54

Why would we need to die? Was Christ's sacrifice not sufficient to atone for all sin forever?

"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies, but everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"
John 11:26

Most people are waiting for their resurrection, yet we can lay claim to our birthright while we still live. But who's willing to lay down the nets that ensnare them to follow Christ?

It is true, that millions now living will never die. Revelation 7:9 tells us that a “great crowd” which no man could number will come out alive after Armageddon. They will be alive on earth during the thousand year reign to welcome back the untold millions/billions of dead to teach them the truth about Jehovah God and his son Jesus Christ.

Those who are called to heavenly life have to die. Because flesh and blood cannot inherent the kingdom. When God’s spirit adopted sons put on immortality it will be as spirit creatures in heaven in the divine image of their Father, Jehovah God, and their brother, Jesus Christ.

Notice the Bible tells us that the called and chosen anointed congregation that will go to heaven are “sons of God” and “brothers” of Jesus Christ, when it says that Jesus was patterned for those brothers of his that were to follow, it is referring to the superior form of life he was given after being raised to heaven. Before coming to earth he was God’s first and only direct creation, although extremely powerful, he was still an angel living in the spirit plane of existence. Upon being raised to heaven he was kindly given the name above all names and all things were subjected to him. Except for his God of course, and raised above the spirit plane and put on the divine plane.

”Because those whom he gave his first recognition he also foreordained to be patterned after the image of his Son, so that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. ”-Romans 8:29.

That all those called to heaven MUST first die is told us, those who have been called are clearly shown that when they receive the spirit adoption of sons (the anointing of the holy spirit) they are baptized to be dead ones:

Otherwise, what will they do who are being baptized for the purpose of being dead ones? If the dead are not to be raised up at all, why are they also being baptized for the purpose of being such?.”-1 Corinthians 15:29.

If you read that whole chapter of 1 Corinthians 15 you will see a precise explanation of what being raised a spirit anointed son as an immortal being entails. Just as a seed first has to die in order to grow, so too, the seed that is planted in the called and chosen, in order for it to bloom, the human creature must die, and then is raised as an immortal spirit being in a body patterned after the image of their adopted brother, Jesus Christ.

I will show something to you. And this was personally revealed to me. Jesus Christ loves those called and chosen so much, and he wants them to be with him in heaven, so that they may see the glory his Father gave him:

Father, I want those whom you have given me to be with me where I am, in order that they may look upon my glory that you have given me, because you loved me before the founding of the world. ”-John 17:24.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Yeah John chapter's 15, 16, and 17 are dense with some intense promises. We are all extremely privileged to even speak His name, let alone be His brother. May our actions resemble how great our gift is. And as always, with God anything is possible, so we should not limit what God says, especially when it is reiterated in Scripture!

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 04:18 AM
link   
There isn't any thing separate from the one light.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What did Bones from Star Trek say, out of all the galaxies, suns an planets, there is only one of me.

Reincarnation sounds like starting a new game until you find the right build or items, where Resurrection sounds like using phoenix downs on a Saved File. Pun intended.

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   
You can’t ‘earn’ immortality. It’s not through anything that you do that you are saved.

But through grace

posted on Jun, 9 2023 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
You can’t ‘earn’ immortality. It’s not through anything that you do that you are saved.

But through grace

That's what scripture says. It is a gift bestowed on the faithful. It is not something that everyone has.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Death is the Great Teacher.

Until you have understanding of Life, you will die.

Once Death is conquered, All will know the Light.

Save those who reject it, and closed off their Heart.

posted on Jun, 10 2023 @ 04:34 AM
link   

'Nirvana' is literally translated from the Sanskrit as 'extinction/snuffed out'. This liberation from continual rebirth and suffering is the result of enlightenment, which occurs when our ignorance about the nature of existence and the false belief in a self is eradicated.

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

But through grace

Yes, but after that you have to do something or else

John 15:5 "I am the vine and you are the branches. The one who remains in Me, and I in him, will bear much fruit. For apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in Me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers. Such branches are gathered up, thrown into the fire, and burned."

Galatians 5:4 "you have fallen away from grace"
edit on 12-6-2023 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on Jun, 12 2023 @ 04:56 AM
link   
A candle has a wick.

No rest for the wicked.

Is there really a someone inside the body?
If there seems to be then there will be no rest, no peace.

If there's no one separate from the one life then who will die?

The one life is what is actual.....this that is never not here.....just what's happening.

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Pray for us sinners that we may fear the one able to destroy the soul.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join