It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Only True Power We Have is Personal Boycott

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
My father always told me when I was growing up “The only true power we have, is personal boycott.”

You’ll understand this statement more, as we continue.

Hooray!!!! ‘We are going to own nothing — and be happy.’

Social credit scores.

Cashless society.

A 1984 dystopia, at its finest.

A technocratic wet dream, is the world we already inhabit.

Yay! And if that’s not sweet enough — we get to experience an economic collapse before all that INCREDIBLENESS!!!

I got to tell you, I’m feeling so excited it’s Carlton time!!!

If you think people are crazy now, oh you just wait for when they are in complete and utter lack of necessities.

Therefore, after MUCH contemplation (probably too much), I’m done!!! I finally came to the conclusion yesterday (been pulling at me for years since the scamdemic), it’s finally time to rip off the bandaid. It’s time to sell the biz and bail the hell out of the western world. Time to go live a simpler life.

I refuse the ‘great reset’.

I deny anyone the power to control me.

I will be ahead of the game.

Take me off the list, because you’ll have a hell of a time finding me anyways.

Nobody makes it off this rock alive. So why do you care to control me so damn much?

A sandy beach awaits, with nothing but a flip phone for communication to my loved ones in the states.

P.S. You bastards won’t win. There are too many like me. Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame (shame).

P.S.S I’ve heard that Karma is a BITCH!

No strings on me.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

My father always told me when I was growing up “The only true power we have, is personal boycott.”

Not anymore.

2010's or arguably before then, yes. It might have worked, but no "sane" person would attempt at the time.

Just now, this is exactly what they want the slaves to do. Boycott.

People just do not seem to get it. This is the end of the Capitalist (non-capitalist) way of life, it has been dead since the 2000's. Hidden, and we are going back from free range livestock to caged livestock.

PS: I sincerely hope you are correct and I (nothing but a fart in the wind) am wrong

edit on 21-9-2022 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   

OK, where you going to escape all this?

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Learn Japanese
Sell you business
Move to Japan
Open up a business
Might be easier then you think
Thousands of Indians here have done just by opening up Indian restaurants

Good luck

For me I'm starting a new business and I'm almost 70

It takes wits to survive in this country, but with some hope and guidance you can do it

Check first to see how much money is required for such visa and residence

Good luck my friend

I agree, although I feel America is falling apart at it seams and with no hope of returning normal again, all I see now is a loss of the free spirit of " I can do it ".

GO FOR IT

edit on 0900000043392022-09-21T21:39:43-05:00394309pm9 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   
A boycott could work, but it would absolutely REQUIRE a boycott on the "big box" stores.

No more shopping at Wal-Mart or Target. Lowe's and Home Depot would be off-limits. Kroger's, Albertson's, Safeway, Aldi's...sayanora. You would have to get everyone you know, to shop at local small businesses.

You would also need to apply serious pressure on those businesses, that sponsor local MSM affiliates. That is how you choke off the broadcast networks... locally.

The head of this snake is monetary. Kill the funding, kill the snake.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

Don’t you see, if we do t partake, there is no capitalism, or the collapse there of.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: whiteboyrick

OK, where you going to escape all this?

That’s the exciting part! I’ve got all the time in the world to figure that out.

I’m thinking 3 months to lock down a location.

I’m feeling frisky! Who’s with me?!

LOL
edit on 21-9-2022 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

From all the threads you’ve been making about Japan recently - I’m going to take a hard pass. Thanks anyway…. 🍻
Asia ain’t my thang.

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
A boycott could work, but it would absolutely REQUIRE a boycott on the "big box" stores.

No more shopping at Wal-Mart or Target. Lowe's and Home Depot would be off-limits. Kroger's, Albertson's, Safeway, Aldi's...sayanora. You would have to get everyone you know, to shop at local small businesses.

You would also need to apply serious pressure on those businesses, that sponsor local MSM affiliates. That is how you choke off the broadcast networks... locally.

All part of the plan. I’m thinking shellfish. Spear fishing. A campfire 🔥 next to the ocean cooking up all the goodness. ABSOLUTELY, no Walmart required And abhorred!

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

All part of the plan. I’m thinking shellfish. Spear fishing. A campfire 🔥 next to the ocean cooking up all the goodness. ABSOLUTELY, no Walmart required And abhorred!

Watch your local news affiliates, and note their advertisers. Let their advertisers know that we are done with corporate lies... then shut them all down. That is where to start.

Demand honesty from our politicians. We pay their salaries... it's not the other way around; we need to remind them of that.
edit on 21-9-2022 by madmac5150 because: Yarrgh

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   

That sounds awesome!

I had a guy during the beginning of Covid ask me if I wanted to build a treehouse with him; I had mentioned I would love to do just that, and he was shocked he met someone else who thought the same.

Of course, I just met the guy in a store thru small talk so obviously that was never going to happen. I even shot down the date thing, as I had a teen living at home, and basically trust no one!

I still think about it and wish I could check out of society. Or at least move! Trapped in a society I can’t stand anymore.

People are beyond rude now, people in traffic getting crazy, have a neighbor that leaves their poor cat on the deck 24/7 and it cries all the time (why have a cat?). No sleep from cat, neighbors.

I literally think tent living might be an improvement lately. Just got a new electric bill (double what it normally is),my sister did as well (she’s been working doubles for months, hardly ever home.

So happy for you for getting out! Enjoy, life is short!

posted on Sep, 21 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Yep I do see, and many others do too, but that ship sailed a long time ago when it comes to consumer power or withdrawing all funds from banks etc (read up on open banking for starters - all youre personal sh*t aint so personal now and done whilst all locked down)

If you have watched what they do and ignored what is said as below, then you can see the ruse, that leads to above (with a dash of humble pie and balls of steel)

There is absolutely no escape from this now and as usual scapegoating for the win via media or whatever else makes one feel better about losing on either imaginary side strokes the ego.
We lost the battle, but there is still the long war for the taking as always.

ETA: some of the boycott the "brand" comments in here like you actually have any power left

Wake up. We lost and what we lost as a collective, is being dismantled to make way for the new order. Speak with the younger (under 25's), they want this and worship the "new normal".

edit on 22-9-2022 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   

This. ^^^^

You have to cut off the centralization. In all manner of things.

Although it's not contextual, the saying "those who would sacrifice liberty for a piece of security deserve niether," aptly applies.

Security being your status quo or comfort.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

This. ^^^^

You have to cut off the centralization. In all manner of things.

Although it's not contextual, the saying "those who would sacrifice liberty for a piece of security deserve niether," aptly applies.

Security being your status quo or comfort.

Our security is guaranteed by the Second Amendment. It always has been.

My state is a Constitutional Carry state.

Is yours?
edit on 22-9-2022 by madmac5150 because: ??

To be clear. My home state is a constitutional carry state... that does not mean that we always resort to gun play. That doesn't happen here. A few weeks ago, a Sheriffs deputy showed up at my door. I didn't answer the door with a shotgun... I answered with a handshake. That's how we do things here.

Why was the Sheriff's deputy there? Why did he invade our "safe space". He was there to warn us of a cougar preying on our local livestock.

Welcome to North Idaho...

edit on 22-9-2022 by madmac5150 because: Its all true

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 12:21 AM
link   

The Only True Power We Have is Personal Boycott

The only true power comes from many people participating in a boycott. It's called collective bargaining.
Like what's happening at Starbucks currently.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Good luck with your adventure but doesn't leaving your loved ones behind sort of defeat the purpose?

And where would one go to escape the boundaries of globalism?

If you're so inclined, check out Tristan da Cunha.

But I fear you are merely delaying the inevitable.

I would love to hear more of your adventures though as you embark on this journey.

May you find what you are searching for.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I refuse the ‘great reset’.

I deny anyone the power to control me.

I will be ahead of the game.

Ironically, believing this makes you more controllable.

You can thank Edward Bernays.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar
Tree house??? Tell the man he's an idiot. Only joking. A tree house wont work as a tree continuously grows, always moving, at a slow rate but still moving. A house is a solid structure, will not move, therefore bad news for the house over a period of time. A better idea, a log house.

I've had this "discussion" before. Word semantics, "personal boycott" "collective bargaining" ALL phrases to explain unions striking. Collective "union", bargaining, don't get what you want, Boycott "striking". Whoops your personal boycott suddenly turns into a communistic tactic.

None of you don't say "that is not what I meant", because that's what it is.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Good luck with your adventure but doesn't leaving your loved ones behind sort of defeat the purpose?

Maybe some of them will join me someday. The only ones I really care about are my kids. The youngest is out of high school next May.

How am I delaying the inevitable? I plan on integrating myself with a small community close to the beach somewhere. I want no part of western ideology. I’m done with the BS.

posted on Sep, 22 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Well thank you! I just don’t see why anyone who wants to get out doesn’t do it. It’s our own minds that place these restrictions on us. Believe you’re free and you will be. Well, not in the states that is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join