It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian MSM ignoring Costs of Living Protests in Europe, Getting Nervous for Fallout?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   
In Canada the Canadian MSM outlets had widely being ignoring the Euporean Living costs protests that had being happening in Europe for the past current week and still happening in some other areas.

There had being no news of the protests that had being happening in Europe by the Canadian MSM or CNN for the past few weeks. Italy had being hit the hardest with the energy crisis caused by sanctions/war in Ukraine and rising inflation on Italy that had being rising for the past few years.

For the past terms during the reign of the Justin Trudeau gov and Liberals they had being ignoring the housing crisis and the rising inflation under the admin of Justin Trudeau.

The Canadian liberals had offered no real long term solutions on fixing the rising inflation in the country.

European cost-of-living crisis leads to protests in Germany and Italy
edit on 15-9-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Lemme guess. State-mandated er, assisted suicide for dignities sake being the 6th leading cause of death there also isn’t on the nightly news.

posted on Sep, 15 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Had a good sale on Folgers coffee this week at a store, a twenty six point nine ounce can of coffee was eight ninety nine, and if you spent over twenty five bucks there was a ten dollar coupon. Three cans of Folgers for sixteen ninety seven after the coupon...that was around 5.67 a can. We went there twice to raise our stock up...now we have a years supply in stock.

I'm not a hoarder, I am a cheapskate. We did not go there just for the coffee, both trips were made for a couple of reasons to that area. Hmmm....we have to go feed the daughters cats Saturday, the sale is still on and the store is only about the equivelant of six blocks out of the way...maybe we should get three more. I guess there is a drought issue in parts of South American and there was also areas of flooding which is going to cut down the amounts of the harvests. Tie that to inflation and I bet cans of coffee will be over eleven bucks a can in another three months on sale. Anyone been checking out the regular price on coffee not on sale, it is already between eleven and thirteen bucks a can.

I wonder how the cocoa beans are doing down there, that could effect the price of chocolates.

I keep track of production of some of the more important things to us. Cod is way up, and I did not buy enough because I did not believe the sales would disappear, we only have four dinners worth in the freezer. It sucks, and fishfries have gone way up in price too, and all you can eat fish fries are disappearing. Getting bumbed out.

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I've been paying attention to where the chicory grows around here.

Cocoa beans, that will be a problem to acquire, black pepper as well.There are dwarf coffee plants you can grow indoors, not sure about cocoa or black pepper though. Salt is a must, Michigan has salt thank goodness. We shall see what way the winds will blow soon enough and what will be available at what prices.
edit on 16-9-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Does the Canadian media cover much in the way of European protests?

I know that the US media doesn't really cover them a lot of the time?

When was the last time the big networks did any in depth coverage of the protests over changes to the pension system in France and Spain, for example?

posted on Sep, 16 2022 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

I've been paying attention to where the chicory grows around here.

Cocoa beans, that will be a problem to acquire, black pepper as well.There are dwarf coffee plants you can grow indoors, not sure about cocoa or black pepper though. Salt is a must, Michigan has salt thank goodness. We shall see what way the winds will blow soon enough and what will be available at what prices.

I can't consume much chicory at all, and my granddaughter has to totally avoid it. I got the ragweed allergy but not much problems with histamine detox unless I overload the system...but my granddaughter has a lack of certain enzymes to detox histamines and it really bothers her if she eats chicory. She also cannot eat any green pepper, again it is related somehow to ragweed. But I can eat some green peppers, but not a real lot. Instead of green peppers in omlets, we put broccoli, the wife has no problems with ragweed so I compromised because she wanted piles of it in an omlet. I have a hard time getting oxygen out of breathing if I eat those foods in the ragweed family or that share chemistry with ragweed. My problem is not a true allergy, just an intolerance, the granddaughters is an allergy tied to an intolerance.

I dislike coffee that has chicory in it, I haven't drank any of those coffees that have weird stuff in them for thirty five years, I like hundred percent coffee, and not the super aged stuff, the regular medium roast coffee that is only moderately aged beans. I learned a lot from my granddaughters husband's dad who roasts coffee beans and sells the coffee either in beans or ground. He has a nice setup. He orders about eight kinds of beans and blends them. I get some and add some of it to my hills brothers or Folgers coffee, it really increases the flavor. It is about twenty bucks a one and a half pound bag, but I like it too much when it is pure, I don't like getting entitled and spending that much on coffee. Blending it makes it good but not addicting.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Your granddaughter's father in law sounds like he's got an impressive set up. My older brother used to have an excellent reloading operation. In either case though, you need the raw materials to be able to manufacture the end product. You'd have to grow the coffee beans somehow, or have a number of sources and the infrastructure to get it. I could see how expensive his coffee (all coffee) will be in the near future.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Your granddaughter's father in law sounds like he's got an impressive set up. My older brother used to have an excellent reloading operation. In either case though, you need the raw materials to be able to manufacture the end product. You'd have to grow the coffee beans somehow, or have a number of sources and the infrastructure to get it. I could see how expensive his coffee (all coffee) will be in the near future.

There is a coffee tree that grows in Southern Finland from what I read. But I could not find the name of it to get some seeds to grow it. Coffee trees do not do good in the kind of winters we have up here, but that might work here or it may work farther down in places like Escanaba. I thought if I could get the seeds or full beans, I might be able to start them and give them to some people I know down by escanaba. It did not say how the coffee from those beans tasted in that article though, I wonder if they even taste like coffee when roasted?

Went out today and bought another three cans of coffee....to save money in the future, not to prep for anything. We now have twenty two cans of coffee in stock, enough to last for about a year and two months and the dates on the cans are in late twenty three and up to mid twenty four so we will use them before the best by date. $5.67 is a pretty good price right now for a twenty six ounce can of coffee.
edit on 17-9-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
In Canada the Canadian MSM outlets had widely being ignoring the Euporean Living costs protests that had being happening in Europe for the past current week and still happening in some other areas.

European cost-of-living crisis leads to protests in Germany and Italy

The link you have provided shows, when it comes to Germany, a protest of the russian-leaning/financed left party (5% votes) in Germany. Note the banners "people over profits" and "Social is Left". I honestly do not see how this local occurence would be a protest requiring international attention. :-)

Apart from this, there also some local protests by the right wing party (13% votes). But that is it - for the time being, there are no other street protests going on in Germany.
edit on 18-9-2022 by carport because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've not seen anything much about any protests on the continent either and I'm in England.

Is it a conspiracy or is it that what with all the news in Canada alongside the war in Ukraine and the death of Queen Elizabeth II there's not much call for it on the MSM?

You decide.

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: vNex92

Does the Canadian media cover much in the way of European protests?

I know that the US media doesn't really cover them a lot of the time?

When was the last time the big networks did any in depth coverage of the protests over changes to the pension system in France and Spain, for example?

top topics

join