It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were the Knights Templar Devil Worshippers?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I highly doubt they converted to Islam since they seem to have attacked Muslims and additionally Islam doesn't feature worshipping idols of heads and practicing witchcraft.

The interesting thing about the Templars though is their name. Their full name was "The Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and the Temple of Solomon." We all know what Solomon was supposedly doing in Christianity and Judaism. However, in Islam he was not doing that. The Ars Goetia and all the "Jewish magick" is usually attributed to Solomon because Christians and Jews generally believe Solomon was led into idolatry and sorcery, however, the Islamic version of the story is different and Muslims don't believe Solomon ever worshipped idols but rather that people thought he worshipped idols and used that as their excuse to try to practice magic to attempt to replicate his powers as the prophet with the help of devils. One of the angels who taught them after saying "This is a test so please don't learn magic from me" is also generally considered to be the basis of Marduk from Mesopotamian paganism.

Additionally, being "shy accountants" is more or less why King Philip IV of France burnt the Knights Templar at the stake. They got away with lending at interest (usury) at a time when that was illegal. They might have also been the Knights of the Temple of the Beast with Two Backs.

www.theguardian.com...

www.glbtqarchive.com...

Additionally, Friday the 13th is infamous because it was the day their order really ended. We all know which group has its holiest day on Friday. Additionally, 13 is 11 in base 12, and base 12 seems preferred over base 10 by superstitious people, in addition to us all knowing how much superstitious people enjoy the number 11.

www.history.com...

The Knights Templar at least seemed not the brightest with their Muslim witchcraft (horribly inaccurate Tengrist?) LARPing and kissing each other's rear ends while saying blasphemies for "training," but another issue is the Vatican formally absolves them of the charges... even though they seem to have been breaking purported Christian laws and engaging in ursury at least. Was the Vatican in full support of them as they engaged in Devil worship and that is why this is covered up?

www.history.com...

I fully expect the Spanish Inquisition due to this thread, so ask and debate away!

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I don't see "Devil worship" in any of the links you supplied and I think thats a pretty much needed link with the claims you're making?

Phillip IV of France was in a lot of debt to the Templars, who also owned a lot of land in france. By removing the Templars, he could claim their monies and land for the crown.
Many of the Templars were tortured to get their confessions of Devil worship and many were withdrawn after.

There are dozens of stories around the Templars from worshipping John the Baptists head, finding the Lost Ark beneath the Temple of Solomon and some believe they thought Christianity was a continuation of ancient Egyptian mythology.

King Philip of France owed a massive amount of money to the Templars and the Order had a large fortress in Paris reputedly sitting on large stocks of deposited bullion. These are the facts that many believe led King Philip to crush the Templars.

During a riot over a currency devaluation, the king fled to the security of the Templar fortress and reputedly, while there, couldn’t help noticing the vast amount of wealth the order possessed.

Why Did Phillip IV crush the Templars

This is a good site too..
The Templar Knight

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Coeruleum

history shows Pope Clement and King Phillip *the fair* decided if they made up some wild sh!t about the Templars, they could avoid their debt and perhaps steal some treasure. They did, and the Templars scattered and went into hiding. And to this day, there are people who aren't smart enough to see the obvious lies. Worshiping Christ, then spitting on the cross in the next breath. Sounds totally logical.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Were the Knights Templar Devil Worshippers?

Simply put "No"

It was all about the money, debt owed, and land the Templars held sway over.
edit on 11-9-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I think they knew the alchemical secret in how to turn lead into gold, the ark of God beneath the temple of Solomon points to somewhere in the human body, we are hermaphrodites waiting to happen

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: GoldGoo9

Catch up on research....you're so far out there...if you did, you'd know.

I've got 123 vids, sites etc on the Templars going back to '98.

Absorb all info out there. Yours is 180°wrong. The info is out there. Then modify and get back to us.....Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I don't do much reading anymore, but yeah you could be right, the red cross on the white background symbolises satan worship, and not turning lead into gold which is the opposite, no oaths to keep here, but I still don't like to say to much, as I don't know much, but I know the some big Ones

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
not so interesting... power wealth and in competition with the Hospitaller,

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
NO

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
They might have also been the Knights of the Temple of the Beast with Two Backs.

Since the beginning of time, it seem loose women have been attracted to men of wealth and power. Hence the world’s oldest occupation. I suspect it was greed and jealousy that drove Phillip to overthrow the Knights Templar. The only blasphemy that occurred was in Philips black heart.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Catch up on research....you're so far out there...if you did, you'd know.

I've got 123 vids, sites etc on the Templars going back to '98.

Absorb all info out there. Yours is 180°wrong. The info is out there. Then modify and get back to us.....Peace

I only have a superficial knowledge of the Templars. I'm trying to find some good info. I just got the Malcolm Barber book "The New Knighthood: A History of the Order of the Temple" (It's highly regarded)

I also heard that this was a great book: The Regine Pernoud book "The Templars: Knights of Christ"

Any advice would be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ha, evil bankers in a dimly lit subterranean chamber chanting,

Bee Zel Bub, Bee Zel Bub, Bee Zel Bub, Bee Zel Bub

while the head Templar prays saying,

Oh Evil One ruler of the underworld and hell on earth please fill our vaults and coffers while we do your bidding looting gold and silver and sending souls to your dominion stealing them away from Yahweh and Yahshua the false god of the Hebrews and Christians.

Please,

no they were just greedy everyday sinners, who figured they might as well make a buck. think of them as early televangelists.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Here is a radical thought for all ideas Templar:

Perhaps...they DID find a way to "transmute" "things"....as in finance and banking...

It's just not the "water into wine, rocks into Gold)....but loaning little, gaining much...

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Lost Templar Fleet
Templars and the Holy Grail
Templars and the Lost City
Templars in America

For starters.. YouTube

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
When they were arrested and examined, they were in the hands of ruthless torturers, and everything we think we know about their beliefs may well be derived from the heated imaginations of other people. So there is no point in either blaming them or praising them for these alleged beliefs.

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

it depends what you want to know.. i've an interest in my local area that just happens to link into the templars.. so I would step outside the box and do some research of your own it can be more rewarding as so much gets lost in the cracks..

so passing some of mine over, a good place to start is looking for Templar and crusader ports.. in England that would be new Shoreham with the house of de Braose, new Shoreham was used by Templars and Hospitallers..

Thinking of the turmoil in if you where a templar fleeing persecution would you not head to a friendly port guarded by a friendly fleet or somewhere strange..

i feel at times simplicity get lost in grand narratives.. but the simple can be more rewarding for instance the de Payens family also came over with William the Conquer and where given a seat outside Lewes as a reward, from that we know the English surnames Paines, Payens etc (eg Tom Paine) should all be able to track their family line to the Norman invasion and that seat in Lewes,

In Lewes there is also the Lost templar church of the holy sepulchre? there is question marks if Hugh de Payen visited it while in England ras he'd be local trying to raises funds from some of the richest families in the last 1,000 years of world histrory, you can even crowbar in clan Sinclair as King Alexander III sent the clan to fight for king Henry at the battle of Lewes..

the thing is you won't find much of this in those books as its not all grand conspiracies, in this narrative the richest of rich people hide things like a missing church of the holy sepulchre.. that none has seen for near 700 years.

www.british-history.ac.uk...
extract
The parish of St. Sepulchre was in existence by 1237 when a messuage there, in the high street of Lewes, was given to the fraterer of the priory of St. Pancras, (fn. 270) and there is a reference to the tithing of St. Sepulchre in 1287. (fn. 271) Probably this consisted of the group of tenants of the Knights Templars mentioned in 1278, (fn. 272) and on the suppression of the order their chapel no doubt ceased to be used; this in 1337 was one of the churches said to be decayed

there is so much that has dropped through the cracks through things like subtle name changes.. as topics go I only stumbled on really while trying to work out why the locals are so anti Rome and the Pope..

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

and where would you flee in that case? to a friendly Templar port like new Shoreham or somewhere unknown and strange, its one of the subtexts that bothers me with these grand narratives as they ignore the human responses..

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It was about money, pure and simple. The king of France wanted it, the Templars had it. End of story.

Except the Templars were quite intriguing. Baphomet wasn’t the devil and it’s hard to tell how much he was entwined. Certainly the Templars found a trove of knowledge and science leading to the great cathedral building in Europe. They were not actually against Islam, though they initially fought Muslims. They journeyed deep into Africa - also exceedingly likely the Americas.

I think their faith was not simple and no longer entirely Christian, but devil worshipping is unlikely. Now who, really, was the morning star?

posted on Sep, 11 2022 @ 09:03 PM
link   

DeMolay's sycophants started the Scottish rite .. so there is your answer! .. just got worse from there.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kennyb72

Worse for who?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join