It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnetic Pulse Shielding Mitigations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:31 AM
link   
This could come relevant some day, we can never predict how Sun will act in future, and if ? there would be man made EMP ?

Shield Critical Infrastructure from Electromagnetic Pulses, DHS Says

The National Public Warning System offers a model for defending other vital systems and services.

DHS report for electromagnetic pulse shielding mitigations

The Department of Homeland Security’s Science and Technology Directorate on Tuesday released a report outlining a series of best practices that local, state and federal agencies—and private-sector partners—should implement to protect critical infrastructure services from electromagnetic pulses.

DHS’s Electromagnetic Pulse Shielding Mitigations report—which includes input from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency and feedback from industry and government representatives—builds on the best practices used to protect the National Public Warning System, the network of radio stations that allows the U.S. president to communicate with the American public during a national emergency.

Electromagnetic pulses, whether caused by an intentional EMP attack or a naturally occurring geomagnetic disturbance from severe space weather, could disrupt critical infrastructure such as the electrical grid, communications equipment, water and wastewater systems, and transportation modes,” Kathryn Coulter Mitchell, DHS' senior official performing the duties of the undersecretary for science and technology, said in a statement. “This could impact millions of people over large parts of the country. It is critical to protect against the potential damage an EMP event could cause.”

edit on 9-9-2022 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If there is such a thing they should wrap it around all power stations and generators in the world.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Ask yourself this, does the DHS know any contractors who might - for a small fee - do this stuff for you?

The Military Industrial Complex has a long and storied history of telling you about problems, and then knowing a guy who knows a guy, who might be able to fix it for you.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Why would i ask DHS anything , i am living in other continent than where DHS is .

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   

That is one good reason to avoid contacting the DHS about anything hah ... another good reason is that the DHS is corrupt as all hell!

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Why would i ask DHS anything , i am living in other continent than where DHS is .

Let's see, could it be because they are a multi-trillion dollar agency with their fingers in more pies than I can count?

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Not going to protect them, the power lines are connected to the transformers and expose them to a greater risk because of their length and surface area.

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I highly recommend this web site with more information about EMPs than you can imagine.

EMP Myths

As an example:

E1, E2 and E3: Most EMP myths originate because people do not understand about the three components of nuclear EMP. The difference between E1 and E3 is especially important. I have a separate page explaining E1, E2 and E3. To a certain extent, all nuclear weapons will generate all of these components of EMP, especially when detonated at high altitude. It is especially important to note that solar storms are only known to produce an E3 component at ground level. (Solar storms can damage electronics in space, but the mechanism is different from the nuclear weapon mechanism for generating E1.) A severe solar storm could knock the large sections of the electrical power grid out for years, but solar storms would not damage electronics equipment at ground level that is not connected to the electrical power grid or other very long lines.

edit on 9-9-2022 by billxam because: added quote from external source

posted on Sep, 9 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   
*shrugs* when I flew on AWACS the only thing that had a faraday cage was the radios.

to say we are vulnerable to an emp attack is like saying water is wet.

Yes there are ways to protect but as far as I know none of those ways are easy to implement or useful in day to day operations.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

Ok thanks, i will check it out

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

And i thought all MIL equipment has the protection by design, so that is not the case ?

new topics

top topics

join