It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rather Large Explosion UKR 1000 kg TNT equivalent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
A rather large explosion in Russian occupied Balalaika has been recorded by some magnetic anomaly sleuths

"Huge explosion just now in Russian occupied #Balalaika. 9/4/22

@typicaldonetsk
). Magnetic anomaly shows very sharp atmospheric resonance. Indicates a very powerful blast more like 1 kiloton of TNT equivalent. Looking forward to additional ground truth.

Reference

(1,000 kilograms) of TNT. In other words, for each gram of TNT exploded, 4.184 kilojoule

Nukes generally have an explosive yield/equivalent of about about 300 kilotons of TNT

LINK

Probably another very large ammunition depot got HIMAR'd
edit on 4-9-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Looks like it was much smaller...

Richard Cordaro
@rrichcord
·
39m
You are correct. I said wrong when I stated 1000 kg of TNT. Should be more like 1 kiloton of TNT. Thanks for catching my mistake!

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
A rather large explosion in Russian occupied Balalaika

Excuse me, your link is not loading for me, but I would like to know where in Ukraine there is a settlement called Balalaika?

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

Excuse me, your link is not loading for me, but I would like to know where in Ukraine there is a settlement called Balalaika?

Is twitter blocked in russia?

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MidnightWatcher

Is twitter blocked in russia?

Yes.

edit on 9 4 2022 by turretless because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Looks like it was much smaller...

Richard Cordaro
@rrichcord
·
39m
You are correct. I said wrong when I stated 1000 kg of TNT. Should be more like 1 kiloton of TNT. Thanks for catching my mistake!

Did he just say it was 1kt?

Isn't that tactical nuke size?

Just want to make sure I have that right before starting some digging.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Balakliia

Looks like it's just a difference in spelling.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Balakliia

This might help: Балаклія

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightWatcher

Yeah, I think that's the yeild of the smallest nukes. I don't know much about that. The same poster who pointed out the error in the Twitter thread said...

Pardon my lack of knowledge about resonance, but 1 ton of TNT regarding any kind of ammo depot isn’t anything spectacular.

I think there is some confusion there.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Yeah, I think that's the yeild of the smallest nukes. I don't know much about that. The same poster who pointed out the error in the Twitter thread said...

Pardon my lack of knowledge about resonance, but 1 ton of TNT regarding any kind of ammo depot isn’t anything spectacular.

The confusion on my part is whether they are saying 1 ton or 1 kiloton? BIG difference.

1 ton isn't all that remarkable given the recent HIMARS ammo dump strikes, but 1 kiloton is something I don't think we've seen in surface combat since Nagasaki @ 25 kt (several ship explosions, possibly including moskva were in the 1kt range though).

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Balakliia

Thank you, now it became clear that there is no Balalaika in Ukraine - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So it showed up magnetically?

That definitely means it was a baby nuke or an electro magnetic pulse weapon.

No conventional explosions, no matter the size, have a magnetic component to the blast.

Was that area an internet center or command center? That would explain the EMP weapon. If not then why use an EMP?
edit on 9 4 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Pretty much where it was going before OP clarification /before later correction ...

Baring in mind when i see his OP that was very elevated from previous, (hey ho) however no more than 5mins old from the OP

the videos posted in the same post/region appear to be older than the electromagnetic spikes so i'm gonna wait for on the ground conformation for now, expecting a decent size depot poof still though

edit on 4-9-2022 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   

1kt would be WAY bigger than anything we've seen there before, I'm waiting for the same thing.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Maybe they mean Balaclava, in Crimea. That would make more sense.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   

1kt would be WAY bigger than anything we've seen there before, I'm waiting for the same thing.

Yup

I mean this guy is solid, go through his post history to see what i mean his methods are fantastic but somewhat thrown under the rug?, deserve a thread in its self to honestest because there is a great history to this also

So when you see him say BIG explosion, most of those videos people posting from the same region aren't anywhere near the size of what he was originally referring to

honestly though he was in the realms of tactical nuke yields, but that is not so

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Yup

I mean this guy is solid, go through his post history to see what i mean his methods are fantastic but somewhat thrown under the rug?, deserve a thread in its self to honestest because there is a great history to this also

So when you see him say BIG explosion, most of those videos people posting from the same region aren't anywhere near the size of what he was originally referring to

honestly though he was in the realms of tactical nuke yields, but that is not so

I agree, part of the reason I can't debunk it is that he looks legit, so this 1t/1kt confusion is pretty frustrating.

Has it been confirmed that he only meant 1t now?

Cuz 1kt IS tactical nuke sized (barely).

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

No conventional explosions, no matter the size, have a magnetic component to the blast.

Was that area an internet center or command center? That would explain the EMP weapon. If not then why use an EMP?

I was....

I didn't even think of this. I'm looking at rsoe edits, ads-b to earthquake maps. An EMP sounds highly plausible. There was a nuclear power plant that lost its last power supply line a couple days back.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

I was....

I didn't even think of this. I'm looking at rsoe edits, ads-b to earthquake maps. An EMP sounds highly plausible. There was a nuclear power plant that lost its last power supply line a couple days back.

A nuclear power plant would be a dirty steam explosion, not a nuclear explosion. There is no magnetic pulse from a reactor explosion.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Thanks, this makes me feel better about one thing.

So an EMP sounds better.
youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join