It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter by James Webb space telescope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Strange that nobody posted these here, as these images are from quite a few days ago.

Here's Jupiter as seen by the JWST space telescope in inear-infrared.

New Webb images of Jupiter highlight the planet's features, including its turbulent Great Red Spot (shown in white here), in amazing detail. These images were processed by citizen scientist Judy Schmidt. The two images come from Webb's Near-Infrared Camera (NIRCam) instrument, which has three infrared specialized filters to showcase details of the planet. Since infrared light is invisible to the human eye, the light has been mapped onto the visible spectrum. Generally, the longest wavelengths appear more red and the shortest wavelengths are shown as more blue.

Erm... uploading images isn't working for some reason right now, so here's the IMGUR link: imgur.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Yeass.. very pretty, but I care not for gassy Jupitor or dessert Mars, they been saying 4ever that the first candidates of JWT would be exo-planets and therefor the search for life elsewhere, get on with the program NASA.

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider
Why not? When we can get such awe inspiring shots from our home solar system, I think we should do them all.

What point does it make searching for lightyear away planets and systems when we do not even know our back and front yard? First we should map out the solar system to see what is in our neighborhood, then look beyond.

I found these pictures to be awe inspiring, never seen such good shots. Sure, if it's dedicated for search of life outside the solar system it should be used for that task but why not use it for a while to check out our home solar planet.

edit on 29.8.2022 by TDDAgain because: tYpOoOoooos

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
a reply to: wildespace

Yeass.. very pretty, but I care not for gassy Jupitor or dessert Mars, they been saying 4ever that the first candidates of JWT would be exo-planets and therefor the search for life elsewhere, get on with the program NASA.

They've already done quite a few of exo-planets, and there's lots more planned. But it's just data, no pretty images.

join