It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is the Angel of the Lord

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Fairytales are for kids.

Take the conspiracy out of this nonsense and your left with BS.

Amen

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Jesus is not in the OT because the OT is almost entirely Jewish in origin - and you know what the Jews thought about him...

posted on Aug, 29 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It is only a contradiction when heart and mind are not aligned. When both are aligned, you open a door for Gods love to shine into the world. There have been some Christians in history that prove it so.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Deuteronomy 30/11-14 tells us the word is not received from an external source but already exists in our heart so we may do it. Whereas the word in Christianity is "spoken" from an external source .... 1 Thessalonians 2:13 "You received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God".

The hearts language is love.

Paul refers to Deuteronomy 30:14 at Romans 10:8 and applies it to what the Christian disciples are preaching (which is also what 1 Thess 2:13 is referring to):

8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your own mouth and in your own heart”; that is, “the word” of faith, which we are preaching. 9 For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation.

2 Cor 4:13:

13 Now because we have the same spirit of faith as that of which it is written: “I exercised faith, therefore I spoke”;+ we too exercise faith and therefore we speak, [+: referring to Ps 116:10]

After all... (continuing with Romans 10)

13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”+ 14 However, how will they call on him if they have not put faith in him? How, in turn, will they put faith in him about whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? 15 How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent out? Just as it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!” [+: Joel 2:32; Zephaniah 3:9; Acts 2:21]

Just to be clear, because Deuteronomy 30:14 says that “the word is very near you, in your own mouth”, it shows that those being addressed there also spoke about it. It was on their lips, is the English equivalent expression to the Hebrew 'in your mouth'. You seem to have only focused on “and in your own heart, so that you may do it.”
edit on 30-8-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographicOpinions within Christianity are divided over whether this was Jesus or not, it's certainly not a settled debate.

And the translation is also not settled. The angel of the Lord can also be translated to an angel of Lord. Keep in mind you are using a centuries old translation the KJV.

Let me give you an example, I can say the representative of a company spoke to me or I can say a representative of a company spoke to me, it does not mean that the first one is the owner of the company, they mean the same thing.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
16. The Angel of the Lord appeared to Hagar.

6 But Abram said unto Sarai, Behold, thy maid is in thine hand; do to her as it pleaseth thee. And when Sarai dealt hardly with her, she fled from her face.

7 And the angel of the Lord found her by a fountain of water in the wilderness, by the fountain in the way to Shur.

8 And he said, Hagar, Sarai's maid, whence camest thou? and whither wilt thou go? And she said, I flee from the face of my mistress Sarai.

9 And the angel of the Lord said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands.

10 And the angel of the Lord said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude.

11 And the angel of the Lord said unto her, Behold, thou art with child and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the Lord hath heard thy affliction.

12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

13 And she called the name of the Lord that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me?

I think you're right, Jesus even said that Abraham "saw His day".

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." John 8:56-58

originally posted by: glend

Deuteronomy 30/11-14 tells us the word is not received from an external source but already exists in our heart so we may do it. Whereas the word in Christianity is "spoken" from an external source .... 1 Thessalonians 2:13 "You received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God".

The hearts language is love.

Nothing wrong with external validation of the internal!
edit on 30-8-2022 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2022 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

We do not read words with our mouth nor do we see words with our mouth. Unlike Romans 10:8, Deuteronomy 30:14 says "you can do it", without any intermediary or idols before God.

We have two natures: heart/soul and body/mind.

When Jesus said I and the Father are one, Jesus was talking from the nature of his heart, made in the image of God.
When Jesus said only the Father is good, Jesus was talking from the nature of his mind.

When Jesus said you must believe in me he was not promoting idol worshiping of his body/mind. Jesus was saying from the nature of his heart that you must believe in your heart. All hearts exist in the one image of God.

The Word .... In Genesis "God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.". In Matthew 21:19 : ...Jesus said, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered.

So its evident that there is great power in Words from God. Even with our limited spirituality our God given higher consciousness can certainly tell our lower consciousness what is wrong and what is right. That higher consciousness has the power to guide us to the doorway of our heart.

If we are full of knowing, binding ourselves to our perceived limitations, we will never know God. “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" Children are full of unknowing. They are not bound to the limitations in which we bind ourselves.

The promise in Deuteronomy 30:14 is "you can do it". Trust God in that you can.
edit on 31-8-2022 by glend because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join