It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Orders DOJ to Release Memo Clearing-Exonerating President Trump of Obstructing Justice.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Saturday, August 20, 2022

Remember how Democrats and MainStream Media used to (and still do to a degree) suspect every little document that wasn't published online, was a document that showed President Trump had committed a crime(s)?

One of those documents is a DOJ "Memo" that was a response to information Attorney General William Barr sent to Special Counsel Bob Mueller in June of 2018. It pertained to the "Obstruction of Justice" aspect of Mueller's investigation of President Donald J. Trump.

EXAMPLE from the 2018 Trump-hating WaPo: www.washingtonpost.com...

That document is about to be FULLY released, by order of a Federal Appeals Court Judge..

A federal judge has handed former President Donald Trump some good news following the FBI raid on his Florida estate early last week.

The District of Columbia Court of Appeals on Friday ruled that the Justice Department must release an internal memo sent to then-Attorney General William Barr in March 2019, advising him to determine that Trump did not obstruct justice, Fox News reported.

The appeals court noted that the memo urged Barr following the release of an investigative report by former Special Counsel Robert Mueller “to conclude that President Trump had not obstructed justice.”
Source: conservativebrief.com...
-and-
An Opposite View: sports.yahoo.com...

Here's a curious turn of events regarding this MEMO, from June 2021, when Biden-Garland fought having the full document released to the public, for some reason.

June 14th 2021 - A Federal Judge declined Monday to order the Department of Justice to release the second part of a memo about the Mueller report written to former Attorney General William Barr, which argued that there was not enough evidence to prosecute then-President Donald Trump for obstruction of justice.

Judge Amy Berman Jackson said in a ruling that she wanted to allow the DOJ time to follow through on its appeal of her earlier decision ordering the release of the entire memo by the department’s Office of Legal Counsel.

“While there may be additional public benefit in revealing the contents of Section II, the Court will not deny the Department the opportunity to challenge its ruling in order to advance that interest at this time,” Jackson wrote in her new ruling, issued in U.S. District Court in Washington.
Source: www.cnbc.com...

Democrats and Media were very suspicious and angry at Attorney General Barr for not releasing Part II of this memo to the public. And Attorney General Garland filed motions to keep Part II sealed.

It's unusual seeing both Barr and Garland on the same page when it comes to legal issues pertaining to former President Trump.

If anyone has more insight into this strange document and the controversy surrounding it, your input would be very much appreciated.

-CareWeMust

edit on 8/20/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Glad to help. Here’s a synopsis from The Hill:

“ The Department of Justice (DOJ) improperly shielded portions of a memo to Attorney General William Barr that concerned whether former President Trump obstructed a special counsel probe into his campaign’s dealings with Russia during the 2016 presidential election, a federal appeals court in Washington ruled on Friday. The unanimous ruling by a three-judge panel on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit affirmed a federal judge’s May 2021 decision that the DOJ had improperly redacted parts of the Trump-era legal memo that should have been made public as part of a government watchdog’s records request lawsuit.

The memo at issue was prepared at Barr’s request by the DOJ’s Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) in March 2019, ostensibly to provide legal advice that would go on to guide Barr’s decision not to charge Trump with obstruction of justice related to his alleged interference with former special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into his 2016 campaign’s contacts with Moscow.

The DOJ, responding to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit seeking disclosure of the memo, argued that virtually the entire memorandum and related records should be shielded under a FOIA exemption that protects internal government deliberations.

But the D.C. Circuit Court panel on Friday, affirming the lower court’s decision, ruled that the DOJ had failed to prove that the so-called deliberative-process privilege justified keeping the records under wraps. The panel said the OLC memo did not in fact contain a legal analysis of whether Barr should pursue charges against Trump, but rather what, if anything, Barr should say to Congress and the public about Mueller’s voluminous findings.

“Because the Department did not tie the memorandum to deliberations about the relevant decision, the Department failed to justify its reliance on the deliberative-process privilege,” Chief Judge Sri Srinivasan wrote for the panel.”

thehill.com...

In summary: At the end of his investigation, Mueller wrote a memo to Barr describing why he (Mueller) declined to recommend charging Trump with obstruction of Justice. Basically it was because the DOJ has a policy of not bringing charges against a sitting President regardless of whether or not the evidence shows he’s guilty. Barr received the memo and pretended to go through a deliberative process to decide whether Trump should be charged with anything, but that “deliberative process” was fake. There was never any chance that Barr would charge the POTUS that had appointed him with any crime, regardless of the facts. So Barr redacted all the parts of the memo that would reveal that fact and said it was because of the “deliberative process”. The courts have now said that that is BS; there was no deliberative process. Basically, Barr lied to cover Trump’s butt. That’s what’s about to come out.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Ummmm.... Yeah.

Unless another Judge overturns it Monday.

Or they just decide not to comply, it is not like anyone is going to do anything about it if they don't.

The Dems are lawless.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Thanks for the detailed explanation. It's a good thing AG Barr made the right call!

Source: conservativebrief.com...

That makes it clear why A.G. Garland was attempting to keep the memo/info sealed. Good Trump news is bad news for Biden and Democrats.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The Left media would have probably just twisted the memo to say it said opposite what it said. They had a strong tendency to do that. They were tied to the Democrats pretty well.

If it is now released they will take everything out of context and twist it to say that Trump was wrong. That is life in the new world we are creating in the USA. It is not illegal to deceive people into believe something is different than what is actually said as long as it is done correctly. If it would be illegal, politicians would not open their mouths very much.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't know if this is the same appeals court, but the judges reveal that BUREAURCRAT Lifers are the ones running these agencies.

Bureaucrats in charge, lie to the President-appointed boss, without giving it a second thought, knowing he'll be gone in a few years.

Court rules DOJ lied to Barr: thehill.com...

If Americans give the US House to America-First/MAGA Republicans, 2023 will see significant positive changes within these agencies. They thrive on $$$$. The House controls the purse-strings.

edit on 8/21/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I really don't mean for this to sound harsh, because I believe that, in your mind you're an objective thinker. I normally lend credence to well thought out posts such as this, but your takes on this matter, along with your Russian Collusion stance might point to more than a bit of confirmation bias.

You remind me of another estimable leftist poster who was prominent during the "Muh Russia" hysteria. He was vehement that the commies had the goods on Trump and that the hammer was coming any day now. Well, that poster no longer comes around and Trump still walks free.

Don't be that guy.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

In summary: At the end of his investigation, Mueller wrote a memo to Barr describing why he (Mueller) declined to recommend charging Trump with obstruction of Justice. Basically it was because the DOJ has a policy of not bringing charges against a sitting President regardless of whether or not the evidence shows he’s guilty.

Simplified: Mueller has explained this.

He said I did my job. My job was the investigation. It is not my job to bring charges. That is the DOJ's job.

I listened. I heard what he said. Most people put their hands over their ears by choice.

Mueller never exonerated Trump.

So now -- did Barr deliberately hide info in the report to protect Trump?

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

In summary: At the end of his investigation, Mueller wrote a memo to Barr describing why he (Mueller) declined to recommend charging Trump with obstruction of Justice. Basically it was because the DOJ has a policy of not bringing charges against a sitting President regardless of whether or not the evidence shows he’s guilty.

He said I did my job. My job was the investigation. It is not my job to bring charges. That is the DOJ's job.

I listened. I heard what he said. Most people put their hands over their ears by choice.

"Mueller never exonerated Trump.", but Mueller's investigation did 😀

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The DOJ chose not to press charges.

That is where we are today.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   

They can't press charges on 2nd hand hearsay and wild ass conjecture and ass backwards speculations and bitter jealousy.

Bueller had the best prosecutor investigators in the Country and it fizzled 😀

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

They can't press charges on 2nd hand hearsay and wild ass conjecture and ass backwards speculations and bitter jealousy.

We'll see when all this is done.

I think there's been a lot of cover-up of Trump's actions.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The Bueller cases are all closed roflmao 😀

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You always stick to your guns, Annee. You never give up. Just like Hillary.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

We'll see when all this is done.

It’s really nice to have a dream but this dream isn’t going to come true for you.
Face it.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I remember how the left beat that horse incessantly, especially that "He obstructed justice!" When it wasn't remotely true.

They never acknowledged their mistake or their foolish behavior, no apologies forthcoming, no retractions, nothing but more fabrications.

And now they promote and defend the most detestable things imaginable.

It's as if they are attempting to impress the devil with every new, and more uglier things than those before.

It's truly sick behavior and it is not going to stop.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   

The Trump campaign had to rely on the "my pillow" guy to carry forward their claims that the 2020 election was compromised because they did not possess a real political machine.

The Trump Administration was shedding top officials left and right through out its 4 years.

Donald Trump has been (and continues to be) the most investigated federal politician in recent times.

It seems delusional to believe "there's been a lot of cover-up of Trump's actions." .... who's doing the covering up? ... the "my pillow" guy with his giza sheets?

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   

C'mon Annee think, is it not obvious that it isn't even possible for DT
to cover up anything? How is running a microscopic fine toothed comb
thru tiny white butt hairs for six years not enough to convince you?

Really think about it, you could've loved your country all this time by
loving Donald Trump, still the best man in the country for the job
of POTUS. Perfectly over qualified obviously by your favorite "progressive"
groovy ghoulies. Instead here you still are looking for vindication that
we've always known you were never going to get.

I don't think Donald Trump has ever spit on the side walk. And your
bunch of wierded out lying clowny down town Saturday morning
cartoon freaks have been the ones proving it to you.

I mean hot damn girl!

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2
Similar to the "release his taxes" people. They really believe a man running 500 business that has had the IRS literally up his ass with a microscope since the 90's is going to be taken down by showing his taxes? LOL and I guess they believe he does all his own taxes and doesn't have a tax preparer to do them. As Trump said "they aren't sending their best"

EDIT: Also it's great they want to audit a billionaire that runs 500 companies to see if he makes his money legitimately, but a person sitting in congress making $200,000 a year who has a net worth in the tens of millions is perfectly normal.

edit on 22-8-2022 by Tekner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   
At this point, it's indisputable that the people that say "Trump broke some law, some where, and will end up in jail for it! I know it in my bones!!!" are on the same level of delusion as the "BOOM! Kraken voting fraud" truthers. It is the expression of cosmic symmetry of irrational belief triumphing over logical thinking, with the balancing forces of Trump supporters Ying to the Biden supporters Yang.

Another poster brought it up earlier, but bears repeating. Trump is assuredly, at this point, the most investigated, scrutinized and carefully watched POTUS in history, bar none. Everyone from the Southern District of New York to the IRS to Congress to the DOJ/FBI has combed over his tax records, his executive records as POTUS, even (ILLEGALLY!) wire tapped and surveilled communications at one of his hotels in NYC.

What has come of all of this investigating?

What has come of the 2 impeachment hearings Trump was put through while POTUS?

NOTHING.

Squat.

Jack $h1t.

But still, they persist in their endless fantasies of locking up Trump. "Any day now! It's JUUUST about time" is there mantra, just like the "BOOM! Kraken" voting fraud zealots.

Pure, unfettered delusions.

As an aside, it's fascinating to note that, with a mountain of evidence that former President Clinton patronized the Epstein sex trafficking ring, having documented proof of taking numerous trips to Epstein's sex compound, having photographic evidence of Clinton with Epstein's sex workers....the Trump crime truthers are strangely silent. Cat got your tongue? Oh. How very strange, to have such passion of taking down President A over financial crimes, but looking the other way on President B's solicitiation prostitution and potential commission of, e.g. statutory rape.

Then there is the Biden situation, which has been documented and detailed ad nauseum and could warrant its own thread. One poster in this thread, when confronted numerous times about their lack of any concern for the clear fraud, influence peddling, tax evasion., money laundering, and drug/sex criminality of President Biden's son Hunter, has repeatedly said and I quote I don't care about that

You don't "care about that" but have an unhealthy obsession with taking down Trump over crimes that are figments of your imagination?

Yeah, you're normal. Not.

This is proof positive that this Republic is in its death throes, when mindless drones can be persuaded, either way, D or R, that "my guy" is squeaky clean, but "their guy" is the Anti-Christ.

Times like this make it abundantly clear why the founding fathers constructed the Electoral College: to protect the public from itself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join