It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Usyk-Joshua 2

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
A big heavyweight title fight is happening this weekend. The rematch between Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua.

Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua 2 to be broadcast live on DAZN in 190+ markets worldwide

I will be watching. Who else?

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Looking forward to it , shame it's in Saudi and not London but money talks.

Usyk is just back from a war whereas Joshua has been doing photo ops and TV adverts , I think Usyk showed last time he is the better fighter and to be honest I expect he will beat Joshua again.
edit on 17-8-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Usyk will win again and a lot easier this time - AJ is the egg(often beaten)

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I like AJ but Usyk is a step above. Usyk is a master boxer. AJ has skill and power but he cannot outbox Usyk. I think AJ's only chance is to land a power shot early and knock Usyk out. But, again, Usyk is far too skilled to be bum rushed like AJ thinks he can do.

Usyk is not intimidated at all. Both fighters are in great condition but I just do not see how AJ has a legit chance of winning.

Also, looking forward to Hrgovc-Zhang on the undercard. Two more big heavies going at it.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
IF anyone who is a boxing fan and also a 'progressive' (LOL does that even exist?) they will be very confused on who to root for.

SLAVA UKRAINE?
or

THE BLACK MAN!

hmmm

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I'd like to see Joshua win.

He seems like a decent sort of guy.
I really thought he was going to be a 'great' fighter but he's never really fulfilled his potential.
Maybe his new team can get the best out of him.....he'll certainly need to up his game from his last performance.

I'm sitting on the fence on this one, no prediction.

I doubt I'll be watching it, I won't pay to watch it on Sky Box Office - I pay them enough - and the fact its being held in Saudi Arabia is shocking.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Remember AJ was a convicted drug dealer and he used to mug people. I would rather not see him win but I just don't think he has the winning spirit any more, he is rich and the hunger has gone. Usyk is just back from war and has fire in his heart. He is also a far better boxer than AJ

edit on 17-8-2022 by SoEpic because: Spelling mistake

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SoEpic

Lots of boxers have some sort of 'history'.
Lots of people have some sort of 'history'.

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   
AJ all the way hopefully he becomes a 3 time world heavy weight champ,

Ohhh a boxer with a miss spent youth whatever next, he certainly ain't selling drugs or mugging other drug dealers now is he as he was 15 - 17 when doing all that!

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I'd like to see Usyk win.

He seems a decent sort of guy.
He's got a great sense of humour and likes a good laugh.

Joshua loses this and thats 3 defeats in 5 fights = end of career. Depending on the way he loses.

Check your messages

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Cheers mate.

Usyk does seem like a good guy as well....but I've followed and liked Joshua since he first turned pro.
He's sort of lost his way in the ring a bit and perhaps been a bit distracted by his outside activities etc but if he can re-focus and energise himself I think he could do it....and by default I have to support the Brit, unless of course he was a complete knobhead.

posted on Aug, 18 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Indeed but i'm not one to praise folk who "turn their life around".

I was born into poverty and had a rough upbringing, still didn't make me a drug dealer. Does the asshole deserve a medal? Well done AJ you don't mug people or sell bags of coke anymore.

Back to the boxing, Usyk all the way, a master in the ring. AJ needs to take the big man approach and try to walk him down and use his strength and power. Usyk is too quick and mobile for this tactic to work, also AJ will revert to type after walking onto a few straight lefts down the pipe, he's too stiff and orthodox. You need more than a jab - straight with the odd left hook to beat Usyk.

Usyk by KO, probably the mid to late rounds.

AJ is all hype and no substance, picked his opponents well, an aging Klitschko, Whyte wasn't experienced enough, Parker had the wrong tactics and Ruiz in the second fight was too busy partying to train properly. Fury would dispose of AJ within 6 and make him look stupid in the process.
edit on 18/8/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
A big heavyweight title fight is happening this weekend. The rematch between Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua.

Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua 2 to be broadcast live on DAZN in 190+ markets worldwide

I will be watching. Who else?

I have to agree with most here...

Usyk all the way...

I don't believe Joshua has the necessary skills to beat him... He's too fast and agile...

I say Usyk on points again after 12...

PA

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The fight has gone to the 12th and the judges decision is Usyk wins on split decision.

The first judge had it 115-113 to Joshua, the second 115-113 to Usyk and the third 116-112 to Usyk.

I agree with the third judge.

posted on Aug, 20 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

Spot on pal.

Joshua surprised me with his engine, losing the weight definitely helped with his cardio. Not sure trying to play the long game against a master boxer and tactician is ever going to work. Wrong tactics IMO, his one chance was to just throw caution to the wind, like he did late on, i think round 9. By that point tho he doesn't have the energy to sustain it into the next round and Usyk adapted perfectly to win the remaining 3 at a canter.

Very impressed with Usyk, lightning reflexes, movement, punches and a master tactician, the Cat moniker suits him perfectly. Very humble and likeable character as well.

Finally, what was with the meltdown by Joshua at the end? I've always had my suspicions about the plastic nature of his moulded persona and the mask certainly slipped post fight. Now that he's lost the golden boy status and realises his career is going downhill, suddenly he loses all class and respect.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The fact that Usyk won again is not surprising. AJ's post fight talking was cringe-worthy though.

Hopefully we get Fury-Usyk next.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 04:07 AM
link   
What was Joshua thinking?
You've got to throw punches to win fights and he didnt throw enough by a long distance. I cant believe one judge gave him the fight.
I turned off right away i didnt see the post fight interview im gonna have to see that.

Usyk very impressive his combo's were excellent he landed a lot of them.
Joshua looked too cagey, apart from round 9 when he actually fought. He shoulda done that a lot more.

Anyway Joshua can go enjoy his 33m he got and retire, i wouldnt be arsed watching him again.

Well done Usyk, master tactician.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

He picked up Usyks belts and threw them out of the ring, went crazy at Usyk asking how it’s possible to beat him, then charged off and started trying to fight random people in the crowd before returning to the ring and proceeding to act like he was a Ukrainian brother in arms. Next minute he steals the mic and goes on a 10 minute monologue about how amazing he is. What a tool.

Joshua spent the whole time talking about how good and well he’s done, Usyk devoted everything to the Ukrainian people and God. Says it all.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Highlights of the fight.

AJ's tantrum.

edit on 21-8-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What an absolute gobsh1te..

"you're not strong how could you beat me?". What, he actually thought he shoulda won or something? He shouldn't even have got one judge's verdict.

I remember at the end of the 3rd round when he was sitting down in his corner his trainer was shouting at him "you've won every round so far champ". Like for real. No wonder his head's up his own arse he's surrounded by yes-men.

And there he is making it all about him. Pity Usyk didn't snap them belts offa him. He should have. Joshua has no right to touch them being a loser. A sore loser at that.
He didnt deserve to win. He didn't throw enough punches apart from round 9. A few good body shots here and there and that was it. He thought that was enough to win? Delusional comes to mind.

A bad loser who got what he deserved, nothing.
edit on 21/8/22 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join