It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All cause mortality from leading insurers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2022 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: DaRAGE

I guess you are another one of those conservatives who go with their feelings rather than the facts. The thing is, relying on feelings rather than facts won't hold up in reality OR court.

Eight of the 10 states most dependent on the federal government were Republican-voting, with the average red state receiving $1.35 per dollar spent.

Money Geek

Economic-Demographics-of-Democrats.gif
www.debt.org... mocrats/

Social Welfare
One of the clearest policy differences between the parties is the view on government assistance programs and social safety nets. There is a 35-point difference between Democrats and Republicans, with Democrats far more likely to support government assistance programs.

Republicans tend to give more to charity, while Democrats support publicly funded assistance programs. This could also be explained, in part, by Democrats’ lack of religious devotion, as a large percentage of Republican charitable donations support religious programs and institutions.

Income
An individual’s likelihood of being a Democrat decreases with every additional dollar he or she earns. Democrats have a huge advantage (63 percent) with voters earning less than $15,000 per year. This advantage carries forward for individuals earning up to $50,000 per year, and then turns in the Republicans’ favor — with just 36 percent of individuals earning more than $200,000 per year supporting Democrats.

Interestingly, the median household income in the United States is $49,777 — right near the point where the Democratic advantage disappears and the Republicans take over.

About half of Democrats express satisfaction with their personal financial situation, compared with 61 percent of Republicans and 52 percent of Independents.

Ultra-Wealthy
While Democrats lose support as income increases, there seems to be a tipping point where the ultra-wealthy begin leaning Democratic. The most famous example would be the entertainment industry, where star-studded events have become a significant part of Democratic culture.

But this phenomenon is not limited to Hollywood. A review of the 20 richest Americans, as listed by Forbes Magazine, found that 60 percent affiliate with the Democratic Party, including the top three individuals: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Larry Ellison. Among the riches families, the Democratic advantage rises even higher, to 75 percent.

You know it's funny, whilst looking up information for this little debate with you darkbake, i'm finding some funny disparities.

So you are right darkbake. Those red states are suckering more monies. But I was also right about something, well 63% of voters making $15,000 or less are democratic voters.

It's funny this next chart, because whilst it appears that from 2008 - 2018 democrat voters income in going up massively, republican voters income is going down. Now republican voters in manufacturing jobs during that time, has also gone up tremendously.

I mean take a look at these two charts:

Chart 1

Chart 2

posted on Aug, 24 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Republicans are getting poorer you are saying? That makes sense. What I can say is that Democrats must not be doing a good job helping those people improve their situations or they would like Dems more. I definitely notice that the working class these days can be full of Republicans, while the higher classes are Democrats (excluding a lot of businessmen).

Sometimes Democrats focus too much on making people dependent on them instead of helping them learn to be independent. I can see this being an issue. It could get expensive for the government and also not really help people as much as one would think.
edit on 24pmWed, 24 Aug 2022 16:28:26 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join