It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember How Great School Lunches Used to be?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The only time it was good was around Thanksgiving; they would make a turkey lunch at my school. Quite tasty indeed. The square pizzas were awful, as were most other things they had, but that Thanksgiving lunch was top-notch.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: putnam6

I can't say that I would like any of that other stuff, but I could go for a slice of that basic cheese pizza if it is anything like the pizza the schools I attended were serving.

I know not only is not well prepared, and yes a good lunch room staff does make a diff but look at all the carbs and sugars.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I remember when school lunches were something to look forward to. They were cooked from scratch from plump lunch ladies. I swear to God none of them were skinny at a time when everyone was skinny.

Never trust a skinny cook.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
School lunches have always been terrible, even with fat lunch ladies. I bought my lunch on the first full day of first grade--and never again for the next 12 years.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
My high school had a cafeteria that was in the basement and had a jukebox. It still smelled liked cigarettes because you could smoke in there freely as staff or student up until a few years before my arrival. It had corner booths and tables and low hanging lamps. The food was pretty good the daily special made from scratch but they also had a made to order menu of fried foods like chicken fingers and fries. It was a call back to a older time. They renovated it and made all the food crap took out the jukebox.

You could buy cigarettes at the cafeteria even for a while. I am also only 35 lol.

Now you have to pay a yearly fee for cafe access during break and lunch. food is extra terrible and expensive.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Late 50s. 1st lunches were 1 hot dog, 1 chip, milk and apple or orange. Catholic school.

Years after, public h.s. lunches were awesome 👍. Meatloaf-Salis. steak, "pizza burgers"- open hamburger buns w spaghetti sauce(we assumed)...top 2 there....

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Late 50s. 1st lunches were 1 hot dog,

Those were called "wiener winks" One piece of white bread was folded over the hot dog and secured by a single toothpick.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Good grief JAG, just by reading the thread title any Brit of a certain age would know you never went to a state school in the UK during the 70's and 80's; most school dinners were truly disgusting.
Semolina, Sago and Tapioca were revolting....but were on the menu at least twice a week.

There's barely anything I remember with any sort of fondness.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I remember tater tots at lunch.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join