It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Going After The Pedophiles And Abusers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It's about time. The DOJ announced they are investigating the Southern Baptist Convention. The SBC recently released a report. There were cases of sexual abuse reported, from adult pastors to youth pastors. For decades. They covered it up.

Complaints about sexual abuse and sexual assault on the part of pastors were sent to higher-ups who then kept those accusations quiet. Though the report, by Guidepost Solutions, was only commissioned to study the cover-up from the years 2000 on, it found incidents of sexual abuse and warnings of the same going back to the 1960s. In all, Guidepost found accusations leveled against people at all levels: church volunteers, staff, and leadership, including those at the top of the church’s ladder. Those accusations were made by people of different ages and genders, and they include allegations of child sexual abuse, the grooming of adolescents, and the sexual assault of adults.

Vox

The DOJ has now opened an investigation.

Following a report outlining Southern Baptist Convention leaders' failures in addressing widespread clergy sexual abuse, the SBC is now under investigation by the Department of Justice.

The federal investigation follows a third-party inquiry by Guidepost Solutions, which Southern Baptist voting delegates approved at the 2021 SBC annual meeting. Guidepost released its findings in May in a nearly 300-page report detailing a pattern of SBC leaders dismissing reports of abuse and survivors' calls for change. The report also included an allegation of sexual assault against a former SBC president.

The Tennessean

Also being investigated by the FBI is the Catholic church in Louisiana. Also decades of abuse.

The FBI has opened an investigation into sex abuse in the Roman Catholic Church in New Orleans, going back decades. Investigators are looking specifically at whether priests took children across state lines to abuse them.

WNNO

It's about time. The abuse in churches has been unchecked for far too long.
edit on 12-8-2022 by frogs453 because: Grammar

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

This is good news - kinda.

The DOJ announced they are investigating the Southern Baptist Convention.

Nice how the DOJ plays favorites. Where were they with Epstein’s little black book? How about what they could have extracted from Ghislaine? The organization of the Southern Baptist doesn’t even come close to the elites discreet organization of pedophelia.

Typical to point the finger away from what the real perps are doing.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Uhhh ok. I agree there should be more arrests in regard to Epstein.

However I think Epstein was a kid when these abuses have been noted in all types of churches, thousands and thousands of victims. Even my Catholic school was tainted by it. I for one am happy about this.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Guess they are ok with the Boy Scouts?
Talk about pick and choose

Just the people who didn’t donate?

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Sorry, thought this would be about the teachers union and Biden.

I'll leave now.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Epstein??

Maxwell?

Maybe hunter????

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   

It's about time. The abuse in churches has been unchecked for far too long.

On this we agree.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Maybe I'm too close to it? A school friend suffered from depression and never ending guilt that he didn't back up his friend when his friend claimed abuse by a priest. My school friend committed suicide a few years ago and one of his last posts was an apology to his friend.

The Priest was eventually moved, and died before he was ever charged.

Anyway. This is a good thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Hunter Biden himself has a greater record of sexual assault than the southern Baptist people.
Physician heal thyself.

edit on Fri Aug 12 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Now come on. Hunter's been abusing children since the 60s by the thousands like this?

Wow. Your hatred of the Bidens or me is really showing here.

Parents who took their children to church for goodness sake. Never expecting they would be molested, an antithesis of the Bible and Christianity.

The damage to families was enormous.
edit on 12-8-2022 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Dont get us wrong.

The vast majority of us are very happy that these sickos are getting thier comeupins.

These two little churches are only two snowflakes to greater iceberg that is the child sex trafficking corporation.

Two down. Millions more to go. That's why you dont see much enthusiasm from us. We know how dark and deep this sick hole goes and we still haven't reached the bottom of it yet.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I agree with your statement. There should be more enthusiasm for the DOJ going after pedophiles in these churches.

Maybe the reason you didn't get the response you where looking for is because people thought you might be trolling them.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Maybe the reason you didn't get the response you where looking for is because people thought you might be trolling them.

^ this

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It's a double standard? I'm some Epstein or Hunter supporter? Since when. If and or when they prosecute Hunter for child abuse, I will support it just as these cases.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Isn’t it obvious? Going after Tom, John, and Sally doesn’t do sh!t when we know presidents, billionaires, business moguls (basically the majority of the elites) are doing the same — and the DOJ damn well knows about it.
edit on 12-8-2022 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

But we have 10 posts a day about pedophiles and rarely are they about the elite?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join