It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The control of information and slow deletion of the Internet VID

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Below is the latest video from the 'Bright Insight' YouTube channel.

The first part of the video deals with how search engines limit the results we get for our searches,
The title is a bit misleading, and the content may or may not be a conspiracy in itself, but I'd love to see someone explain exactly why it works as it does, because I can't find the answer...

The second part of the video goes more deeper into the topic of controlled information.

so what do you guys think? Is he on to something?

below is the link to the Truthstream media channel that he refers to in the video (for those of you looking for new things to watch) It's on my watch list, some of its content seems really new and interesting

Truthstream media

edit on 12-8-2022 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Just watched it and my first thought was: ATS must know about this.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
He absolutely is onto something. The internet is getting to point of being like one of those filled faced North Korean grocery stores that don’t actually have anything for sale.

Search results limited to the same 20 things on repeat, it’s a massive sprawling library but all the books are the same. Not to mention if you even mention a book from a unapproved section of the library your called a nutter. Approved books only.

You see it even here on ATS how the population polices it’s self. Ewwwww bitchute? As if the paper dictates the power of the words written on it.

Most mainstream websites just redirect to a app. Want to use our app? We have a app! The app is better pls use the app. To the point of them disabling features on websites so force the app on you. They don’t want you even have a web browser they much prefer a curated App Store much easier to control what your exposed too if they pre approve it and have the creators on the hook.

a reply to: KindraLabelle2

edit on 12-8-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It goes in with that constant scream for "sources please" but then the list of accepted sources is narrow, has to be a certain search engine, can't be certain video sites and even the age of the page is questionable.

You can scream the earth is round all you want but if you're proof is a bitchute video, guess the world is flat

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Makes me sad.

I miss growing up with the net in the 90s.

I most miss personal homepages. You could go and it was like visiting someone's house, and you could leave a note on the guestbook, and read about their likes and news around them. Then early forums. I made my own with cgi script and people could post whatever they wanted.

Then early bots came along.
FB was the first step to corral everyone into a tiny 'curated' box.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I suspect that the internet was never really as big as we were led to believe, that search engines have always shown us the same handful of results over & over again.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I went to page 32 typing in "aliens from a different dimension" in google and when I tried going further the same searches kept on popping up after that...

This is crazy that I never knew or tried that... Is this legal? Why are the doing this to the masses? To control information I guess...

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

There is something going on, you see, i build miniatures as a hobby, and i always modify/convert them for fun, so i have always checked for conversion ideas, i do this many times a week, for years and years..

There were so many cool unique ways to build and combine..

But, about two years ago, i had grabbed a new toy to play with so i checked what could i do with it, found nothing.. strange..

Then it happened again, and again, and again..

for the last couple of months, i have not even bothered looking for ideas for my projects, just do what i feel like.

Information is hidden or lost.

I used to search really specific things.. always found something.. until i did not anymore.
edit on 12-8-2022 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I tested this out with Duck Duck Go, but since it doesn't give page numbers it's impossible to test it.

BUT I did find something else:

Open DDG, go to settings, click more settings and disable 'safe search'.

Now go to google, type in a search term, press enter
On the top of the search results it will now say
Warning, Safe search is off

Tell me again how DDG is the best search engine to go and how it works independently from Google?

edit
deleted this part from my OP since it happened twice and now I can't seem to get the same effect anymore, not sure what I did to see the warning pop up in google. next time I get it to work I take a screenshot
edit on 12-8-2022 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddscreenname

It goes in with that constant scream for "sources please" but then the list of accepted sources is narrow, has to be a certain search engine, can't be certain video sites and even the age of the page is questionable.

You can scream the earth is round all you want but if you're proof is a bitchute video, guess the world is flat

I get what you mean but I do understand the reaction towards some websites though.
For me, if a site posts article after article that is, easily and convincingly debunked,
Then I won't even click the links anymore

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Makes me sad.

I most miss personal homepages. You could go and it was like visiting someone's house, and you could leave a note on the guestbook, and read about their likes and news around them. Then early forums. I made my own with cgi script and people could post whatever they wanted.

I miss the old Internet to,
but back then, it was merely entertainment and these days it's a must have for just about anything

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I suspect that the internet was never really as big as we were led to believe, that search engines have always shown us the same handful of results over & over again.

Back in the days, when they introduced 'meta tags', and you needed to learn them to compete with other personal websites on the same topic, that's how you found out just how big the Internet was. It has only grown since then, but I never get to see those awesome personal sites anymore

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Makes me sad.

If I could go back to the 90’s internet I’d head straight to EBay and buy up everything I could. That is when it was actually real antiques and vintage and the price was great. Then came the scammers, then the mass sellers, then the counterfeits, then everything from resellers.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

How many times has this site been guilty of the same thing?

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddscreenname

How many times has this site been guilty of the same thing?

I know...
But I trust certain ATS members to debunk a hoax when they see one

and if not, then at least it get's discussed.... other site post video's and every comment below it suggests that the information is true, not one that questions it. If it's posted on the Internet, then it must be true, right?

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yep... as it should NOT be

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There are still some good finds, but yes nothing is the same. a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I just did a search for "The vaccine is deadly" 58,000,000 views.
It went to page 18. However almost the very last view I did find

this

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The real secret is that people don't want the truth. They want to be shielded from anything upsetting.

People that want truth don't criminalize opinions.

If opinions are dangerous to them, imagine how big a threat truth is.

The only difference between the Internet in China, NK, Russia, and the West, is which group of despots run the show and how they exercise control. The rest is spin and fake morality based on the cultural views you've been allowed to have.

That's the depth of the deception. Even when faced with the depth of it, those same systems have rendered most people completely unable to see the distant truth except through the lens they've given you. People need to use their eyes and stop seeing everything through the coin operated binoculars. People need to stop being tourists in their own lives. None of this is normal, they just want it to look that way.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

I just did a search for "The vaccine is deadly" 58,000,000 views.
It went to page 18. However almost the very last view I did find

this

That's worthy of it's own thread. Great find.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join