It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi says 'China is One of the Freest Societies in the World'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Whaa.....?

China 'one of freest societies in world' - Nancy Pelosi in 'extraordinary' blow to Taiwan
CHINA was praised by Nancy Pelosi during a TV interview where she shared her "extraordinary" opinions on the country, after only last week sparking tensions with her visit to Taiwan.

Express Article

Did she not know which country she was visiting?
Did she think Taiwan was China?

Perhaps she meant this statement to be about the Republic of China which is Taiwan, but as we all know, the colloquial, of which she should be highly aware as a 'diplomat,' for the island nation, is Taiwan, and not the Republic of China.....

Why did she slip up?
Or did she?

Was it purposeful and she was praising the Communists in China?

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Maybe Nancy had a cup or two beyond what she should have.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Was it purposeful and she was praising the Communists in China?

Yes to both.

Nancy and joe both love China, and the backroom deals.

Say nice things, get nice prizes.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yes of she means free from personal autonomy and human rights.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Saying that a country is free under a communist government is downright stupid.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

This needs to be shown frequently, around the clock, by every media source that will air it, print it, or post it online.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Careful. The foreign ministry in Beijing will find your comment 'ignorant' and 'unfortunate'.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Unfortunately only a British tabloid had the guts.

Just like how Sky News Australia is the only MSM TV channel that will show Biden's incompetence.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Inside sources say it was 20 cups instead of her usual 15.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I guess you have to define free..

Here in the US we need a license or permit to fish, have a fire, drive, drink
We can only build with a permit, it can't be too big or tall or too short or small.
Some places can't collect rain that falls from the sky, or plant certain things in their soil.
Our political choices may be determined by invisible lines in our town.
Our food is safe if they tell us it is so even if we get sick

Yet we think we are the most free....

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Why does that muppet at NBC just smile and nod and say 'yeah....' like she is too afraid to call her out?.........Or too braindead to even realise the error?

I mourn the loss of true journalism.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If tales of mass surveillance and social credit scores, not being allowed to travel to the next town because you are locked in your house, suppression of protests by changing your phone 'health code' red to detain you are true, then yes we are more free. . .

It's all subjective of course.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

This needs to be shown frequently, around the clock, by every media source that will air it, print it, or post it online.

If you think that the average person would be smart enough to even know China is communist , watch this :

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Here are actual Americans that live in China and their take.
Very interesting.

edit on 11-8-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Selective editing. They cut out her saying "The Republic of" prior to saying China, meaning Taiwan.
edit on 11 8 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I only had time to watch the 5 mins of Life in China VS US, as that is the only pertinent section to this discussion. The rest was about Trump and the 'Capitol Riot'

Nothing there said China is freer.

The girl was glad she was in China 'because COVID' so she's afraid to be more free (implication is she likes China's restrictions) because of the new cold virus.
The first dude said he got yelled at by the police for not wearing a mask outside. That's never happened to me here.
The black dude in blue said he was discriminated against in the elevator.

I don't see how you are making your point- did I miss something important in the very first section?

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

That's definitely possible. Are you able to dig up the footage prior to that?

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I'm on my lunch break, so I can't right now. I will try to remember to look for the entire interview later. I do remember seeing a news interview with her saying "Republic of China" in the context of the video in your OP, but I am unsure if that interview in your OP is the exact same one that I watched on the news.
edit on 11 8 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

If you listen to the interview Pelosi was using ratings from the non-profit organization Freedom House, which puts out a "freedom rating" report every year for all the different countries in the world to support her claims. In their 2022 report they rate mainland China as "not free" and they rate Taiwan as "free"--scoring 94 out of a possible 100 points.

freedomhouse.org...

She mistakenly used the word "China" when she meant to refer to Taiwan.

Kinda like on April 18, 2016 when Trump said:

"I was down there, and I watched our police and our firemen, down on 7-Eleven, down at the World Trade Center, right after it came down" when he obviously meant to refer to 9-11.

www.politico.com...

Old people make these kinds of mistakes.

posted on Aug, 11 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

I only had time to watch the 5 mins of Life in China VS US, as that is the only pertinent section to this discussion. The rest was about Trump and the 'Capitol Riot'

Nothing there said China is freer.

The girl was glad she was in China 'because COVID' so she's afraid to be more free (implication is she likes China's restrictions) because of the new cold virus.
The first dude said he got yelled at by the police for not wearing a mask outside. That's never happened to me here.
The black dude in blue said he was discriminated against in the elevator.

I don't see how you are making your point- did I miss something important in the very first section?

There are many things that I do like about mainland China, but their freedom or rather the lack thereof is not one of them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join