It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reality of Actual LIGHTSABERS In Our Ancient Past ?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
As I gaze at that tree out my window I can't help but wonder if it is a byproduct of the matter which light created. That tree itself may not be electromagnetism, but that's where it came from... matter which light produced.

a reply to: andy06shake
edit on 1-8-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

Smashing but photons still don't have mass which means they are apt to make a poor sword blade.

And light is electromagnetic radiation which is energy and not matter, and that's just physics far as i can remember.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Smashing but photons still don't have mass which means they are apt to make a poor sword blade.

And light is electromagnetic radiation which is energy and not matter, and that's just physics far as i can remember.

Photons are a strange thing, they act totally different in a vacuum... we would need an accelerator the size of the universe to to fully study the properties of light.

Wait a minute... but thats what the universe does, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   

And light is electromagnetic radiation

sorry, yes... light is radiation (aka a product of electromagnetism)

light and magnetism are unified, we're still trying to unify that with gravity... as a gravitational field looks exactly like magnetic field which is really odd because it take gravity (also) to produce light via the stars in the universe.

so which came first? it's irresistible the questions and gravity's similarities with light and magnetism... the latter two already being unified btw.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus

it was Einstein and Maxwell who told me... I hope I get it right.

Maxwell's equations assumed that the electric and magnetic permeabilities are constant. If you let them vary as a function of the surrounding electric and magnetic field strengths, as they do in real life, then, you will have a much better alternative to the "standard model".

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I was thinking plasma as well. These scientist have created a Shankar skyrmion, a tangled 3-dimensional magnetic field that can contain plasma. Just need a magnetic field shaped into a saber is all.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   

sorry, yes... light is radiation (aka a product of electromagnetism)

Glad we cleared that one up.

light and magnetism are unified, we're still trying to unify that with gravity... as a gravitational field looks exactly like magnetic field which is really odd because it take gravity (also) to produce light via the stars in the universe.

A single unified theory of everything would indeed be the ticket but it remains to be found which is why we build devices like the LHC in our attempts to understand the universe and reality.

so which came first? it's irresistible the questions and gravity's similarities with light and magnetism... the latter two already being unified btw.

Not sure im understanding the question "so which came first?"

As to gravity's similarities with light and magnetism, well we can focus light and even somewhat focus an electromagnetic field via increasing the number of current and transmitting coils.

Cant do that with gravity thus far given the fact that the fundamental force is so weak it cannot even directly be observed.
edit on 2-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Photons are a strange thing, they act totally different in a vacuum we would need an accelerator the size of the universe to to fully study the properties of light.

Light travels through a vacuum and as a wave else it would be unable to propagate through said vacuum.

Wait a minute... but thats what the universe does, doesn't it?

Far as i can establish our universe is governed by laws of nature.

As to a purpose other than dictating what matter and energy do?

It takes only 26 fundamental dimensionless constants to describe our Universe, but that doesn't explain everything or even come close to doing so.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Yes light is electromagnetism, that very same stuff that comes out of the plug socket on your wall in the form of electricity.

[We have strong reason to conclude that light itself—including radiant heat and other radiation, if any—is an electromagnetic disturbance in the form of waves propagated through the electro-magnetic field according to electro-magnetic laws] -Maxwell

The LHC isn't big enough, they're already looking into building a larger one (the FFC I believe) which not even being built they already know that still would not be large enough so they theorized about building one around the moon... which still wouldn't be large enough ironically.

We need to figure out a way to move this experiment into space and capture the particles already accelerated from zooming through space at speeds we will never achieve.

Probably impossible but space (the universe) itself already does this at those dreamed about scales and speeds which they describe.

So we need to head back to the macro because the answers are "out there" not in the micro alone.. There's just too much focus on particle physics and too much funding and grant money headed that way which takes away from space based experiment.
edit on 2-8-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Yes light is electromagnetism, that very same stuff that comes out of the plug socket on your wall in the form of electricity.

Light and electricity are part of the electromagnetic spectrum is probably what you mean there.

[We have strong reason to conclude that light itself—including radiant heat and other radiation, if any—is an electromagnetic disturbance in the form of waves propagated through the electro-magnetic field according to electro-magnetic laws] -Maxwell

Im aware of Maxwell's equations mate.

The LHC isn't big enough, they're already looking into building a larger one (the FFC I believe) which not even being built they already know that still would not be large enough so there theorized about building one around the moon... which still wouldn't be large enough ironically.

Im not quite sure what that has to do with the reality where constructing a lightsaber is concerned all the same.

We need to figure out a way to move this experiment into space and capture the particles already accelerated from zooming through space at speeds We will never achieve.

Probably impossible but space (the universe) itself already does this at those dreamed about scales and speeds which they describe.

Need to figure devise a means of launching man and machine into low earth orbit in a cost-effective manner, and colonize the place, before any of the above could become possible.

As to speed, we will never achieve, well never say never.

Chances are we wont brute force our way past lightspeed down to the infinite amount of energy required never mind a few others issues, but we may be able to somewhat sidestep the problem via other means of manipulating space-time.

So we need to head back to the "macro" because the answers are "out there" not in the micro.

That's you back to the problem of a unified theory that would explain or resolve the quantum scale with the macro scale of our universe.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I can only imagine how much further along we would be if QM was more on the back burner as Einstein would likely also agree... it's been 100 years, we have nothing "practical" from it and as I stated our collective intellect has likely thripled since GR.

It's a huge brain drain, we'd have so much more accomplished by now.

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   
QM is all mathematicians, all math, very few experimental physicists... they're all theorists.

Einstein who changed the face of reality as we know it was not a mathematician.

These pencil pushers have been scribbling equations for 100 years and they just keep going in circles, as I like to call it "dividing by zero"

The main tool is broken (or breaks) when you head to the micro, that seems to be glossed over quite a bit and it's a serious issue no one seems to want to address.

700 pages to come to the conclusion that 1+1=2

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   

That's you back to the problem of a unified theory that would explain or resolve the quantum scale with the macro scale of our universe.

Embracing the uncertainty principle has spelled the end of logic and reason in western thought and sciences and we see that reflected all around t in pretty much every aspect ofbsociety today.

Everything is circular, this is not good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join