It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reality of Actual LIGHTSABERS In Our Ancient Past ?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Flaming Swords have existed in myths and legends for thousands of years.... i.imgur.com... am i onto something?

/wiki/Flaming_sword_(mythology) DOESN'T NOTE THE EXCALIBUR BUT

The Excalibur is a Hebrew name which means in French "cuts iron, steel, and wood"

Malory writes in the Winchester Manuscript: "thenne he drewe his swerd Excalibur, but it was so breyght in his enemyes eyen that it gaf light lyke thirty torchys."

whats also interesting is atlantis and their use of crystals
zero point energy crystal powered plasma weapon technology
ors soemthing

edit on 1-8-2022 by iskyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: iskyguy

Acording to legend, Excalibur was made by an

Avalonian elf

. Later the sword was stolen by his sister and it was the time when the scabbard (sword coverage) was lost. In the battle of Camlann, Arthur was hurt, and he told Bedwyr (Griflet) to return the Excalibur to the lake.

Avalon was associated from an early date with mystical practices and figures such as Morgan le Fay. It is often identified as the former island of Glastonbury Tor.

The Lady of the Lake, also known as Viviane or Nimuë, is an enchantress who lives in a castle beneath a lake surrounding the island of Avalon. According to legend, she is most famous for giving Arthur the magical sword Excalibur, for fostering Sir Lancelot after his father's death and for imprisoning Merlin in a tree.

What if these "Avalonian elfs" where not of this earth like aliens, and made some kind of laser sword to produce something "magicial" in the eyes of the locals.

Elves are not humans. They do not worry about the same things humans due, based purely on their biology. Their sense of time is different because of how they age, and this is a core part of their biology, sounds very alien to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Wow I didn't know that! Thats fascinating. I only skimmed thru a few wiki articles. Avalon was one of the surviving islands of Atlantis on which Atlanteans scattered after the Great Cataclysm according to - marvel.fandom.com... lol i just googled to see if there was a atlantian connection to avalon cause the names sounded familiar

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Far as i can establish there is no way for light to have the properties required where swords are concerned.

Light not being hard enough to repel even other light never mind actual matter.

Then there is the focal point problem to consider, not quite sure how they would work that one out to be honest.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Lasers are used even today for example in surgeries.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   
@andy06shake I don't want to share too much of my research cause i'm afraid it will be stolen, but i've collected a bunch of emerging scientific studies that i could try to construct prototypes for a lifetime or something haha

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   

You would require hard-light technology from the likes of the show "Red Dwarf" to make Lightsabers an actual possibility.

Your problem being all the same science fiction and physics are not exactly synonymous sometimes.

Edit: Wish you the best of good luck with your experiments which sound rather expensive given the portable power source that would also be required does not exist yet.

edit on 1-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Marvel bastardise so many myths lol

If you like stories of mythical artifacts Norse stories are pretty good, Greeks too. In fact lots of the older stories are about 'acquiring' some magical trinket or weapon from some half-witted superbeing.

Oral tradition and how we carry our past is one of the more fascinating parts of anthropology, we often steal each others stories too

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Cool and fun thread!!!! Thanks !!!a reply to: iskyguy

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Far as i can establish there is no way for light to have the properties required where swords are concerned.

Light not being hard enough to repel even other light never mind actual matter.

Then there is the focal point problem to consider, not quite sure how they would work that one out to be honest.

Technically it could be a plasma, although like you said to be able to concentrate that power in a sword handle is currently out mainstream technological know-how.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Technically plasma could work i suppose with a sophisticated enough magnetic containment field to shape and contain the state.

Can only guess as to how that could be accomplished all the same never mind the power source considering how hard it is to make and contain plasma with current technologies.

And that would be a plasma sword not a lightsaber in the classical sense of the thing.

We already have the likes of plasma cutters that employ extremely high-temperature electrical channels of ionized gas to cut through several types of metal, but they don't exactly resemble a lightsaber blade.
edit on 1-8-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You're kind of approaching this wrong, a sword in classic literature represents "your cause" ones ideology... basically same thing along the lines of what we would describe today as ones political ideology, what you would take up arms for.

edit on 1-8-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
for what its worth
news.mit.edu...
Scientists Create Solid Light
www.iflscience.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Cool.

I wonder if this "solid light" might have applications where the likes of force fields are concerned sometime in the future?

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Might have something to do with high intensity lasers creating plasma filaments, basically with this kind of tech, you can do all sorts of things that have different qualities and functions. based on the power and materials that are used.

The military already uses this technology to create decoys to fool missiles.

The elves are tricksters right?

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Cool.

I wonder if this "solid light" might have applications where the likes of force fields are concerned sometime in the future?

All matter is light, light produces matter and anti-matter.

Even electricity is light (a form of electromagnetism) it is light that is simply in a different state, just as water can be a liquid a solid or a vapor... the very electricity coming from your wall socket and phone battery is actually light in a different form.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus

You have just stated the bases for a practical replacement to the "standard model".

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

To my understanding light is electromagnetic radiation iamthevirus which is a form of energy, not matter.

Matter is made up of atoms whereas light is comprised of photons. They can be related under certain situations, like at very high energies such as inside a star or for that matter the LHC particle accelerator.

The difference being photons don't have mass, but matter does.

posted on Aug, 1 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: graysquirrel

originally posted by: iamthevirus

You have just stated the bases for a practical replacement to the "standard model".

Yeah I learned that from the Bible, that dude said he was the light...

But really it was Einstein and Maxwell who told me... I hope I get it right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join