It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laws That I Would Pass

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Congress age 25+
Senate age 30+
President age 35+

If we are going to discriminate by age we're going to show some consistency and discriminate against the old as well. 70 years or older and you're ineligible to run for office.

Term limits. 8 years for Congressmen, Senators, Presidents, Governors and Supreme Court justices.

Government salaries. As an elected official, your food and travel expenses are paid for BUT your annual salary is that of the average American income. If you want to get paid more, do more.

Prostitution is legal and regulated in regards to health. The aim is to limit the transmission of STDs and provide a safe environment for sex workers. Let's be honest here, if prostitution we're legal, mass shootings and gun violence would drop dramatically.

End the War on Drugs. Adopt a drug policy akin to Oregon's model. Cripple the income of the Mexican Cartel by legalizing and taxing cannabis. Erase all criminal records regarding personal drug use.

Close down foreign military bases and open new military bases along the southern border. The areas in-between those southern bases will have a solar panel wall and wind farms built to provide extra energy to the surrounding areas.

The CEO to average worker pay ratio is 670:1. It was 20:1 in 1965. Pass a law limiting the CEO worker pay ratio at 100:1. If a CEO chooses to exceed that limit, they will be taxed heavier.

Last but not least, a hefty fine on businesses that decorate for Christmas before the week of Thanksgiving.

Thank you for your time.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   
My law: DBCowboy is no longer allowed to do jumping jacks in public while wearing a speedo.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My law: DBCowboy is no longer allowed to do jumping jacks in public while wearing a speedo.

The village idi*t at it again

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CloneFarm1000

I'm ok with the majority of your wants.
I would like to add two of my own as well.

First. Anyone proven to falsely accuse another person is subject to serve the sentence of the person they accused.
Example, like false rape allegations.

Second. Anyone who's job has them given the task of protection or care for the vulnerable should face twice the standard punishment.
Example, like a teacher molesting a student or a cop taking advantage of a criminal.

Bonus...
Any cashier jabbering and not getting me through line as fast as possible needs tarred and feathered

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hold DA's complicit in repeat violent crime under their watch.

The felon who goes on a spree an hour after being released, probably shouldn't have been released...
edit on 25-7-2022 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000
Last but not least, a hefty fine on businesses that decorate for Christmas before the week of Thanksgiving.

We have a radio station that goes all-Christmas two full weeks before Thanksgiving. Then switches back to their regular format Dec 26th.

Last time around they advertised it heavily: billboards, other media, etc. IMO that speaks for the ratings.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gb540

Detroit? We have one that plays nothing but....from Oct 31st Halloween night.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I have some.

Any proposed law will be less than 100 pages long to be considered. Any existing law over 100 pages will be corrected to under 100 pages within 5 years.

All laws will be reviewed and updated as needed and voted on as updated, every 10 years for federal laws and 20 years at state level.

Any government employee, up to and including the president, that is cought knowingly lying to any USA citizen will be removed from their position, forfeit all benefits, and be imprisoned for no less than 10 years. They also cannot hold any job that receives funding in any way from any level of government for life.

Any government employee that uses their position or influence for personal gain while in office and for 10 years after, shall have the same punishment as lying along with any gains seized.

Any funds, land, property, improperly seized in any manner by amy government entity shall return the seized items and additionally the equivalent cash value for the seizure to be paid from the individuals and agencies involved. The funds for this is to come from the next year's budget for the agencies and that agencies funding level is to be frozen for a period of 5 years from the last violation.

Any information from any MSM news must be true. Any deviation from this will be retracted and apologized for within 1 day of discovering the violotation and for the amount of time and manner spent spreading this misinformation. All individuals involved will then be fired and inelligable for any MSM news jobs for life. Any MSM media that has violated this law 3 or more times within a year will loose any licensing and platforming they have. This does not apply to information from government officials or individuals if reported as directly from them and as long as the MSM news organization corrects the information as soon as found and in the manner and time spent on the incorrect information. The government officials, in this case, will be subject to the laws previously listed.

How's them laws?

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Detroit?

I'll plead the Fifth on location.

But it is a Blue hellhole that's been openly said "Worse than Baltimore", thus the earlier post about DAs.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Any proposed law will be less than 100 pages long to be considered. Any existing law over 100 pages will be corrected to under 100 pages within 5 years.

I'll add to that:

Any member of Congress who votes on legislation they didn't read, shall be held in contempt of Congress and subject to immediate removal from office.

Any member of Congress who presses any vote on such legislation (*cough* Madam Speaker *cough*) without giving members suitable time to review said legislation, shall also be held in contempt.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I understand how some proposed laws or whatever congress is trying pass can be thousands of pages long but dropping 2000 pages on someone 24 hours before a vote is BS.

No fking way should Nancy’s husband be buying stock the way they do. If that’s not insider trading I don’t know what is.

I also 2nd the no jumping jacks in a speedo and would like to add no squats in the cucumber field!

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The President already by law must be at least 35. I believe that is in the Constitution.

Great reading if some would actually do that. There's a lot more than just the second amendment there.

The rest I totally agree on.
edit on 25-7-2022 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   
These are all great ideas, best in all of that, politicians get to work for the people and not the lobbyists, oh wait.... that's why it never happens, your taxes aren't enough...

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The CEO to average worker pay ratio is 670:1. It was 20:1 in 1965. Pass a law limiting the CEO worker pay ratio at 100:1. If a CEO chooses to exceed that limit, they will be taxed heavier

This should happen.. we should stop talking about minimum wage and look at ratio of revenue distribution by role... That way employee pay is relative to companies success and there is balance.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Metro Detroit area West Side Suburbia...not city-proper

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I believe that in order to pass any new law you must delete TWO old and /or obsolete ones.

It might prevent knee jerk reactions .

It might also clear up a lot of complicated, outdated nonsense.

I often wonder how many new laws have been created due to old ones failing to be enforced either through incompetence or an unwillingness to act.

edit on 2572022 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Don't forget it is illeagle to carry an ice cream cone in your back pocket in most states.

The reason for this is if a horse follows you home, you can use it until the owner finds and clames it.

Not very useful these days.

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Exactly my point.

If they hadn't wasted so much time and effort on all these new fangled modern art laws they could afford a "Cone Squad" for every town and all our horses and ice creams would be safe!

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

But what if I give him a trumpet?

posted on Jul, 25 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2
But what if I give him a trumpet?

Depends on how he plays it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join