It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a way to block all threads by particular users?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Certain users seem to post mutliple threads each day - either biden bad/ orange man bad, vaccine bad......

It would be a very handy feature if I (and i suspect many others) could just hide them all.

I understand ATS does well through all these clickbait titles and i have no problem with that - just wish I could somehow hide them to find threads that are new and not just the same old rubbish they have peddling for years .

edit sp
edit on 24-7-2022 by johnb because: sp

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Under the headline of the thread is the user's name?

So....
edit on 24/7/22 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Yes . Don't enter them .
Works for me .

Otherwise , no .
Question answered .
edit on 7/24/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   
dont read them, go back to your sand box

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   
lol

i don't read them but thanks for those helpful and polite answers

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Well, I wrote this song for the ATS youth
I wanna teach kids the ATS truth
If you wanna reach those kids on the street
Then you gotta do a rap to a hip-hop beat
I gave my response a urban kick
My rhymes are fly, my beats are sick
My crew is big and it keeps getting bigger
That's cause we all participate with vigor.

Aw yeah.

Word to your mother.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Not until someone like Zuckerberg takes over ownership, and once that type of censorship started happening membership would see a drastic change.

There are plenty of liberal run sites where everything is heavily censored and nearly all of allow total blocking of members who they find offensive. You don't have to learn to get along or see things you don't like in their feed.

I hope ATS never sees that day. In a world where everything and everybody is being directed to conform to the principles and rules of the few, it's nice to have a platform based on sensible, common sense rules that are few, easy to understand and follow.
edit on 700000055America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Oh I agree with that, its not that i neccesarily even disagree with some of those threads but i don't need almost identical threads multiple times a day, it just becomes spam at that point imo.

All those threads are the same handful of people (although i suspect a few are bots or at least employed trolls) having the same tired old arguments ad nauseum - it got boring about decade ago at least

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I don't think you can block threads here.

But daggone, johnb, you have been here since 2003? What's it like being one of the first members of ATS? What was the site like back then? I have so many questions!

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

Back then…you had so many ignores (three maybe?) but could buy a two more with ATS points or after hitting certain plateaus of point spending and earning or something like that. It capped at five, I think. Either way you could remove the ignore to see if they still posted or replace them with someone worse.

It would bog the the site down to a crawl now keeping track of who doesn’t want to see whom with all the members and posts now to be sorted. That is why that feature is long gone. Even all the checking for new mail to light up the envelope got to be too much and that is an easier query and sort.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I remember spending ATS points! And getting 500 points from the "Applause" that mods handed out when they liked a post or thread. Even in 2008, the site was different enough to recognize certain changes today. Now? It just seems more political and less conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Accusing people of being bots because you disagree with them is incredibly rude.a reply to: johnb

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
Certain users seem to post mutliple threads each day - either biden bad/ orange man bad, vaccine bad......

It would be a very handy feature if I (and i suspect many others) could just hide them all.

I understand ATS does well through all these clickbait titles and i have no problem with that - just wish I could somehow hide them to find threads that are new and not just the same old rubbish they have peddling for years .

edit sp

Is there a way I can block this thread that is about someone whining about seeing threads they don’t like?

Asking for a snowflake friend of mine.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Muting people who you disagree with?

That sound like you want to create a safe space or an information bubble.

I'm pretty sure that ATS is supposed to be opposing those things.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Hi, John.
If you're looking for a site with more ability to actively hide, suppress or cancel opinion that you disagree with...maybe ATS just isn't your kind of place.
Fortunately for you, there are many other options available.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I see a lot of posters didnt read above but then that is just another symptom of the problem. (knee jerk response rather than engaging brain)

I agree with some of those posters but there is no need for anybody posting the same stuff in multiple threads every day.

I suggest some are bots not because i disagree with them (see above, i agree with some of those threads) but the frequency and similarity of their posts.

If i was a snow flake i would have left this site 10 - 15 years ago but there are still some 'interesting' posts.

It is the endless repetition of the same threads by the same people that I find annoying and frankly detracts from the quality of this site.

I have zero interest in being in any echo chambers and enjoy a good discussion and having my point of view challenged as that is often how you le

edit on 24-7-2022 by johnb because: meh

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Fortunately for you, there are many other options available.

Many, many, options.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   

some folks are what i like to say are grubin for stars and flags. most times i don't even think they care about what they are posting.

then there are the just plain out trolls.

then there are some of us that try to be funny, sometimes we are, sometimes we ain't. if you pay attention you can tell which is which.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Check, your question is clear enough.

There IS a lot of repetitive crap to wade through.

Not sure why folks act upset that someone would want to be able tune out the static. That is the business of the ATS member so long as such a feature doesn't create a performance drag for other members.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So many rude and unnecessarily angst filled posts in this thread....per the norm

The answer OP, is no there is no way to automatically filter by user

top topics

<<   2 >>

join