It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Climate Action Plan HB19-1261

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I’m trying to understand under what legal basis New York based Environmental Defense Fund and WildEarth Guardians, a New Mexico organization, can sue Colorado air quality board members over its climate inaction.
Clearly, much of what we thought about our Constitutional Republic and states rights has been either altered, sold out from under us, or never existed. How does an out of state non profit group determine Colorado law and the future of its residents?
coloradonewsline.com...
leg.colorado.gov...
In any case, HB19-1261 was passed in 2019, and seems to promise some lofty goals with no real plans to implement them.
At least 26% emission reduction by 2025
50% by 2030
90% by 2050

Exactly what do our legislators plan to do to reduce our carbon energy emissions/dependence by a quarter of its current output in the next 2.5 years? By HALF in the next 7.5 years?
More bike lanes (at the drivers’ expense--right near my house they took out a turn lane and now the traffic backs way up for a bike lane I never see employed--there’s a path by the river two blocks south) and toll roads are popping up here, gas prices rising, metered energy bills which charge prime energy hours (M-F 3-7pm costs the most).

All to appease the climate cult.

What are your local climate policies? Do you see them as viable and well planned or forced at any expense?

In the meantime, I'm working the soil and feeding my family as well as local bees/butterflies/bugs/birds/small creatures in my attempt to give back to the earth.
I love this planet. I do want to care for it and for all its inhabitants, and to my extent, encourage others to care for it as well. I don't entrust it to the likes of the Maurice Strongs of the world though.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

What are your local climate policies? Do you see them as viable and well planned or forced at any expense?

Most states that are fully engaged in Climate Change legislation will continue
to force their non viable plans on the people.

California, New York are probably the worse offenders when it comes
to non sustainable concessions. Most of the taxes can be traced back
to ridiculous legislation; the money is not even going to the actual
"causes". For example, California has a huge surplus, in the billions.

But instead of doing anything to help pollution, or fix infrastructure
they decided to give illegal aliens free health care.

Unless there is accountability, even if Climate Change is a real thing,
it is all going to end up like every other thing the government does.

Failed, corrupted, and things will be worse than where we started!

edit on 14-7-2022 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

The climate issue is being addressed at the bottom- the people who have very little to do with the changing climate.

We're expected to buy EV's (those who can afford it) or take a bus. Mounting evidence that diesel exhaust poses major health hazards and also pollutes the air has caused a big push for busses, semis, and all things diesel to be replaced, yet the capacity to do so is a ways off yet, so we're being forced to cut our noses off to spite our face.

Plane travel is way down, and I'm not convinced it wasn't planned. With the loss of qualified pilots companies have been forced to go to zoom meetings instead of flying to meet in exotic locations. Except for the 1%; they're still jet-setting around the world in their fancy leer jets and private planes for fun- and an occasional meeting. like at the Davos WEF, or the Bilderberg group.

I live in farm country; every year smoke hangs heavy in the air as farmers burn their thousands of acres of wheat field. They claim organic farming isn't profitable enough to be sustainable with the lower yields. One farmer on the Palouse has proven that to be a fallacy; his yields are comparable to chemical farming, without the added cost of fertilizer, insect spraying and require less water- plus, it puts back into the soil what has been taken out.

There are some very, very large polluters and all that's required of them is to buy the right to purchase carbon credits that allow them to keep polluting on a massive scale. Three biggest polluters? China, the US and India.

Addressing the issue at the John Q Citizen level is just politics as usual. There's a crisis for everybody to choose from and fight over while ignoring the bigger picture and all the facts.

join