It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Free Syrian Army (Jihadists) Supports Ukraine To

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Most Commanding Opposition leaders and generals of the so called FSA, Moderate Syrian rebels in the Media's mind set.
Most of the FSA army leaders and generals for the past 11 had since fled Syria to either Gulf States or Turkey.

Had being hoping to be re supported by Western Countries again if they return to Syria.
Its very unlike currently. None less FSA is now making slowly in the news of one of the FSA members of the opposition some gulf state Ukrainian embassy.

The FSA are using a French colonial era flag.

1930–1946

FSA Rebels Support Ukraine to
edit on 1-7-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Oh, the moderate terrorists we armed and trained are siding with Ukraine.

I am not surprised. I saw a video from BBC or one like it trying to whitewash their past a month or so ago.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
did you mean 'too' ???

Yes, the punctuation police just arrived... it's gotten so bad on ATS I cannot help myself.... especially with the 'to' and 'too' situation... literally out of control.... #literallyshaking
edit on 1-7-2022 by headcheck because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2022 by headcheck because: hashtag edit

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well, enemy of my enemy I suppose.

I thought these guys had given up and started negotiations on account of losing their war, and quite badly at that?

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   

"From our experiences in Syria, we might be among those most able of understanding the pain of the people of Ukraine," said Raed al-Saleh, head of the Syria Civil Defence force, known as the White Helmets.

"Syrians have lived the shelling, killing, and displacement brought on them by Russian forces.

Story

The grim spectre of Ukraine and people caught up in the Syrian Civil War is in play. Beyond methods of assisting civilians, the factions opposed to Assad/Russia's military intervention in Syria are likely sharing battlefield experiences and intel with Ukraine.

In Syria, the Assad regime and Russia enjoyed the advantages of rival factions fighting, so they didn't face a united opposition. But in Ukraine, the Russians face determined defenders who are in the rebirth of nationalism.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

I remember the White Helmets propaganda quite well during the Syrian conflict.

You should know during the beginning of the rebels rise they weren't supported nor welcomed by the majority of Syrians in Syria including in Aleppo.

Syrian rebels fight on for Aleppo despite local wariness

70% of the people in Aleppo were with the Syrian gov. Many were in other cities MSM never bothered on reporting those facts.

Just the propaganda for the rebels.
It appears they are bringing them up again in the news.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   

the Russians face determined defenders who are in the rebirth of nationalism.

They are still very unlikely they will win against Russia nor force them to withdraw. The G7 clowns think a price cap on oil and rising fuel is going to impact the Russians/Russia it is impacting us in western countries.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The G7 and Western Countries aren't behind Russia's flawed assumptions concerning up scaling their military intervention in Syria to fit with operations in Ukraine. I posted my thoughts concerning that matter in another thread on the boards.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   

It was the US and its previous admins that escalated the tensions in Ukraine. This conflict started 8 years ago if not earlier in Ukraine.

Russia knew who started. Just as likely China does.

As for Ukraine.

Russia knows their own backyard more than the US/UK who are using Ukraine as a interest on trying to weaken Russia and Ukraine both.

When Boris Johnson showed up in Kiev he declared no negotiations with Moscow.

Whatever the plan is that they had came up with Ukraine is not a winning approach for the G7 nations who believe that Russia would just withdraw and leave Crimea and withdraw as they believe.

To Russia is very important.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 10:29 PM
link   

edit on 1-7-2022 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   

That contention doesn't impact Russia's war effort in Ukraine. The existence of first responders and Civil Defence type organisations is nothing unusual, nor is the battle for global perception and support.

The Ukrainians and Russians are contrasts in military philosophies: So the Russians are welded to a centralised command and control structure that produces rigidity on the battlefield, and their weakness is not having ways to alter plans that don't survive first contact with the enemy.

But the Ukrainians adopted mission command with the decentralised decision-making process that permits junior leaders to display initiative in the face of changing circumstances.

In summary, I don't wish to downplay the experiences of people who witnessed Russia's intervention in Syria or tactical lessons passed on to the Ukrainians. But the Ukrainians outsmarted the Russians by exploiting their military weaknesses, including logistical handicaps, without Syrian input.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   

To be frankly after witnessing some on twitter and other places following the conflict in Ukraine. Sorry to say this to you but the Ukrainians haven't outsmarted the Russians if you are talking about Kiev.

Kiev wasn't even in the plan.

Russians by exploiting their military weaknesses, including logistical handicaps, without Syrian input.

One Key difference from this.
Russians quickly evolve in the battlefield.
Just as they did in Syria during the syrian conflict the Russian upgraded many of Syrian mid 2000s T72s with armor protecting them from most weapons that were supposedly send to the rebels.

atgm wasn't able to destroy them.

But the Ukrainians adopted mission command with the decentralised decision-making process that permits junior leaders to display initiative in the face of changing circumstances.

The endgame for Ukrainians isn't for them to be able to win agaisnt Russia but to continue the conflict. As much as it was happening in Syria.

The Syrian conflict had last 11/12 years.

If i haven't seen anything so far it does appear that the western countries are afraid of sending newer and heavier military equipment for a reason.

without Syrian input

To be fair the Russians haven't mobilized their full force for Ukraine.
The Russians know their own backyard.

edit on 1-7-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

To be frankly after witnessing some on twitter and other places following the conflict in Ukraine. Sorry to say this to you but the Ukrainians haven't outsmarted the Russians if you are talking about Kiev.

Twitter isn't a sound source of information to solely form judgements concerning the War in Ukraine or other conflicts.

Kiev wasn't even in the plan.

Kyiv is one of Russia's failed military objectives in Ukraine, but that outcome deserves further analysis for another discussion/topic.

One Key difference from this.
Russians quickly evolve in the battlefield.
Just as they did in Syria during the syrian conflict the Russian upgraded many of Syrian mid 2000s T72s with armor protecting them from most weapons that were supposedly send to the rebels.

atgm wasn't able to destroy them.

That is the most bizarre argument concerning the Russian military in Ukraine and Syria that I have come across. Also, "the rebels" lacked air defence systems, so they likely faced ammo shortages if they possessed anti-tank weapons. The age of those weapons is another possible issue that might have misled Russian observers.

But in Ukraine, Russian armour fares poorly in the absence of combined arms and modern anti-tank platforms. So rediscovering old lessons is hardly innovative. Also, suppressing initiative prevents innovation and adaption by soldiers at the battalion level.

If i haven't seen anything so far it does appear that the western countries are afraid of sending newer and heavier military equipment for a reason.

Another strange argument that ignores logistics/transport issues.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Twitter isn't a sound source of information to solely form judgements concerning the War in Ukraine or other conflicts.

No but both sides had being posting maps.

Another strange argument that ignores logistics/transport issues.

The Ukrainian side claims that they have an air force where is it? is it likely that Russia destroyed all of its jet fighter at the beginning of the conflict?

This needs discussion as much for analysis.
edit on 2-7-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 03:03 AM
link   

No Russia did not destroy Ukraine's air force. Just as Russia did not destroy all of Ukraine's missile defense systems. Russia has claimed both but actions to date, with Ukraine shooting down missiles and aircraft, has shot the claim by Russia all to hell. If Russia had succeeded at both, they would not hide within Russia's border instead of entering Ukraine airspace.
edit on 2-7-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Instead of taking the risk of dragging this thread off-topic, I have sent you a PM.

posted on Jul, 2 2022 @ 05:01 AM
link   
More double standards , how ? Tik tok Battalions shouting Allah ackbar while invading eastern europe.

Point is , you have no case when you are doing the same thing.
edit on 2-7-2022 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Doesn't surprise me. Both are American vassals.

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

No Russia did not destroy Ukraine's air force

Where is are the the jet fighters of Kiev than?

Russia destroyed their major airports. Majority of Ukrainian jet fighters had being outdated to the current's most air force in the world.

edit on 3-7-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join