It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coping during stressful/anxiety ridden times

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

If you're concerned about how the decisions of others may or may not impact your life then your are forfeiting your power to them.

Tyrants never win in the long run because they never have the numbers in their favor.

Life your life like your in control. Because you are.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000

If you're concerned about how the decisions of others may or may not impact your life then your are forfeiting your power to them.

Tyrants never win in the long run because they never have the numbers in their favor.

I'll try to keep it in mind, though it might not work 100%.
Thanks

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Yeah. I relate heavily with what you wrote. I wish strength to you. I know it is hard. I was already insane before 2020 and now this... all this

I logged in just to post this. Just to join the choir. I think you really should give CBD a chance. It does not have to be like "Starting a new drug" like you stated. It is not psychoactive, you will not "get high" or anything like that. And if you do not like it after you try, then you do not like it and you do not use it at all.

I have depression, anxiety, insomnia, psychotic disorder, dissociation and alcoholism. CBD helps, i mean it helps massively. It is more than coping. I almost feel alive at times. Not just a constant survival mode, just to survive and cope more. But to actually live this small life of mine. With CBD. Give it a little bit of thought, please. Google a little bit.

Sending love from Finland!

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MapOfNowhere

Yeah. I relate heavily with what you wrote. I wish strength to you. I know it is hard. I was already insane before 2020 and now this... all this

I logged in just to post this. Just to join the choir. I think you really should give CBD a chance. It does not have to be like "Starting a new drug" like you stated. It is not psychoactive, you will not "get high" or anything like that. And if you do not like it after you try, then you do not like it and you do not use it at all.

I have depression, anxiety, insomnia, psychotic disorder, dissociation and alcoholism. CBD helps, i mean it helps massively. It is more than coping. I almost feel alive at times. Not just a constant survival mode, just to survive and cope more. But to actually live this small life of mine. With CBD. Give it a little bit of thought, please. Google a little bit.

Sending love from Finland!
Thanks ,I will definitely try CBD, I will need to. I'm not taking any meds (don't want to as they're trash) , and need something to help me keep going. I have bookmarked some CBD sites that putnam posted

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   

That is really good
I am confident that you will find at least some level of relief from CBD. It is not a magical solution to all problems, but it can really help a lot anyway.

When / if you decide to try it, please let us know then. I am interested to read about your experience with it, and i bet these other people are interested also.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Yes do let us know how it works for you, I first heard about CBD here on ATS, then when my sister recommend it too, it was why I gave it shot.

One last thing though just remember to keep hydrated...

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 12:02 AM
link   

You sound like you find stress relief through physical action.

You also state that you lack the patience to focus on any one task for any length of time.

May I therefore suggest a modified form of carpentry?

Not with the goal of actually building anything; certainly not anything useful.

No, just pound nails into a random pieces of wood for awhile, change hands every no and then. Or get a hand saw and start sawing.

The goal is to occupy the body, draining off the nervous energy, while giving your mind time and space to unwind and not be focused on anything.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

One last thing though just remember to keep hydrated...

A very simple advice. About as basic stuff as basic stuff gets. But this really is crucial

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Two relaxing things to try
ashwagandha, comes in many forms.
Watching historical documentaries on YouTube

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 04:20 AM
link   
CBD I have found to be very relaxing. At times too relaxing and I pass out lol. I have noticed the CBD pre-rolls give me a headache. Liquid under your tongue works well. I have to say tho the rt strain of 420 is where it's at. Unfortunately there's a lot of junk strains too.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   
So true!!!

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

You sound like you find stress relief through physical action.

You also state that you lack the patience to focus on any one task for any length of time.

May I therefore suggest a modified form of carpentry?

Not with the goal of actually building anything; certainly not anything useful.

No, just pound nails into a random pieces of wood for awhile, change hands every no and then. Or get a hand saw and start sawing.

The goal is to occupy the body, draining off the nervous energy, while giving your mind time and space to unwind and not be focused on anything.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

Thanks

CloneFarm is 100% correct.

The only thing you can ever truly control is yourself. It's all part of the same theme and intrinsically linked with your op.

To simplify things it's all fight, flight or freeze. Our natural stay safe reactions to the world around us but the big problem is we don't live moment to moment totally reactionary like an animal. Bluntly put we're often carrying around chemical emotional baggage.

Whether it be from the commute, watching the news, steering kids away from sharp objects it's all stressing us out and giving anxiety. It's all totally reactionary.

Then there's the negative affirmations which I don't want to get into too much but if you think negatively and look for negativity you'll affirm the cycle and do your mood nothing positive.

How to beat it?

Ain't no 1 way to beat stress/anxiety I guess, some will swear by chemicals, some will swear by scenarios where your body makes the chemicals. I've got a soft touch for the hippy approach... A bit of love and light brightens the day usually lol.

Whatever makes you feel easier. Again CloneFarm is right about malicious control freaks, they always lose control and they always lose their narrative... Strive to be nothing like them.

So... Be proactive, know that things like structure, diet, excercise, good sleep and other basics will inevitably make the chemical part of stress and anxiety much more efficient.

Learn reactions... Does something really piss you off or really stress you out? Certain climate feel like a panic attack? Take notice! Learn it and realise it's all a chemical response usually fitted around a timed response. This could be upto 90 mins for someone on a real temper tantrum so if you're reading this and thinking "I know someone like that" you probably shouldn't shout at them, it isn't all that easy to 'come down' but I digress... It's all chemical, learning your actions and reactions means you can start getting into the realm of pre-action or prepping. Tie all that in with a few distraction techniques and a bit practice? Life can be more tolerable and you won't even have to ask more of anyone else, probably less actually!

Most importantly... Be positive! I don't do it enough myself and I know I'm a complete arse at the best of times but I'm constantly giving the benefit of doubt and the hopes of witnessing a humbler choice. Sometimes I'm surprised and I hope for others at times I've atleast held surprises.

Apologies for the long post, continue coping and I hope things improve!

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Again, so true!! I am an obvious Iron Man nut lol I started building helmets and suits etc during the 1st drag out of lock down. My wife does this thing called the "Mirror" it's pretty crazy you have a yoga or Pilates instructor in the mirror you can see yourself in, its trippy the 1st or 2nd time but I jumped in on the work outs with her and no bull# I feel so much better. I am definitely not going to be in the best shape of my life but just getting the blood flowing is super nice. The mirrors a little expensive but I am sure there are YouTube channels and what not. Sorry to make your long post 2x longer lol I feel like this is a good thing. With all the bull# in the world a few people sharing how they get by is a breathe of fresh air. Thank you.

originally posted by: RAY1990

originally posted by: ancientlight

Thanks

CloneFarm is 100% correct.

The only thing you can ever truly control is yourself. It's all part of the same theme and intrinsically linked with your op.

To simplify things it's all fight, flight or freeze. Our natural stay safe reactions to the world around us but the big problem is we don't live moment to moment totally reactionary like an animal. Bluntly put we're often carrying around chemical emotional baggage.

Whether it be from the commute, watching the news, steering kids away from sharp objects it's all stressing us out and giving anxiety. It's all totally reactionary.

Then there's the negative affirmations which I don't want to get into too much but if you think negatively and look for negativity you'll affirm the cycle and do your mood nothing positive.

How to beat it?

Ain't no 1 way to beat stress/anxiety I guess, some will swear by chemicals, some will swear by scenarios where your body makes the chemicals. I've got a soft touch for the hippy approach... A bit of love and light brightens the day usually lol.

Whatever makes you feel easier. Again CloneFarm is right about malicious control freaks, they always lose control and they always lose their narrative... Strive to be nothing like them.

So... Be proactive, know that things like structure, diet, excercise, good sleep and other basics will inevitably make the chemical part of stress and anxiety much more efficient.

Learn reactions... Does something really piss you off or really stress you out? Certain climate feel like a panic attack? Take notice! Learn it and realise it's all a chemical response usually fitted around a timed response. This could be upto 90 mins for someone on a real temper tantrum so if you're reading this and thinking "I know someone like that" you probably shouldn't shout at them, it isn't all that easy to 'come down' but I digress... It's all chemical, learning your actions and reactions means you can start getting into the realm of pre-action or prepping. Tie all that in with a few distraction techniques and a bit practice? Life can be more tolerable and you won't even have to ask more of anyone else, probably less actually!

Most importantly... Be positive! I don't do it enough myself and I know I'm a complete arse at the best of times but I'm constantly giving the benefit of doubt and the hopes of witnessing a humbler choice. Sometimes I'm surprised and I hope for others at times I've atleast held surprises.

Apologies for the long post, continue coping and I hope things improve!

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 04:57 AM
link   

edit on Fri Jul 1 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   
AMEN! :-)

originally posted by: StevenWendellNelson777

edit on Fri Jul 1 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I have to get on with my day, please everyone stay positive and productive. Have a wonderful day.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
screaming is a method !

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MapOfNowhere

That is really good
I am confident that you will find at least some level of relief from CBD. It is not a magical solution to all problems, but it can really help a lot anyway.

When / if you decide to try it, please let us know then. I am interested to read about your experience with it, and i bet these other people are interested also.
I will keep you updated if I try CBD

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Two relaxing things to try
ashwagandha, comes in many forms.
Watching historical documentaries on YouTube

I've been hearing about that too, LOL Shane Gillis was talking about it. I need to do some research...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join