It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future King--SN2022

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 12:50 AM
link   
So much depending on this moment; to think it almost never happened.

She was losing too much blood; it had all gone wrong so quickly. She sighed her last just as the future king took his first hearty gulp of air.

Had he grown under a mother’s care could he have summoned the nerve later to do what had to be done for the sake of mankind? For the species to survive, a steeling against innate horror and conscience was requisite. His hard life was sealed at birth.

Nonetheless, an army of angels hovered over where the sleeping babe lay.

The End

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Thanks for your Story submission,

Good Luck io the Contest!
Johnny

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks, Johnny!

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

That's an epic tale, zosimov! A Brave New World awaits are budding monarch.

Iron Maiden always leaves me with a strong "I will conquer the world" kind of vibe. Bruce Dickinson is quite a literary guru and this is evident in so many of their songs.

Up The Irons!

edit on 30/6/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I was in an epic mood last night, and certainly the Maiden had a lot to do with that

I feel the same way about the Iron Maiden conquer-the-world vibe! Well put, too, about the heavy literary influence and the superb writing evident in so many of their songs.

Cheers, Encia!! Thank you, and I'm happy you got an epic vibe too.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Absolutely, I always get goosebumps when listening to them. I've seen them live about four times, but nothing prepared me for their performance in 1988 at the Monsters of Rock concert at Castle Donnington.

The way they did the setlist was inspired. Just as the sun was setting they did Wasted Years and The Clairvoyant... it was truly mesmerising.

That concert was both epic and tragic. They let in 107K people (30k too many); people got crushed against the barriers and two people died. Bruce stopped the gig at one point, menacing to leave the stage if people didn't back away from the stage. I think he saved many souls that night with that call to arms.

One particular story stuck with me. A kid was taken away and ended up in a coma. He came out of it when they played to him a recording of Maiden's concert from that fateful night.

If you're interested, here's the setlist of that gig... with YT links to the songs.

www.setlist.fm...

edit on 30/6/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join