It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

travel/immigration from Europe to the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hi all.

Does anyone have any advice about the travel situation right now from Europe to the US , as an 'unvaccinated' person?

And what about immigration from Europe to the US? It seems impossible to do the legal way

My son's father(ex) is in Europe , there's nothing I can do to persuade him to try to move here. Our son will move here with me again soon.
My ex says that's it's near impossible to move.
I would prefer him living here as well as I have very little family here for the rest and my son has never experienced both parents living in the same country.

I'm at a point of giving up. It's soo unfair, he would be welcomed with open arms if he came in through the south border, but legal is near impossible

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yep , southern border is best shot. Make sure your wearing your vote Democrat 2024 shirt and you’ll prolly get a airplane ticket anywhere in US a cell phone and a debit card.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

If he can't go to your place, you could also go to his. But, that really depends on where the priorities are set.

Green Card Eligibility Categories

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

If he can't go to your place, you could also go to his. But, that really depends on where the priorities are set.

Green Card Eligibility Categories
No, for multiple reasons, that's not possible at all. Don't assume this has to do with 'priorities', as you don't know me or our situation.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   

There are no vaccine requirements to travel in either direction. Immigration to the US from the EU requires the US sponsor to begin the process in the US, family reunification is typically not an issue.

All the information is on the State Department website.

edit on 29-6-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Green Card for Immediate Relatives of U.S. Citizen

If you are an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, you can become a lawful permanent resident (get a Green Card) based on your family relationship if you meet certain eligibility requirements.

You are an immediate relative if you are:

The spouse of a U.S. citizen;
The unmarried child under 21 years of age of a U.S. citizen; or
The parent of a U.S. citizen (if the U.S. citizen is 21 years of age or older).
This page provides specific information for immediate relatives in the United States who want to apply for lawful permanent resident status while in the United States. This is called “adjustment of status.” You should also read the Instructions for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, before you apply.

It does not seem all too hard to get a green card... but it surely is a lot of paperwork and whatnot. Maybe there are a criterion that will exclude the father of your son from being eligible for green card... if so, there is only one way. Those who seek solutions find ways, everyone else finds excuses.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There are no vaccine requirements to travel in either direction. Immigration to the US from the EU requires the US sponsor to begin the process in the US, family reunification is typically not an issue.

All the information is on the State Department website.

I know the 'covid vaccine' is not a 'vaccine' at all, but last time I checked that's still needed to be able to enter the US as a non-US citizen?

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

If you are an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, you can become a lawful permanent resident (get a Green Card) based on your family relationship if you meet certain eligibility requirements.

This page provides specific information for immediate relatives in the United States who want to apply for lawful permanent resident status while in the United States. This is called “adjustment of status.” You should also read the Instructions for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, before you apply.

It does not seem all too hard to get a green card... but it surely is a lot of paperwork and whatnot. Maybe there are a criterion that will exclude the father of your son from being eligible for green card... if so, there is only one way. Those who seek solutions find ways, everyone else finds excuses.
Yes, so my ex is the parent of a US citizen, yet he drags his feet in getting a green card . It's really annoying.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Non-US, yes, US citizens, no.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
Yes, so my ex is the parent of a US citizen, yet he drags his feet in getting a green card . It's really annoying.

If he is your ex then he cannot get one without sponsorship which means you need to begin the process:

This page provides specific information for immediate relatives in the United States who want to apply for lawful permanent resident status while in the United States. This is called “adjustment of status.” You should also read the Instructions for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status before you apply.
If you are a widow or widower of a U.S. citizen, please see Green Card for Widow(er)s for information about how to apply for a Green Card.

If you are currently outside the United States, see Consular Processing for information about how to apply for a Green Card as an immediate relative.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 06:02 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   

edit on Thu May 4 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join