It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin has doomed Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
a reply to: turretless

The road to the west's recovery lies with regional trade and energy production. The Covid - 19 pandemic and war in Ukraine exposed the excess of globalisation and the vulnerability of global on-demand supply chains. But the interim period that we are entering is heading for stormy waters. For instance, Australia is facing an energy crisis, despite exporting coal and LNG. But Russia has no such path out of its self-inflicted strategic wounds.

Moreover, Russia's actions in Ukraine don't remove the threats posed to international security by the rise of China and non-state actors following on from ISIS's lead.

In what year do you think this restoration of the West will take place?

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   

A fascinating and excellent question and the answer relies on the factors one considers. If the measuring stick is unification against Russia and China's brands of dictatorship and coercion, then the process is already underway. In culturally insular New Zealand, the war in Ukraine caused a minor ripple in the political establishment. Also, concerning the reality of the threats to regional security posed by China is appearing on the radar.

Also, another step away from their pacifist constitution, Japan supplied military equipment to Ukraine. The first measure Japan undertook in that direction was making a military contribution to the U.S. lead coalition in the Iraq War. Also, Japan admitted a small number of refugees from Ukraine, representing a significant policy shift.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   

A fascinating and excellent question and the answer relies on the factors one considers. If the measuring stick is unification against Russia and China's brands of dictatorship and coercion, then the process is already underway. In culturally insular New Zealand, the war in Ukraine caused a minor ripple in the political establishment. Also, concerning the reality of the threats to regional security posed by China is appearing on the radar.

Also, another step away from their pacifist constitution, Japan supplied military equipment to Ukraine. The first measure Japan undertook in that direction was making a military contribution to the U.S. lead coalition in the Iraq War. Also, Japan admitted a small number of refugees from Ukraine, representing a significant policy shift.

When I asked you the question, I meant other things.

I asked you about when the purchasing power of the middle class in the West will be restored, for example, to the purchasing power that it was in 2000?

asolandiacash.com/whoosh-dollars-purchasing-power-goes-to-hack-as-service-inflation-takes-off-food-spikes-energy-explodes-but-used-cars-finally-stall/

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

I asked you about when the purchasing power of the middle class in the West will be restored, for example, to the purchasing power that it was in 2000?

asolandiacash.com/whoosh-dollars-purchasing-power-goes-to-hack-as-service-inflation-takes-off-food-spikes-energy-explodes-but-used-cars-finally-stall/

What has happened to salaries during that same time period?

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I estimate that the economic recovery from the Covid - 19 pandemic and war in Ukraine will occur over 6 - 10 years. Governments will or are facing a period of repaying debt and perhaps economic restructuring. But there isn't any prospect of Kiwi's buying power surviving insanely high housing and living costs, but that was a current issue before stagflation was added into the mix.

Also, a reckoning with monetary policy failures that fueled inflation is required, but that is a discussion for another time.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I do not know this.

But ever since I came here, I've been seeing threads that the price growth rate in the West is incredibly high.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I do not know this.

But ever since I came here, I've been seeing threads that the price growth rate in the West is incredibly high.

Inflation has jumped in 2022 for a number of reasons but we are coming off a period of low inflation for last 2 decades.

Inflation rate in the UK is about half that of Russia at moment so not a western issue.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I estimate that the economic recovery from the Covid - 19 pandemic and war in Ukraine will occur over 6 - 10 years. Governments will or are facing a period of repaying debt and perhaps economic restructuring. But there isn't any prospect of Kiwi's buying power surviving insanely high housing and living costs, but that was a current issue before stagflation was added into the mix.

Also, a reckoning with monetary policy failures that fueled inflation is required, but that is a discussion for another time.

It follows from your words that until 2030 the West will be seriously weakened due to economic problems.

Maybe this is a chance for Russia, what do you think?

I remember how, on one of the cartoons, Russian jokers wrote "LGBT Caliphate" on the place that Europe occupies on the map (excluding Russia), and instead of the USA and Canada, "The Great Desert of Tolerance."

By the way, Russian economist Mikhail Khazin also believes that the economic downturn in the West will go on for 5 years.

But he believes that as a result of it, the West will lose control over the rest of the world. The European Union and NATO will disappear. There will be several currency zones in the world. All of them will establish their own rules within their zones.

And as a result of the loss of control over the world, the power of the United States will decrease significantly.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I do not know this.

Inflation has jumped in 2022 for a number of reasons but we are coming off a period of low inflation for last 2 decades.

Inflation rate in the UK is about half that of Russia at moment so not a western issue.

You forget that the Russians (in the 1990s) already had experience in overcoming inflation, which was ten times higher than the current inflation rate in Russia.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Tarantula777

Now do a similar analysis of the West. With regards to general readiness for conflict and past performance. Second world war Berlin was taken by Russia and won by Hitlers mistake opening a second front which ground down Germany. Korea a Stalemate. Vietnam and embarrassment Afghanistan is another embarrassment. Iraq is a quick occupation paid for by their oil a partial sucsess? . Underestimating Russia will be a tactical mistake. Sure they got their ass whipped in Afghanistan when the West gave the Taliban surface-to-air missiles realizing it was a mistake withdrew and suffered the Graveyard of Empires., and the Soviet Union collapsed. But more than likely those gifted missiles were used against the doners. War is a mug's game.
Hitler admitted in a conversation with the head of their Finish allies that he had underestimated Russia's tank production capacity. If the Motherland is directly attacked the place works like a well-oiled machine.

I agree those that who forget history are doomed to repeat it, but you are trying to shoehorn 1940s socio/political ideology into 2022's complexities and outright dysfunction.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I do not know this.

You forget that the Russians (in the 1990s) already had experience in overcoming inflation, which was ten times higher than the current inflation rate in Russia.

Didn't forget at all and at its peak it was more like a 100 times higher than current rates.

Merely pointing out that inflation isn't just a problem for the west, in fact like most economic indicators is more of a problem for Russia.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

That would be your favorite Russian Leader Boris Yeltsin.

How you know all this ? are you Uri Geller ?

You seem to be right at home in Russia , everyone else bad Russia good.

You spit out multiple threads a day hatin on everything that is part of our world and then blame us for it.

if we share our opinion you go into personal attacks.

The loudest in the room is usually the weakest.

Then you talk about Russiafobia , nobody besides you makes so much treads just trashing every western citizen , think you are the one suffering from fobia.

edit on 28-6-2022 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   
he doesnt need to win against anyone because the war is rubbish. its all part of shadow deals with biden and his #head son. no joke. or else we woulda been at war already.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Didn't they say Russia was doomed from the sanctions as well?

Remind me again how all that's working out...

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

While it is true Russia has smaller population than the US, Russia is backed by China which has 4 times the population of the US. China has 4 times the population of the US. Russia has 4 times the population of Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: taitekman

While it is true Russia has smaller population than the US, Russia is backed by China which has 4 times the population of the US. China has 4 times the population of the US. Russia has 4 times the population of Ukraine.

NUmbers when they lack leadership works against them. ALso about HALF of those are old,frail,children. so its more like1.8 times or 2 times able bodied soldiers.
Throw in biological weapons or nuclear weapons cut it in half again. Point is numbers are not a insta win.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think people should be worried about on who will be Putin's successor...probably someone 10 x worse than him. In any case the old russians, the ones who lived in the soviet union period are used to being 'gagged' and living with less, completely different from the new generations who were born with all the Western commodities.

Russia has already declared it wants a full Ukrainian surrendering, I'd say this war, not a "special operation", will last for a couple more years...

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The last thing the world needs is a destabilized isolated, and desperate nuclear power with enough firepower to turn most of the world to ashes. Let's hope and pray they get their act together.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I applauded Putin's moral stance even if I knew the Russian Orthodox Church was infiltrated and turned into a tool of state during the soviet period and remains one today.

I applauded his stance on keeping his nation for his people'(s),.

I thought that since the movement of the Crimea over to the Ukraine was simply an administrational change made by a Ukrainian born Soviet era president that perhaps Russia did have a claim on it until I looked deeper into the history of the region and Stalin's holocaust (For that is what it was) of the native Crimean tartars and resettlement of the area with Russian's while those tartars that were not shipped off to some gulag somewhere or died in transit were resettled in other far away regions far from there homeland while only a small remnant of them remained there.

I thought his argument against NAZI's was a good one, everyone should hate NAZI's but it turns out there are MORE of them in Russia and he is not dealing with those scum bag's so his claim about denazification was a lie and a pretext for a land grab and attempt to take back over the Ukraine which HE believed is Russia and that it's people should NOT have the right to have there own independence from him.

But I was wrong almost every time.

His moral stance was a pretext for ordering Russian society and clamping down on individual thought and freedom's.

His Patriotism was about Control as well, he has small man syndrome and wants the biggest empire.

His retaking of Crimea was actually a reinstatement of the crime of Stalin and a further denial of the Ukrainian Tartars whom want there homeland back (But this is a complex one, certainly and arguably Russia does actually have more historic right to the Crimea than the Ukraine does but actually NOT the other regions even if they were heavily colonized with Russians under Stalin as well.

And while I Still hate NAZI's on BOTH sides of that conflict it is Putin's invasion that is acting like a Fascist occupation, a re-enactment of Hitler's land grab's at the start of WW2 were he too claimed areas populated by German speakers or that had once been were really German homeland.

Basically while I see NO saints in this conflict Putin is by far the more out of line and he has pitched the start of the twenty first century into a nightmare that may lead us into nuclear Armageddon.

Putin used mercenary's before the Ukraine asked for foreign volunteers (NOT mercenary's despite Russia's VILE statement there, Mercenary's work for Money they are BOUNTY Soldiers but I know of NO such soldiers being used by the Ukraine though if they did since they are fighting FOR Ukraine on Ukrainian Territory then even BOUNTY Soldiers would be protected by international law unless they committed human rights violations), no instead the SO CALLED Mercenary's the Russians are sentencing to death in breach of the Geneva convention are actually Volunteer soldiers, they are fighting for a cause not pay, most of them left comfortable lives or at least better ones to fight for a nation they had probably never been before simply because they saw an act of injustice and aggression by Putin's Russia against it's peaceful neighbour.

I don't know if this has doomed Russia but it has certainly made it a far darker, worse nation for even it's own people to live in and one that is going back into the totalitarianism of the old soviet years, something SOME Russians actually relish as crazy as that sound's.

It will certainly harm Russia's future as well, they will fall behind and end up being exploited by China for all they are worth though China may play the knife behind there back and if they think they can break Russia up and take control of Siberia and other resource rich areas of Russia for themselves they most definitely shall, they have the bigger population by far and need those resources very badly and would LOVE to build city's and resettle there own excess population there.

Putin has made a more dangerous world for everyone.

Finland and Sweden were neutral, now they are joining Nato, no if's and no but's.

Putin accused NATO of surrounding Russia, now it HAS to for it's own protection against a mad man.

NATO Forces in Finland are a major strategic blow to Russia as well, a massive one that is not something Russia can correct even with a thousand hypersonic missiles at there disposal.

Putin has forced his nation to become an ENEMY to the west even though the majority of the west and in fact I would argue that the west in it's entirety except a few fossil's left over from the old Cold War and a few predatory corporations was NOT Russia's enemy OR a Threat to it, Putin NEEDED the west to be a threat to solidify his hold on power and perhaps to bring back the Soviet system albeit perhaps not at it was but a soviet system to maintain the grip on power for him and when he is gone his close clique of allies and likely already chosen successor if the rumours about his health are true, basically this was about reversing the failure of the military to take control during the Russian 1993 constitutional crisis or as we more easily know it in the west the attempted coup by hard liners in the Russian military to keep things as they where so they could go on enjoying there big Dachas and Caviar dinners living like kings as chosen son's of the so called party, that is what this crisis rises out of, Putin a former KGB (but NOT former a Disgruntled KGB) colonel whom see's himself as a patriot wanting to roll back the clock and restore the power, prestige and pecking order of his Clique with the backing of some remaining old time hardliners and the new generation of hardliners that are only too happy to see there country go backward if it means it is better for themselves.

And to achieve this he is willing to kill as many of his nations and other peoples kids as he has to.

Meanwhile China is watching, planning and pretending to be there friend while holding that knife behind there back's.

And when I say China I do NOT mean the Chinese people I mean the power hungry Chinese Communist party (which like the Soviet system is NOT a communist party but a party of neo elitists that want to keep hold of power and the imperial status it gives them and the richer, more powerful they make there country the more powerful it makes them and elevates there status, they must be laughing at Putin behind his back).

edit on 28-6-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
First China with the COVID and now Russia with a qualified WWIII world-ending threat.

That’s a sure symbol at least that these two regimes (NOT THE RUSSIAN AND CHINESE PEOPLE) are a world menace. And of course, NATO should accept its responsibility for its overextending NATO, not that I’m blaming them for this dirty, immoral war directly but we have to look at the whole issue.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Putin is pushing China to go ahead and start that war over Taiwan, so Putin can make NATO more or less face a two-front war.

WWIII is NOT in this case disaster porn, it is a real possibility.

COVID from China in 2019, and Russia with the ( God forbid) potential in igniting WWIII in 2022 looks very sinister. At best a synchronicity and symbol or worse a deep sinister plan of immense evil from two evil governments.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join