It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother scuffing VA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Finally got the paperwork telling me why I was denied a rating for my back that is falling apart.

They are saying I was diagnosed with scoliosis at Meps, ok possible sure but considering the LONG-TERM EFFECTS... shouldn't someone have they I don't know TALKED to me about it.

Or after 5-6 years in when I started complaining about back pain shouldn't my PCM have I don't know talked to me about it and gone oversteps I can take to minimize the pain.

There is no doubt in my mind that 20 years working and flying on military airplanes damaged my back and now they want to claim this I am so fricking pissed right now.

edit on 27-6-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You need to get a VA advocate to do all this for you. They will get just about anything thru.....which should include filing an appeal.
edit on 2022 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   
What really infuriates me is after a quick google the way you prevent back pain and potential impact on organs is prompt treatment, but they bring it up now 25 years later.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   

No offense, but they want you to be a big pharma lap dog. They are literally obsessed with money, not the wellfare of the patient. As long as your in some form of pain you will eventually be on some form of pill that will cause some form of side effects which will then be given another pill until your 80-90yrs old on 12 different medications.

This is what they do, this is how its been for all of the elderly. Some get so warped with medications they can't come off a single one of them w/o their entire body shutting down. Sadly, as long as Big Pharma remains unchecked this type of stuff will happen. ALL healthcare has been compromised the past few years.. Even dentist are 'faking' cavities just to meet quota's.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackArrow

Nope already doing the work to get referred out of the system and just have the VA pay it.

Have no faith in them to do anything except give me pills that will kill me.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

PM sent.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   

My son lives in Willow and he has been dealing with this kind of BS for many years now. 20+ years of service left him with some pretty serious injuries that just keep getting worse over time, but the VA criteria seems to be based on a pretty high bar; if you can still crawl, you don't need their help. lol

It seems to be part of the tactic to deny claims, and most people will just give up and go away. Don't do that; start researching, ask other vets and keep fighting!

Thank you for your service!

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Got a lawyer the deal is they get a percentage of back pay when it's all said on done.

I don't get paid they don't get paid.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Asking other vets is the way to go. I had a few friends a while back when I was going to school that all got disabilities pretty easily. One was 80% the other like 120%. To be fair both were multiple tour combat vets one of which was blown up once...not sure if they handle combat vets differently than those who dont actually "go into combat" not that that means you can't get injured. It just wouldn't surprise me to find out they did apply a double standard.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

not sure if they handle combat vets differently than those who dont actually "go into combat" not that that means you can't get injured. It just wouldn't surprise me to find out they did apply a double standard.

They do; non of my son's injuries were from his time in Desert Storm, but his broken ankle and both knees being trashed- even after surgeries- were all service related. The knees are too far gone even for replacement, yet still they fought his disability.
They need to treat our vets better.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Got a lawyer the deal is they get a percentage of back pay when it's all said on done.

I don't get paid they don't get paid.

They don't usually take the case if there isn't much of a chance of winning, and I would think it's worth not having to deal with the hassle. Good luck!

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Check with the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) The American Legion and other veteran association as they have people who will advocate and file the paperwork for you for free. It took me 5 years to get from 40 to 80 percent. It sometimes takes awhile but in most cases you will get back pay from the original file date. The VA is a unique organization and makes it difficult to understand their logic in rating veterans. So its best to reach out or help. It worked for me.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The VA just sent me some kind of fancy pin for 10 years of something. I am unsure if it is for being a veteran or for my research.

The DAV (Disabled American Veterans) used to have people who would put your case together and something like lawyers who would go in and argue your case. They still might do this.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The whole thing stinks, in the last 4 years I have gone to multiple doctors, and had 2 different neurosurgeons look at my MRI's and X-rays and yet not a one every asked if I was diagnosed with scoliosis, and I never put it on any of my medical history paperwork.

top topics

join