It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: First responders say multiple fatalities in Amtrak train crash near Mendon, Missouri

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
twitter.com...

BNO News
@BNONews
BREAKING: First responders say multiple fatalities in Amtrak train crash near Mendon, Missouri

www.fox3now.com...

Multiple people are feared dead after Amtrak train derails near Kansas City while traveling from Chicago to LA.A derailment involving an Amtrak train that was carrying 243 passengers occurred close to Kansas City in Missouri. It is thought that multiple individuals were killed in the incident.

Monday afternoon, the Southwest Chief train, which was going from Los Angeles to Chicago, went off the tracks in Mendon, Missouri.

twitter.com...

train has derailed after hitting a dump truck near Mendon in central Missouri. Amtrak says there were around 243 passengers onboard with "early reports of injuries."

www.kmbc.com...

Several train cars can be seen on their side in photos posted to social media shortly after the incident.

The crash appears to have taken place near Mendon, Missouri.

Amtrak has confirmed that several cars derailed on train four traveling from Los Angeles to Chicago after striking a dump truck at a public crossing in Mendon, Missouri, at 1:42 pm. There are approximately 243 passengers onboard with early reports of injuries.

Local authorities are currently assisting riders; Amtrak says it has deployed resources to help.

Information on injuries or potential fatalities has yet to be confirmed by emergency services or other authorities.

One passenger, Rob Nightengale, was on the train and went live on Facebook shortly after the derailment. In his video, he can be heard saying that he believes the train collided with a truck attempting to cross the tracks.

Several other passengers have posted photos of what appears to be several passenger cars on their side.

edit on 27-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

All I can say is my prayers.

S&F, I'll keep pace when I can.

I see cars, semi's, trucks and even people trying to cross quite often. Happens more often than you think, except there are major casualties involved here.

Again my prayers.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Not hearing of deaths yet on CNN, so let's hope it's another overreaction

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

3 medical helicopters headed to Mendon now. And 2 news heli's.

Time.....

Old saying.
Expect the worst, and be happy when it's over.
There was an awful amount of kinetic energy. I'm fearing for the children, those whom can't help themselves, and animals.

God help them all please.
edit on 27-6-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one, the bobo driving the truck. It also wouldn't be a shock if the engineer and conductor were also killed.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one, the bobo driving the truck. It also wouldn't be a shock if the engineer and conductor were also killed.

Yeah, a dump truck isn't going to be like plowing through an AMC Pacer,

I could see people getting hurt badly from just it tipping over especially if you happened to be in a window seat.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The pictures I've seen show the train lying on its side. I'll be surprised if there aren't at least a few deaths.

Apparently the train was going about 90 MPH when it hit the dump truck!

edit on 27-6-2022 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Dammit

twitter.com...

BNO News
@BNONews

edit on 27-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Lookner has live coverage….

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
OMG! My prayers are out for all on that train. I can't even imagine. The pictures look horrifying.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This just confirms my long-held opinion that dump trucks are a very real hazard on the road.

I had never heard of Mendon before, though I have lived in the Kansas City area most of my life. "Near Kansas City" might make sense to someone in LA or Chicago, but not to me.

The video shows the train cars lying in a line on their sides - a good thing. If the train had hit the dump truck in the middle, cars would be scattered in a zig-zag and/or or piled on top of each other. The straight line of cars would indicate a sideswipe.
edit on 27-6-2022 by Lazarus Short because: yupyupyup

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   

What's crazy is I read about this yesterday (Sunday). Maybe 2 derailments?

Here is yesterday's story: abc7news.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Terrible news. Hope loss is minimal. There was another Amtrak accident today, in Northern California. A train slammed into a car at 80mph, killing 3 adults, and 2 children were airlifted to a hospital in serious condition. The adults were 41, 72, and 50 something.

The train crossing didn't have lights or a gaurd! Just a stop sign. Bad day for Amtrak. Sad.

www.google.com...

edit on 27-6-2022 by Backagain because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2022 by Backagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   
meh

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Backagain

That was this one, and it was yesterday (Sunday): www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could be a new method for terrorist attacks. If there is a third Amtrak vs Vehicle derailment this week, we'll know almost for sure, that's the case.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Backagain

That was this one, and it was yesterday (Sunday): www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could be a new method for terrorist attacks. If there is a third Amtrak vs Vehicle derailment this week, we'll know almost for sure, that's the case.

Wait! What? 3 in 2 days? I hadn't seen that one. What are the odds? Seriously, what are the odds of 3 Amtrak incidents in such a short time span?

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   
For a wreck at 90 MPH....

So little damage. How far did it skid?
www.kansascity.com...

Almost looks like it skidded a long way.

This was terrible, bless the departed.

top topics

join