It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles accepted suitcase with 1 million euros from Qatari sheikh, Sunday Times reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Clarence House said Prince Charles received charitable donations and the correct processes were followed regarding those donations after a British newspaper reported the Prince of Wales once accepted a suitcase containing €1 million ($1.05 million) in cash from a Qatari politician.

According to the Sunday Times, the suitcase containing €1 million in cash was one of three lots of cash he personally received, totaling €3 million, from former Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani between 2011 and 2015. CNN has not independently verified The Sunday Times report.

'Charitable Donations'
well that's okay then

anyone smell a rat here?

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

'Charitable Donations'

Naw mate just Charles donation.

Queen Elizabeth II and the crown own more land across the globe than just about anyone else on the planet bar the Roman Catholic Church.

A 1 million euros to them is like a score(£20).

The royals are as bent as a £3 note make no mistake about it.

Fun fact all the same apparently Qatar’s royal family owns more property in London than the British monarchy.
edit on 27-6-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well, perhaps prince Charles was one of the unnamed men in this news story 6 years ago ?
Perhaps to keep those men unnamed

www.folomojo.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

'Charitable Donations'
well that's okay then

anyone smell a rat here?

Yeah , buying favours is buying favours no matter how he frames it.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Must be nice to have been born. I wish I had been born , maybe then I would have been born 'special' like them

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

A case of one for you and one for me....?

Always had my doubts about him.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

More than lightly.

Did you happen to see Prince William take to the streets of London earlier this month to sell The Big Issue?

Talk about a PR stunt.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
Must be nice to have been born. I wish I had been born , maybe then I would have been born 'special' like them

I find this kind of thinking interesting. There is no amount of money or persuasion that could get me to wish for their kind of lives.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Its not that I'm anti-Royalist....I just think that the majority of them are complete twats and as removed from the everyday lives and concerns of the British people as can possibly be.

I've never particularly liked Charlie and he has far too much to say for himself for my liking.
If he interferes with government as much as I suspect he might when he becomes King then I will be the first in line shouting for his head!

William seems ok, he says and does the right thing.
I think there's a concerted effort to try and portray him as more of a 'man of the people', hence all the PR stunts as you say.

As much as I dislike the principle behind a Monarchy when I look at the alternatives - Biden, Macron, Merkel, Trump all spring immediately to mind - I have to say that as long as they don't put their nose into how this country is governed then....?

I don't think they are the only Heads of State etc who are involved in dodgy dealings and backhanders....I very much doubt they are the worst.
I suspect its sort of part and parcel of the whole amoral and corrupt world system we live in with all its injustices and inequalities.

Doesn't excuse what Charlie et al do or give them some sort of pass, far from it.
And it doesn't mean they shouldn't be held accountable.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Personally, i think their days under the Sun should be a thing of the past just because of what they represent aka a them and us mentality.

Not got anything really bad to say about them all the same aside of course from Andrew.

Queens an old lady who deserves as much respect as any other all the same.

I would end the British monarchy with her as in this day of age what they represent is antiquated draconian rule from above imho.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:15 AM
link   
One of my first thoughts is, what exactly does "a suitcase containing €1 million ($1.05 million) in cash from a Qatari politician" get the Prince of Wales? And what does "€3 million, from former Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani between 2011 and 2015" get the Prince of Wales?

What exactly is Prince Charles selling that a Qatari politician would want?

Ahhhh, the lifestyles of the rich and famous, Robin Leach must have missed these types of 'interactions'.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I would have liked to be in the bank when he walked in to deposit it. He could of course give it into the public purse to pay back some of Andrew payout. But he wont, so what actually would he want cash for???????

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Euros? EUROS?

The unpatriotic bar-steward surely should have at least specified a bung with his mum's face on the notes!

Whatever is the world coming to?

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Charlie won't be accepting any more bags of cash according to his aide.

Speaking about the allegations in The Sunday Times, the aide said:
"As we said over the weekend, it was passed immediately to his charities, and it was his charities who decided to accept the money.

"That is a decision for them, and they did so and as they confirmed it followed all of the right processes, the auditors looked at it.
news.sky.com...

Still doesn't address the cash for influence concern though ..."Hi Charles , how are your charities doing ... I need a favour" kinda thing .

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I hope you all realise he said he was giving it to charity, his charity. . Eeeerrr, eeerrr, but it slipped out that he'd deposited into his own Coutts account. I wonder where it went from there or better still how long was it in his account IF before he gave it to charity.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Probably just resting in his bank account.

top topics

join